Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 hours ago, gfa said:

I think him going and doing wireless again is a bit of retreat honestly though.

Most gigs will be, but he has to get paid somewhere. I don't think Parklife or Boardmasters are out of the question either; people would talk about it as a step down but if things don't work out for a Reading headline slot or a big outdoor show then there's little option.

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Foals, Travis Scott & Guns N Roses would be alright. 

I doubt they would bother with GnR again but I think that is a fairly strong selection. Probably could get an act more expensive than Foals/ Travis Scott with the leftover money though?

Talkin' of GNR, the South American Lollapalooza festivals announce on Thursday - for which GNR are heavily rumoured - and the late May/early June US rock festivals have an announcement to coincide. My hunch is a coordinated GNR rollout throughout the day, though the only thing it will likely do with R+L is rule out the possibility if there are UK shows that appear as well.

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Also, have you seen Travis Scott’s production on this AstroWorld run? He ain’t coming cheap. 

Can only guess but I imagine he costs a hell of a lot now. Last year he got sued for not handing back an advance (so only about half of the fee) of $150k for a nightclub PA set that he didn't turn up for - that's not even a proper live show with any production, and it was pre-Astroworld.

A bit like Kendrick Lamar, I think he'll headline Coachella and a bunch of other major fests worldwide, finally landing at Reading and Leeds at the end of summer. New album should be huge too.

Edited by dentalplan

On 10/7/2019 at 2:26 AM, Traher666 said:

I'd fuck with that dream, not sure how Blur would go down with the kinder though.

I remember having a mini go at a couple of teens back in 2003 who said they were going to watch AFI instead of Blur.

17 years later it would be hard to do it with similar belief against Dave or similar

Edited by Benj

20 minutes ago, Benj said:

I remember having a mini go at a couple of teens back in 2003 who said they were going to watch AFI instead of Blur.

17 years later it would be hard to do it with similar belief against Dave or similar

I was a teen whom saw AFI over Blur :P It was the better choice too, Blur were doing that shit electro album and it was when Graham Coxon had quit.

My mate who watched them regretted not coming with me as it was so heavy on the setlist with Think Tank songs, once they had reformed they completely dropped all of those songs.

Edited by jump