Lineup 2020

randlfan

Good news for The Strokes fans 

For those who haven’t seen...this guy on Reddit met the strokes’ guitarist and he completely confirmed there’s an album coming next year, I’m not sure how to link it but it is completely 100% true - he even has footage of some of this conversation. Even though they’re seen as more of a nostalgia act these days I see no reason why they wouldn’t book The Strokes for 2019 but they’d book Kings of Leon for 2018??! 

6B7ABEE3-62EE-4429-887A-F0DD9E09B1C7.png

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Bringing back the topic of potential Slipknot subs, what about Marilyn Manson?

His voice is gone and he's been shit the last few times I've seen him so I'd rather not.

I wouldn't be shocked if IDLES are announced as a sub (even though I reckon 3rd is more likely) with the momentum they have. I'd also throw Parkway Drive, Five Finger Death Punch, Blink 182s names into the mix too and it looks like Prodigy are carrying on so I wouldn't rule them out either.

31 minutes ago, Jericode said:

If they get a new album out, I could totally see it being Architects. Can have a nice big logo to keep them happy that way.

I don’t think an album is coming any time soon. The touring cycle for Holy Hell was quite short because a couple of them have recently had children so they’re obviously focusing on family stuff. 

I was thinking the other day too, could IDLES sub? They’re in the studio now making album #3. They sold out Ally Pally super fast and the hype of a new album would be huge. 

Only stuck an album caveat because I figured they were done with Holy Hell, given it was already pretty well received it's obviously raised their stock. If they're taking a little break then fair enough.

A new IDLES album could be massive. They'd be 3rd at a minimum, I'd genuinely put consideration into getting them to sub to capitalise on the upward momentum.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think an album is coming any time soon. The touring cycle for Holy Hell was quite short because a couple of them have recently had children so they’re obviously focusing on family stuff. 

I was thinking the other day too, could IDLES sub? They’re in the studio now making album #3. They sold out Ally Pally super fast and the hype of a new album would be huge. 

I suggested that above. I saw them at APE and they got a bigger crowd than a lot of the bigger acts later in the day.

They do have on their side playing loads of small venues so there's a thirst to see them still, if R&L slap an exclusive tag on them to avoid being over exposed next summer they could get away with it.

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

If they get a new album out, I could totally see it being Architects. Can have a nice big logo to keep them happy that way.

Is this a swipe at the Jera drop out? Because I went this year and was livid when they dropped out, but then was very excited about Shikari replacing them. 

I am a big IDLES fan and looking forward to their Leeds academy show. I imagine their third album will be out just before festival season, a third down slot would suit them perfectly. High up but not too high, they don’t really care for being high up bills (they played TRUCK at 2:30pm this year due to having another festival later in the day). Third would suit them nicely.

I’d be happy with something like this for Main:

Slipknot

Skepta

IDLES 

1 hour ago, Nick Aldous said:

Also, Wolf Alice would be a great third down act, or a Sub to a co-head. I can’t see them subbing an outright headliner but would love to be wrong. They SMASHED their truck headline this year

So they could co-headline, sub, or play third down, but not sub an outright headliner?

49 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

I could’ve worded it better but yeah that’s what I mean. Thanks haha! Exceptional live band :)

I do have to give it to Wolf Alice, they are a lot better live than their middle of the road sound would suggest they be.

Edited by jump

Would festival republic really get slipknot to headline now, feels like they’d be getting what is now a very alien band to the majority of their audience. Don’t really see what benefit they’d have booking them over a safer, yet probably boring, option. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

Would festival republic really get slipknot to headline now, feels like they’d be getting what is now a very alien band to the majority of their audience. Don’t really see what benefit they’d have booking them over a safer, yet probably boring, option. 

I think the only heavy metal band they can get away with now is Metallica and subsequently they are the only one in recent times to have been booked. This year I feel was the year you could maybe have got away with it.