Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Yanazard said:

I don't have any names of specific artists (just yet) but I've been told that all three headliners have been booked, and apparently they're trying to appeal to as many types of music fan as possible with them. There's an Indie headliner, a rap headliner and a heavier headliner.

I've been told that two of the headliners are very much "in" at the minute and will go down well with the younger crowd. The third headliner are supposedly a bit of a curveball and not the sort of act that R&L would usually book but they have a huge following and will sell a lot of day tickets.

I like the way as many types of music fans as possible is basically just rap and guitars.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Yanazard said:

I don't have any names of specific artists (just yet) but I've been told that all three headliners have been booked, and apparently they're trying to appeal to as many types of music fan as possible with them. There's an Indie headliner, a rap headliner and a heavier headliner.

I've been told that two of the headliners are very much "in" at the minute and will go down well with the younger crowd. The third headliner are supposedly a bit of a curveball and not the sort of act that R&L would usually book but they have a huge following and will sell a lot of day tickets.

Sounds like Slipknot... let's have BMTH subbing them too.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It would be good to see R&L be bold and book three outright headliners as they have shied away from it a lot in recent years.

Catfish 100% can outright headline if the two other headliners are strong. Stormzy and Slipknot should sell their individual days well.

That would be weak as piss and you know it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It would be good to see R&L be bold and book three outright headliners as they have shied away from it a lot in recent years.

Catfish 100% can outright headline if the two other headliners are strong. Stormzy and Slipknot should sell their individual days well.

catfish would be the most vanilla headliner of all time they’ll coheadline and for me they can’t close the day, they have to be the supporting coheadliner 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That would be weak as piss and you know it.

This is highly ironic considering my past stance on his size pre- Glastonbury but I think Stormzy is now a huge ticket seller for any festival he is booked for. Yeah Catfish is a bit vanilla but looking at their TRSMT headline slot, I can’t see why there would be any reservations.

Plus I don’t really hold out hope that Reading will book headliners which I’d consider strong anyway. Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco and Kings of Leon headlined in 2018!!!

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is highly ironic considering my past stance on his size pre- Glastonbury but I think Stormzy is now a huge ticket seller for any festival he is booked for. Yeah Catfish is a bit vanilla but looking at their TRSMT headline slot, I can’t see why there would be any reservations.

Plus I don’t really hold out hope that Reading will book headliners which I’d consider strong anyway. Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco and Kings of Leon headlined in 2018!!!

Do you? I was of a similar belief regarding Stormzy but it hasn't really changed. He's a headliner, of course, and he hasn't really done much since to fairly judge him but I don't think he's a marquee name. Might get a few laughs for this but I genuinely think that Travis Scott would be a bigger draw.

Catfish I don't think are a headliner at all for a festival Reading's size. What's so good about their TRNSMT headline slot? All I heard was that it was that they - like at Citadel - had a smaller crowd than Bastille who were directly before them. I would be comfortable in predicting them to play Victorious that weekend.

Those two are the two days that didn't sell on an edition of TRNSMT that was panned by R+L's demographic. And as much as I have been thinking Slipknot for a long time, they couldn't really be the main bearer of the ticket sales at R+L.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do you? I was of a similar belief regarding Stormzy but it hasn't really changed. He's a headliner, of course, and he hasn't really done much since to fairly judge him but I don't think he's a marquee name. Might get a few laughs for this but I genuinely think that Travis Scott would be a bigger draw.

Catfish I don't think are a headliner at all for a festival Reading's size. What's so good about their TRNSMT headline slot? All I heard was that it was that they - like at Citadel - had a smaller crowd than Bastille who were directly before them. I would be comfortable in predicting them to play Victorious that weekend.

Those two are the two days that didn't sell on an edition of TRNSMT that was panned by R+L's demographic. And as much as I have been thinking Slipknot for a long time, they couldn't really be the main bearer of the ticket sales at R+L.

Yeah you make valid points, I don’t know whether I’m misjudging it. I watched the Catfish set and it looked like a very young crowd knowing all the words. I know on TV everything looks different but I see how R&L would be too big for them? I’m not a fan at all but I thought the dark fruits crowd would lap it up on the night.

Stormzy has been releasing a few decent singles since Glastonbury - albeit none are charting like Vossy Bop but I think it’s clear that he is here to stay as a UK festival headliner.

I think the point I’m trying to make is he’s become a bit of a household name now. If R&L is serious about giving hip hop / grime etc a prominent slot in their festival I imagine he’s a pretty solid booking to make. Even if he’s considered entry-level grime, the grime heads will definitely factor him into their weekend schedules.

How I interpret it is that the 1extra stage sells weekend tickets by itself. He seems like a shoe in to me if he’s not (a) doing wireless instead or (b) doing his own thing like Merky Fest.

If he’s a R&L exclusive he will shift a boatload of tickets.

Edited by Matt42