Lineup 2020

randlfan

32 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

sadly yes I do hope it's someone different such as Kanye who would really sell out but can't see anything else happening?

Travis Scott maybe? Dunno if he's around but seen his name mentioned a lot. Personally can't see Kanye, not sure Reading would risk him throwing a tantrum and not showing up. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t even understand how you can even consider any of his three albums as dated. 

It’s just very straight rock music, which is massively dated. 

Maybe I’ve only heard the dull ones, or maybe it’s just his voice I don’t get on with, can you link something more progressive for me?

Edited by Benj

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Maybe I’ve only heard the dull ones, or maybe it’s just his voice I don’t get on with, can you link something more progressive for me?

Listen to Angel Wings off their most recent album. 

15 hours ago, Benj said:

To be fair, I don’t think Frank Carter is trying to be progressive. It just straight up fun rock music which seems to be going down well judging by his ever increasing ticket sales.

If you think rock music is dated in general then that’s a whole different conversation and I don’t think anyone should single Frank Carter out for that.

• Upvote 3

I'd like to  see Frank Carter start doing progressive rock covers now, stuff like Rick Wakeman, Pink Floyd, Rush :P

I'd rather bands not try to hop onto the latest sound in favour of ditching their own, I remember Korn releasing that dubstep album trying to be down with the kids but it was embarrassingly shit.

Edited by jump

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Everything sounds like something else, doesn’t it. 

Yes. I wouldn’t choose sounding like classic U2 as a good example of someone not sounding a bit staid though

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

To be fair, I don’t think Frank Carter is trying to be progressive. It just straight up fun rock music which seems to be going down well judging by his ever increasing ticket sales.

If you think rock music is dated in general then that’s a whole different conversation and I don’t think anyone should single Frank Carter out for that.

I think your second point gets to what I was initially getting at when I responded to the point that acts like that should be the kind of act R and L should be booking. 

So I guess I wasn’t singling him out as such but a lineup full of that kind of thing would be utterly dull and I say this as someone who was around long before Gallows first played Reading.

3 hours ago, Benj said:

Yes. I wouldn’t choose sounding like classic U2 as a good example of someone not sounding a bit staid though

I think your second point gets to what I was initially getting at when I responded to the point that acts like that should be the kind of act R and L should be booking. 

So I guess I wasn’t singling him out as such but a lineup full of that kind of thing would be utterly dull and I say this as someone who was around long before Gallows first played Reading.

Well there was plenty of rock on the Sunday of Reading and there was plenty who didn’t find it ‘utterly dull’.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:43 PM, Hart Attack said:

Main:
Slipknot
Bring Me The Horizon
Architects
Don Broco
Neck Deep
Marmozets
Alice Glass
Yonaka
Dream State

BBC Radio 1:
Bombay Bicycle Club
Lewis Capaldi
Octavian

Festival Republic:
White Lies

Lock-Up/Pit:
New Found Glory

Dance:
Disciples

BBC 1Xtra:
Yxng Bane

---------

Main:
Catfish & The Bottlemen / Tame Impala
Wolf Alice
Idles
Krept & Konan
Slowthai
Fever 333
Black Honey
Vukovi

BBC Radio 1:
Loyle Carner
Brockhampton
Metronomy

Festival Republic:
Cage The Elephant

Lock-Up/Pit:
AFI

Dance:
Sigma

BBC 1Xtra:
Kano

---------

Main:
The Killers
Two Door Cinema Club
Vampire Weekend
Nothing But Thieves
Pale Waves
Aitch
Fickle Friends
The Xcerts
Black Foxxes

BBC Radio 1:
Marshmello
Run The Jewels
Sam Fender

Festival Republic:
Friendly Fires

Lock-Up/Pit:
Skindred

Dance:
Bicep

BBC 1Xtra:
Wiley

That would be a fucking banging lineup tbf

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Well there was plenty of rock on the Sunday of Reading and there was plenty who didn’t find it ‘utterly dull’.

Him and the Foo Fighters were, ADTR we’re alright  

Didnt even consider watching the Distillers after being bored to dearth by them last time they played. 

The Frank Carter and ADTR crowds were very sparse compared to many other acts on the main over the weekend

14 minutes ago, Benj said:

Him and the Foo Fighters were, ADTR we’re alright  

Didnt even consider watching the Distillers after being bored to dearth by them last time they played. 

The Frank Carter and ADTR crowds were very sparse compared to many other acts on the main over the weekend

Just to add the foo fighters crowd in reading was so sparse compared to post and 1975

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Was it? There was space in the front pit but I assumed it was the new capacity fences/gates doing their bit. 

2 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Packed from what I could see?

I was standing next to the furthest back speaker on stage right, no way I could've gotten any close than that.

We were able to easily get from just behind the third barrier to the front of the middle section very easily halfway through the set. Was a far sparser crowd than AJ/Billie

I think I've seen Tame Impala mentioned here, I'd love to see them headline, they absolutely smashed Glastonbury this year and they have a new album coming out very very soon, seems like the perfect opportunity to have them play, they have plenty of music for a headline slot.

I don't think we'd see Billie headline next year though, whilst she's an amazing act and really pulls in huge crowds I don't feel she has another music to pad out an hour and a half, if she continues killing it with her music I'd love to see her headline in a few years.

Would love to see Stormzy aswell, he smashed Glastonbury again and has plenty of great music.

Edited by Harry_W01
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

We were able to easily get from just behind the third barrier to the front of the middle section very easily halfway through the set. Was a far sparser crowd than AJ/Billie

Billie I managed to get close without much hassle, even after waiting for the Japanese house for 20 mins beforehand. I guess it can all depend of where you try to get to!

Can't speak for AJ as I only watched 10 minutes from the back before heading off elsewhere. (Not that he was bad!)