Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Download should have a headliner pool twice the size they have but they just keep bringing the same ones back and adding new dinosaurs because they refuse to diversify enough.

Blink would have been a great headliner for them.

So would BMTH, Korn, ADTR, Deftones, Green Day.  

I don't think the Lack of Blink at Download confirms them for R&L but it makes them a lot more likely.

Foals

Blink 182/The Strokes

Stormzy

Iron Maiden still in the running for Reading and Leeds:

Iron Maiden will return to Download in 2020, in what will be one of only two homecoming festival shows. They’ve spent the summer on their historic and critically acclaimed Legacy Of The Beast US tour, which has been deemed ‘Maiden’s best setlist ever’ so get ready Downloaders, this is one performance you won’t want to miss.

1 minute ago, madmaninabox said:

Iron Maiden still in the running for Reading and Leeds:

Iron Maiden will return to Download in 2020, in what will be one of only two homecoming festival shows. They’ve spent the summer on their historic and critically acclaimed Legacy Of The Beast US tour, which has been deemed ‘Maiden’s best setlist ever’ so get ready Downloaders, this is one performance you won’t want to miss.

Glastonbury?

16 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I reckon they're at Slam Dunk instead. Will find out Wednesday.

And yes, all five you just mentioned should have headlined, as should Alter Bridge and arguably Marilyn Manson since he's subbed four times.

I'd hate for Marilyn Manson to headline or play anywhere, he's been shocking the last few times I've seen him, his voice is gone.

Edited by jump

35 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Says who? Because on the undercard every year there are loads of bands that aren't classic rock and metal? The only reason it's got like that is because the gatekeepers whinge about anything new.

That's what it is though, regardless of what the organisers try and say contrary to that. They book the same old because of the risk feel of bumping someone up most likely that could lead them down a bad path sales wise....they've had a few that have not been great but I imagine knowing that it doesn't sell out, they do need a certain number to guarantee funds for the next year.

45 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Says who? Because on the undercard every year there are loads of bands that aren't classic rock and metal? The only reason it's got like that is because the gatekeepers whinge about anything new.

Half of the not classic rock or metal bands on the line up headline the Avalanche stage - specifically set aside for them (hardcore and punk type of bands.) 

The undercard for this year so far is pretty good. And the headliners are solid too.

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

To any bookers of Reading just do whatever it takes to get my chemical romance back together and headlining. A trio of Blink/BMTH, Stormzy and Foals isn't particularly exciting imo

That trio is missing a 'big' headliner, but I'm struggling to think who'd be a good fit. If Alex Turner could resurface soon that would be really handy for Reading lol. Killers maybe? Or possibly they've gone huge for Drake rather than Stormzy. But surely it can't be that trio because it's just lacking something 

Blink are being outsold by Keane in the album chart update (and LG but that’s a given). Maybe the festival know better about how many tickets they’d shift and are a genuine possibility, but it does seem like their popularity has dwindled significantly.

Anyway... Slipknot, Stormzy, Keane.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sam Fender main stage sub.

I know this sounds like its pushing it but hes probably not far off. I think at this point he's comfortably a 3rd down or r1 headliner, maybe fourth down on a day with a coheadliners. His latest tour included Alexandra Palace and a few arena dates, and he's been touring constantly for a couple of years in bigger and bigger venues. He'll headline within a few years imo. 

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

surely not, i’m hoping this is bait. i wouldn’t mind it because who doesn’t love a bit of somewhere only we know and everybody’s changing but SURELY not

issa joke