Lineup 2020

randlfan

23 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Thought foals would be doing shows bigger than Olympia on their next tour, thats smaller capacity than ally pally (although only by a few hundred), can’t see them headlining (outright) next year doing venues like that

Perhaps, or it's a deliberately smaller tour due to big summer plans

I find it semi-baffling that so many look at Foals as an obvious headline band for massive festivals like R&L and Glastonbury. They play venues that plenty of subs or even third down bands play. Co-headline, sure, but I don't think they're really big enough to headline outright. I wouldn't complain if they did headline outright because I like them and I've always had a great time every time I've seen them but they're not a 'massive' band who could only headline by any stretch. 

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I find it semi-baffling that so many look at Foals as an obvious headline band for massive festivals like R&L and Glastonbury. They play venues that plenty of subs or even third down bands play. Co-headline, sure, but I don't think they're really big enough to headline outright. I wouldn't complain if they did headline outright because I like them and I've always had a great time every time I've seen them but they're not a 'massive' band who could only headline by any stretch. 

I’m the same i love foals but I can’t get my head around the idea of them headlining outright, I also feel they’ve dropped off slightly since what went down their streaming numbers for the last album and new album tracks are pretty bad compared to WWD

Foals will never come back to sub. It’s headline or nothing now for them, and sadly, as a huge fan I can’t see them getting the call up to solo headline given the lukewarm reception to Part 1 (which is a shame because I thought the album was fantastic) 

I can’t help feeling that their style of indie arena rock is being phased out with acts like Yungblud and Sam Fender seemingly becoming the most popular staples of British rock. 

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Foals will never come back to sub. It’s headline or nothing now for them, and sadly, as a huge fan I can’t see them getting the call up to solo headline given the lukewarm reception to Part 1 (which is a shame because I thought the album was fantastic) 

I can’t help feeling that their style of indie arena rock is being phased out with acts like Yungblud and Sam Fender seemingly becoming the most popular staples of British rock. 

I'm waiting to see the reception of part 2. But I think Sam Fender will be headlining in the next 5 years and maybe YUNGBLUD as he seems to be getting more mainstream 

On 10/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, TKOCF said:

The Kooks remain the worst set I’ve ever seen at R&L. And Catfish are one of the worst headliners I’ve ever seen at a festival (Citadel this year). So they’re both probably likely. 

100% agreed with both statements. No clue why Catfish got to headline three festivals in london three years in a row

2 hours ago, jump said:

I don't think Paul Weller would headline either. :P

Finishing the night with a bit of Town Called Malice would be perfect, would love to see the youngsters reaction to him...Serious though I love Weller and seen him a few times but he would never be at Reading now let alone Headline, so I agree with you...the audience isn't for him

12 hours ago, ModBoy said:

Finishing the night with a bit of Town Called Malice would be perfect, would love to see the youngsters reaction to him...Serious though I love Weller and seen him a few times but he would never be at Reading now let alone Headline, so I agree with you...the audience isn't for him

Would like to see their reaction to his haircut!

5 hours ago, Dukey said:

BmTH announced for Southside/Hurricane in Germany in June next year - doubt this has any impact on their likelihood of playing but they're definitely around.

Reckon they'll close the amo cycle at R+L. Whether they're coheadlining, subbing someone like Slipknot or (somehow) headlining outright is the question