Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Sam Y said:

He's announcing a Ally Pally date today so I think he's a bit big for FR

It’s an arena tour, how the fuck has this suddenly happened after I saw him play to 400 at Fibbers in York (wasn’t even sold out) less than a year ago?!

I can see him being third down on main. Maybe R1 headline but after an arena tour they might want main stage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

An announcement of Biffy and Blink 182 could annoy a few people though.

I saw an article about earlier saying Blink, Biffy and SOAD were the headliners and thought that was poor but it turns out the article have just used someone’s prediction lmao.

i do reckon all 3 are a possibility though. Deffo SOAD surely

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I saw an article about earlier saying Blink, Biffy and SOAD were the headliners and thought that was poor but it turns out the article have just used someone’s prediction lmao.

i do reckon all 3 are a possibility though. Deffo SOAD surely

Blink 182 and SOAD are massive rumours.

Biffy have only seriously appeared since someone posted saying Copping posted a Jigsaw piece on instagram (but nobody else saw at and there's no evidence). Either way that would not be the greatest line up in the history of Download it has to be said. One band who played 3 years ago and haven't released or intended to release anything new for 15 years. One many people can't stand and drew a shit crowd last time they played and one who's new albums is utter shite. You could have two of those alongside Maiden and get away with it but not all three. 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No blink means that they must seriously be in contention for R&L now.

I was thinking this, would seem strange for them to release an album and not do some festivals. California tour they toured Europe in June/July so thinking it'll be shows in August this time around. Think with no Tom that they may be a co-headliner with someone like BMTH. 

19 minutes ago, foolee said:

I was thinking this, would seem strange for them to release an album and not do some festivals. California tour they toured Europe in June/July so thinking it'll be shows in August this time around. Think with no Tom that they may be a co-headliner with someone like BMTH. 

I agree with this. The boat has sailed for them to be able to headline things like Reading and Download outright now.

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

It could just be Travis doesn't want to spend months on boats to avoid flying so they are skipping Europe all together.

Blink are playing an acoustic show in Kingston next month in case anyone wants to see them.

1 minute ago, Traher666 said:

I agree with this. The boat has sailed for them to be able to headline things like Reading and Download outright now.

Download have just announced KISS as a headliner and had Def Leppard this year, they aren't exactly the top rock acts of today.

Edited by jump

22 minutes ago, jump said:

It could just be Travis doesn't want to spend months on boats to avoid flying so they are skipping Europe all together.

Blink are playing an acoustic show in Kingston next month in case anyone wants to see them.

Download have just announced KISS as a headliner and had Def Leppard this year, they aren't exactly the top rock acts of today.

I'm not talking about Blink being a top rock act of the day. Not having Tom and seemingly getting a worse reception to each release isn't doing much for them.

38 minutes ago, jump said:

They're not meant to book bands like Blink 182 that's not the point of Download. It's a festival for classic rock and metal fans as the headliners of the past few years have shown. Hence why the prospect of Blink was being baulked at by so many. 

7 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

They're not meant to book bands like Blink 182 that's not the point of Download. It's a festival for classic rock and metal fans as the headliners of the past few years have shown. Hence why the prospect of Blink was being baulked at by so many. 

The funny things is Copping when he launched Download spoke at great lengths about how he doesn't want Download to be the classic rock festival as that is what killed off Monsters of Rock but it turned into that anyway.

7 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Says who? Because on the undercard every year there are loads of bands that aren't classic rock and metal? The only reason it's got like that is because the gatekeepers whinge about anything new.