Lineup 2020

randlfan

23 hours ago, 1986 said:

Never thought I'd care enough to defend Blink in 2019 but I think Nine is the best thing they have done since Untitled. No dumb joke songs, less lyrics that feel like old men trying to sound like teenagers, and catchy as hell.

Green Day and FOB don't even sound like themselves anymore. That latest Green Day song in particular is embarrassing.

Sounds like a bad Portugal. The Man rip off.

49 minutes ago, VCK said:

Didn't they play a couple of stadiums in the UK when they headlined in 2013?

They are touring in the US at the time of Reading so if they would play they have to fly to the UK, then back to the US and then back to the UK again for it to fit. The same applies for Weezer, Interrupters and Fall Out Boy.

49 minutes ago, jump said:

They are touring in the US at the time of Reading so if they would play they have to fly to the UK, then back to the US and then back to the UK again for it to fit. The same applies for Weezer, Interrupters and Fall Out Boy.

More to the point, they have US dates on the exact weekend of Reading.

6 minutes ago, jump said:

Well they have one date during R&L, hence why they would have to fly to the UK, then back to US and back to UK again.

Ah okay thought you meant in the summer as a whole!

For the big rock band slot, The Killers or Slipknot feel like the two frontrunners for me. Brandon said in an interview when they released Land of the Free that a new album will probably be in 2020.

Foals / Stormzy / The Killers 

The Strokes / Stormzy / Slipknot 

Drake in Rock In Rio: asked for a 4 million dollars cache (Brazil's currency, Real, is equivalent to 4 dollars at this moment)

didn't authorized transmission on TV and ALL rock in rio concerts are streamed live on TV, it will include even King Crimson

played in the dark

cutted all songs in a half or more, some songs he didn't even played for 1 minute straight

played on playback

looked like he wanted to be anywere but on that stage

so, Drake really doesn't work in a festival outside North America

On 9/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, 1986 said:

Green Day and FOB don't even sound like themselves anymore. That latest Green Day song in particular is embarrassing.

The Green Day song isn't good but I'll take it over the shit they had on Revolution Radio and Uno, Dos, Tres. The Fall Out Boy song is possibly the worst song I've heard all year. The Weezer track absolutely slaps.

• Upvote 1

I don't have any names of specific artists (just yet) but I've been told that all three headliners have been booked, and apparently they're trying to appeal to as many types of music fan as possible with them. There's an Indie headliner, a rap headliner and a heavier headliner.

I've been told that two of the headliners are very much "in" at the minute and will go down well with the younger crowd. The third headliner are supposedly a bit of a curveball and not the sort of act that R&L would usually book but they have a huge following and will sell a lot of day tickets.

3 minutes ago, Yanazard said:

I don't have any names of specific artists (just yet) but I've been told that all three headliners have been booked, and apparently they're trying to appeal to as many types of music fan as possible with them. There's an Indie headliner, a rap headliner and a heavier headliner.

I've been told that two of the headliners are very much "in" at the minute and will go down well with the younger crowd. The third headliner are supposedly a bit of a curveball and not the sort of act that R&L would usually book but they have a huge following and will sell a lot of day tickets.

Interesting. Keep us posted.

13 minutes ago, Yanazard said:

Foals, Stormzy and Slipknot???