Lineup 2020

randlfan

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

AC/DC (w/ Brian Johnson) are apparently going on a world tour in 2020 and will be headlining some of the DWP festivals in the states in April/May time. Could they be the out of the ordinary headliner if that info is true? 

It's who I thought of when that info was posted (which of course could be bogus). Think they'd be way more likely to do R&L than Glasto if they're doing any festivals at all in the UK (could also do BST). Plus with Brian Johnson appearing with Muse the other year, I don't think it's a completely impossible thought.

Even still, I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

AC/DC seem far more likely to do their own stadium shows than festivals. Really don't see them as at all likely for Reading and Leeds where they'd look completely at odds with the usual headliner bookings as of late.

I was thinking the same thing but if they actually are doing festivals in the US then maybe. They could be like Metallica where they are trying to get the young crowd by playing Glasto.

• Downvote 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:25 AM, jump said:

I was a teen whom saw AFI over Blur :P It was the better choice too, Blur were doing that shit electro album and it was when Graham Coxon had quit.

My mate who watched them regretted not coming with me as it was so heavy on the setlist with Think Tank songs, once they had reformed they completely dropped all of those songs.

Think tank was ace, ‘13’ is the shit one. Although the ‘99 show supporting that was properly ace. They had played ‘13’ songs all summer, they binned them all at Reading and played a brilliant set. 

Looking at the 2003 set list, it is very Think Tank heavy, was v good though - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/2003/little-johns-farm-reading-england-6bd78a1e.html

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Think tank was ace, ‘13’ is the shit one. Although the ‘99 show supporting that was properly ace. They had played ‘13’ songs all summer, they binned them all at Reading and played a brilliant set. 

Looking at the 2003 set list, it is very Think Tank heavy, was v good though - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/2003/little-johns-farm-reading-england-6bd78a1e.html

I'm glad you enjoyed it but I'm never gonna agree with you that was a period of Blur worth checking out tho. Graham Coxon is as much to Blur as Damon is imo and if you think of the best Blur songs there is at least 10 (probably a lot more) that would be ahead of anything from Think Tank.

Edited by jump

2 hours ago, jump said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it but I'm never gonna agree with you that was a period of Blur worth checking out tho. Graham Coxon is as much to Blur as Damon is imo and if you think of the best Blur songs there is at least 10 (probably a lot more) that would be ahead of anything from Think Tank.

Give it a revisit there’s some great stuff on there. Out of Time, Sweet Song, Good Song, File on you.  Maybe not typical Blur but fantastic songs. 

For Coxon action there’s Battery in your leg, which he played on (and possibly wrote), which is, to be fair, my fave on the record

38 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Can't believe I've started this Blur stuff ?

I reckon if we have GnR or the strokes we'll have one of them not both 

Reckon it'll be one of Foals or Strokes on the Friday.

Think Travis will co-headline with someone for the Saturday

If they don't get the Killers on their new album or AM if they're around, reckon it'll be GNR/Slipknot/AC/DC for the Sunday.

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Last year Twenty One Pilots, 1975 and Post Malone all played Lollapalooza South America and all three headlined so I reckon it’s a strong possibility we get both Strokes and GnR. 

Yeah but none of the 2018 headliners crossed over. I wouldn't say there's that much of a link, just means they're definitely active next year and could be booked for R&L.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Probably going to get murdered for this, but Harry Styles is back about with new music. Could we see him pop up at R&L, maybe 4th/5th down on the main stage?

As much as i'd love that (his debut album was phenomenal) I don't think R+L has a crowd that would get past his 1D beginnings.

24 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

As much as i'd love that (his debut album was phenomenal) I don't think R+L has a crowd that would get past his 1D beginnings.

I can't comment on Harry's music but whatshisname from Busted did alright with the crowd at R&L when Fightstar played.

19 minutes ago, jump said:

I can't comment on Harry's music but whatshisname from Busted did alright with the crowd at R&L when Fightstar played.

I guess with the crowd changing as of recent you never know. I'd personally enjoy it and he seems to want to make this transition into a 'classic' rockstar. Major fleetwood mac influences on his debut as has performed with Stevie Nicks a few times.

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Last year Twenty One Pilots, 1975 and Post Malone all played Lollapalooza South America and all three headlined so I reckon it’s a strong possibility we get both Strokes and GnR. 

Strokes are doing end of summer festivals in Europe most likely too as they did the early ones last year - looking more likely every day I think.