Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, ModBoy said:

Could the curve ball be Queen and Adam Lambert? I haven't looked at the dates of their tour next year so they may not be able to...but they done TRNSMT last year and feel they could do any festival tbh, even the younger audience of Reading and Leeds will know a load of Queen? Just a thought

They still have a stigma about them from killing off Sonisphere, somewhere like Isle of Wight might be able to get away with them but I'd be surprised if a bunch of 70 year olds and a reality tv star would be booked for R&L.

1 hour ago, jump said:

They still have a stigma about them from killing off Sonisphere, somewhere like Isle of Wight might be able to get away with them but I'd be surprised if a bunch of 70 year olds and a reality tv star would be booked for R&L.

How did the kill it off? I tried googling it but nothing really came up. They played like 4 years before it died ? 

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

How did the kill it off? I tried googling it but nothing really came up. They played like 4 years before it died ? 

It was more stigma than them actually killing it off as when American Idol's Adam Lambert & the other guys from Queen and the rest of the line up were announced it took a big backlash for a piss poor line up with them as the focus point of it. It did really badly with sales to the point it was cancelled and it never truly recovered, it was often mocked for it's non-announcements for the years that followed. It forced Kilimanjaro to only bother with Sonisphere UK unless they had acts like Metallica and Iron Maiden (which they did once) but with competition from R&L and Download the pool was too small for them to put out a decent line up to compete with them.

Just now, NerdsNatterings said:

Fair enough I didn't know that. Then maybe Billie will be a solo headliner, she's definitely big enough (if she isn't I don't know who is). 

What I was getting at was that there isn’t really a ‘too big to coheadline’ when one of the worlds biggest and most expensive headliners did exactly that at Reading a couple of years back. Certain types of acts won’t coheadline I’m sure but I don’t see anything to suggest Billie would be that type of act.