Lineup 2020

randlfan

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Strokes are doing end of summer festivals in Europe most likely too as they did the early ones last year - looking more likely every day I think.

May 25, July 4, July 12, July 21, August 31. I don’t think you could conclusively say when they’re touring from the dates they played in Europe this year.

8 hours ago, Benj said:

If Guns n Roses turn up, I won’t be until about 45 minutes after there set is due to start. 

...and after last time I very much doubt I’d bother tuning up at all. 

Right, this hasn’t been a thing since the classic lineup reformed. They’ve consistently been very professional and punctual since the Not In This Lifetime run started. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Right, this hasn’t been a thing since the classic lineup reformed. They’ve consistently been very professional and punctual since the Not In This Lifetime run started. 

If they didn't turn up/really late Festival Republic would look like absolute clowns though - not that it particularly matters but it would be funny.

49 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Strokes / Travis Scott & BMTH / Foals will be the strongest set of headliners they’ve had in years

Tbh would go down well with the demographic, but it's missing the 'big' headliner. Swap out any one of those 3 with something like Metallica and it looks legit.

Just now, Han Ford said:

Tbh would go down well with the demographic, but it's missing the 'big' headliner. Swap out any one of those 3 with something like Metallica and it looks legit.

Strokes are a BIG headliner. Most influential indie band of the 2000’s with a great back catalogue

9 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

Strokes / Travis Scott & BMTH / Foals will be the strongest set of headliners they’ve had in years

I don’t think it would, The Strokes co headlined the last time they played and I’d say Foos are a much bigger pull than The Strokes, Post Malone is a similar pull to travis and The 1975 are way bigger than Foals. I’d be happy with it but not sure it’d even sell out tbh. Think Travis Scott or Stormzy will headline 1 day for sure but can’t see them having Foals and The Strokes, I think it’d be one or the other.

Edited by foolee

9 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

Strokes are a BIG headliner. Most influential indie band of the 2000’s with a great back catalogue

I think they were a big headliner, not sure I would consider them one today. Also not sure I would call them the most influential indie band of the 2000's, certainly up there, but not the most.

I find influential is probably the right word for The Strokes, once they broke through loads of similar new indie bands broke through and the biggest bands of the 00s like The Killers, Artic Monkeys etc named checked The Strokes. It's worth noting all of the All Points East shows from the extremely poor selling Bring Me and Christine & The Queens to the big names of Mumford & Sons and The Chemical Brothers this year only The Strokes day sold out.

They aren't a mega draw on par with the likes of Foo Fighters or Muse though.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Barcon Exodidi said:

What about a Catfish//The Kooks coheadline for an indie day? Assuming no The Strokes

The Kooks are never going to headline. The resurgence they've had in recent years is baffling in itself and even managing 3rd down in 2018 shocked a lot on here. They've peaked (again) with that surely and will never place higher.

2 hours ago, Barcon Exodidi said:

What about a Catfish//The Kooks coheadline for an indie day? Assuming no The Strokes

The Kooks remain the worst set I’ve ever seen at R&L. And Catfish are one of the worst headliners I’ve ever seen at a festival (Citadel this year). So they’re both probably likely. 

43 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

The Kooks remain the worst set I’ve ever seen at R&L. And Catfish are one of the worst headliners I’ve ever seen at a festival (Citadel this year). So they’re both probably likely. 

In what way were they bad? Genuinely curious, not being funny about it or anything. Never been a huge fan although do like quite a few songs. Thought they were solid enough at their own gig in Coventry back in May. 

Just now, TheWaters said:

In what way were they bad? Genuinely curious, not being funny about it or anything. Never been a huge fan although do like quite a few songs. Thought they were solid enough at their own gig in Coventry back in May. 

Which one?

Kooks: Lead singer looked bored out of his mind and had an off voice. Guitars out of tune for a good two thirds of the set. Too many album tracks, Setlist ordered really weirdly.

Catfish: ok this one is trickier. I saw them at Nottingham arena and they were pretty good. But I saw them at citadel and it was the same show. No change in Setlist, same crowd interaction. I don’t need to see the 12 minute version of Business more than once.

44 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Which one?

Kooks: Lead singer looked bored out of his mind and had an off voice. Guitars out of tune for a good two thirds of the set. Too many album tracks, Setlist ordered really weirdly.

Catfish: ok this one is trickier. I saw them at Nottingham arena and they were pretty good. But I saw them at citadel and it was the same show. No change in Setlist, same crowd interaction. I don’t need to see the 12 minute version of Business more than once.

Oh no I totally agree about The Kooks. In 2017 I wanted to be at La Dispute but I'd met some cute girl who was letting me use her portable charger so I followed her to The Kooks haha. Awful choice but meant I had a great spot for Travis Scott.

Ahhh that makes sense fair enough. Having only seen them the once at their own arena show I've got nothing to compare to but that's understandable. You're the first person I've seen mention how ridiculously long Business went on lmao I thought I just imagined it going on that long haha.

Thought foals would be doing shows bigger than Olympia on their next tour, thats smaller capacity than ally pally (although only by a few hundred), can’t see them headlining (outright) next year doing venues like that

Edited by dum surfer