Lineup 2020

randlfan

8 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I’m really liking the idea of it being Slipknot, Drake and The Killers rn (possibly with some coheadline there as much as it pisses people off). Probably won’t end up as strong as that but I think itd be a well rounded but interesting set of headliners for 2020.

Would deffo sell out.

I mean Drake would sell weekend tickets alone.

This to headline the pit

Probably more likely than an existing rock band nowadays.

I’m really liking the idea of it being Slipknot, Drake and The Killers rn (possibly with some coheadline there as much as it pisses people off). Probably won’t end up as strong as that but I think itd be a well rounded but interesting set of headliners for 2020.

Is there anything pointing to The Killers except the pattern of previous year’s Glasto headliners? I find The Strokes and/or Liam Gallagher a little more likely for the third pin.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

We’re in a time now where KoRn and Limp Bizkit are, I suppose, Dad rock :P 

My neighbour was into Limp Bizkit around their peak and I’m p sure he’s a grandad now.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Is there anything pointing to The Killers except the pattern of previous year’s Glasto headliners? I find The Strokes and/or Liam Gallagher a little more likely for the third pin.

Absolutely nothing but it’s too early to rule them out. They are also known to play individual festivals without it being part of a wider tour. I’m pretty sure they did Glasto this year with very few other European shows right? They’d often do the same when they did V festival.

10 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yup, would be well interesting that lineup, something completely different every night 

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah not really. There always tends to be an established headliner at R&L that hasn't played in the UK for at least a year by the time of the festival, although Drake would tick that box as well as The Killers, and so would The Strokes. Just think they'd go after The Killers over The Strokes/LG if they're all available.

Stormzy, Slipknot and a Foals/Strokes co-head would probably be my ideal realistic headliners, although I assume both of those co-heads could probably headline outright at this point. Especially the latter. I’ll stick to it for now just because I’m very keen on Foals being there lmao.

What other shouts are there for possible co-heads? Atm I can think LG, Catfish, Biffy Clyro, Tame Impala, BMTH are all realistic shouts. Alt-J maybe if they have anything new coming but I know they’re not as big as they were when they subbed. Who else?

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Stormzy, Slipknot and a Foals/Strokes co-head would probably be my ideal realistic headliners, although I assume both of those co-heads could probably headline outright at this point. Especially the latter. I’ll stick to it for now just because I’m very keen on Foals being there lmao.

What other shouts are there for possible co-heads? Atm I can think LG, Catfish, Biffy Clyro, Tame Impala, BMTH are all realistic shouts. Alt-J maybe if they have anything new coming but I know they’re not as big as they were when they subbed. Who else?

I reckon a Catfish/LG coheadline slot could be possible for the Friday 

Also Kasabian are in with a chance and I think either Stormzy or Drake will be the rapper. 

I think the Sunday slot could be The Killers or Slipknot

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Actively booking coheadliners seems like such a strange thing to suggest. What if they could only get one?

I wasn’t suggesting that they’d actively try and book co-headliners, more so if there were co-headliners who would they be. Was just wondering who realistic options were if a co-headline was to happen.

11 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Nope, nothing. Mark had previously said they’re planning on touring Europe in 2020, so they’re as good a shout as any 

You'll find out soon. Downloads headliners out on Monday System of a Down and Blink 182 among our rumoured bands, if there not a Download I'm almost certain one of them will be at Reading. 

Edited by madmaninabox

2 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

You'll find out soon. Downloads headliners out on Monday System of a Down and Blink 182 among our rumoured bands, if there not a Download I'm almost certain one of them will be at Reading. 

Thats so early isn't it? Exciting to get the first big announcement though will rule out a few names for other fests. Probably will be quite a big year after this year's washout.

Edited by gfa