Lineup 2020

randlfan

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thats so early isn't it? Exciting to get the first big announcement though will rule out a few names for other fests. Probably will be quite a big year after this year's washout.

'Should be' should clarify. Early bird off sale is the only official thing yet.

Download announces headliners as soon as they've firmed them all up as a general policy (which is why we get panicky if there's not one by Christmas). Although this is fairly early, it's been September a couple of times. Lots of other European Fests announcing the same day, so presumably someones about to drop a tour announcement. 

Hopefully a big year; but GNR showed a big headliner can screw over the undercard. Was a big year in terms of bookings last year - Tool were a draw for rarity factor and Slipknot always are a big draw, Def Leppard should have been knocked out for a new headliner but that's life. Shame about the rain but although some people did go home, wouldn't have called it a washout, still tens an tens of thousand there for Tool on Sunday night. Ground seemed to recover okay by the Saturday to be honest (jn the arena anyway, campsites were a fucking mess). Hopefully gone after a massive Sunday night headliner to stop people sacking the thing off for the Rammstein gig on the Sunday night or saving money for the Hella Mega Tour, the week after (same price as a DL day ticket; face value). 

Edited by madmaninabox
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jericode said:

They'd suit the slot for sure, depending when the album gets released I could see them saved for 2021.

They skipped them in 2018 for Cool Like You tho for a sub the following year. Either way I’d be happy. I’ve a good feeling 2020 will be a good Leeds fest line up, but then again.....it is festival Republic we’re dealing with  

10 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Has this been officially confirmed?

It's been heavily hinted at. Early bird tickets off sale a month early and last years highlights video out (which is the precursor to an announcement in DL terms, - last year was great, come back again kind of thing'). (Sunday 1.59pm) [usually an announcement is on it's way when they go off sale early].

A tonne of other European rock and metal fests with headliners announcements on Monday. 

It could be any time from Sunday to a week or so after, but everything points to Monday.  

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They did. It's just that no one gave a fuck about it.

Yeah they headlined in 2014 and played a few songs off neighbourhoods but that album came out in 2011.

In 2014 they returned without releasing any new material for a fair few years.

It doesn’t matter anyway but my point was... yes they are a repeated booking but there is more “new” material in a likely 2020 set than there was in 2014. It won’t be just the same set again. They have released two albums since.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah they headlined in 2014 and played a few songs off neighbourhoods but that album came out in 2011.

In 2014 they returned without releasing any new material for a fair few years.

It doesn’t matter anyway but my point was... yes they are a repeated booking but there is more “new” material in a likely 2020 set than there was in 2014. It won’t be just the same set again.

Okay. I think anyone would have thought the same as me that 'new stuff' means anything released since last time to change the setlist up.

I don't think Blink without Delonge are a headliner anymore, personally. They weren't a resounding choice with him. I don't think anyone should feel worried about this happening.

Would be remiss of me not to also point out how you're talking up a potential Blink headline slot after only last week shouting down the credentials of My Chemical Romance headlining.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Would be remiss of me not to also point out how you're talking up a potential Blink headline slot after only last week shouting down the credentials of My Chemical Romance headlining.

I knew you’d bring that up. I don’t think a blink co-headline is that far fetched but i’d be very surprised to see them return in a lower slot when they comfortably headlined in 2014.

Also if they have a new album and are touring (and downloads don’t have them) i’l be very surprised if Reading don’t have them either. Just seems like too easy of a booking for r&l to miss out on.

7 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

It's been heavily hinted at. Early bird tickets off sale a month early and last years highlights video out (which is the precursor to an announcement in DL terms, - last year was great, come back again kind of thing'). (Sunday 1.59pm) [usually an announcement is on it's way when they go off sale early].

A tonne of other European rock and metal fests with headliners announcements on Monday. 

It could be any time from Sunday to a week or so after, but everything points to Monday.  

Update on this. Last year and the year before there was over a week between the removal of Early Bird and the announcement so may not be as imminent as Monday, should get an announcement of the announcement on Sunday or Monday if that's the case.