Lineup 2020

randlfan

Foals aren't infallible but I agree they're a headliner in waiting (or should be) and one of the best of the current choices.

This new Blink album isn't bad at all either. At least half the songs are good. As much as Delonge was part of their character Skiba is the better singer.

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Blink’s new album is bum. Over produced, bland, feeling-less rubbish. I don’t know what has happened in the last 3 years because California was solid and the b-sides album they released was decent quality too. 

It's not great overall, but there are a couple of awesome songs on there I reckon - Darkside and Ransom.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Blink’s new album is bum. Over produced, bland, feeling-less rubbish. I don’t know what has happened in the last 3 years because California was solid and the b-sides album they released was decent quality too. 

Actually think it's better on the last half of the album, got some good songs. I hate Blink too so I never thought I would say that, can defo see them around next year. 

Lot of people in DL forum talking about Blink at Reading being a "better fit." Personally I just can't see it happening.

They're far behind bands like Foos and Muse so would be a weak headliner for that kind of slot, and their music hasn't carried over to the new generation in the same way that Green Day, Paramore, FOB etc. have

Feel like they're better doing their own tour, maybe APE or something. If they're booked at reading it would be very weak unless alongside something crazy big like AM and Drake 

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Lot of people in DL forum talking about Blink at Reading being a "better fit." Personally I just can't see it happening.

They're far behind bands like Foos and Muse so would be a weak headliner for that kind of slot, and their music hasn't carried over to the new generation in the same way that Green Day, Paramore, FOB etc. have

Feel like they're better doing their own tour, maybe APE or something. If they're booked at reading it would be very weak unless alongside something crazy big like AM and Drake 

I remember the crowd for Blink in 2010 being silly, I guess for the novelty as they’d not been around for a fair while. 2014 they did ok too. 

Thing is, post-Tom they’re a different beast now. The may be a ‘better fit’ but I reckon they’ll happily accept a co-headline or sub slot at RnL these days, providing they’re on these shores. I can’t see them headline outright, and I say that as a massive Blink fan! 

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

13 hours ago, R Shah said:

Never thought I'd care enough to defend Blink in 2019 but I think Nine is the best thing they have done since Untitled. No dumb joke songs, less lyrics that feel like old men trying to sound like teenagers, and catchy as hell.

Green Day and FOB don't even sound like themselves anymore. That latest Green Day song in particular is embarrassing.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Sam Fender just sold out Ally Pally and Newcastle arena in minutes and got another Ally Pally show added. Where’s he playing this year if booked? 

If they've had him booked before the last couple of weeks, they could've got him in a much smaller slot than he deserves. Now, he's at least 3rd down main/R1 headliner.