Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Slipknot are rumoured to play Lollapalooza 2020 in South America (Brazil, Argentina and Chile), if they are doing festivals like these i can def see they doing Reading/Leeds

This suggests not honestly, when acts do these festivals its usually at the end of a tour cycle or just in off years. Usually anyway - given the circumstances it seems to confirm a festival tour.

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

So many of these acts I could also see doing APE next year e.g. Tame Impala, LG, Kasabian, Courteeners, Foals 

No chance Courteeners do it and I'd be quite surprised if Liam Gallagher or Kasabian did as well. Foals would have probably been there this year but wouldn't rule that one out.

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Tame Impala need to close if they play, they lose so much in daylight 

This is a fallacy. They were excellent subbing the Pyramid at Glastonbury a few years ago and generally that was better received than their Other Stage headline set. Also they'd only play in the daylight at Reading and Leeds because they're never headlining it.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Courteeners headlining APE would sell even less than the rumoured 4,000 that BMTH managed. I could see Liam Gallagher doing an APE gig though if he decides to loads of festivals/outdoor gigs like he did in 2018.

The politics of the companies behind the festivals would almost certainly nix a APE/BST Liam Gallagher gig. He gets a lot of love from Live Nation and SJM so AEG won't get near.

Seems like he might actually be doing those big outdoor gigs again; he's talking up a Knebworth gig on Twitter and then there's opportunity for a big Manchester gig as well. Doesn't kill off R+L chances still, sadly.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The politics of the companies behind the festivals would almost certainly nix a APE/BST Liam Gallagher gig. He gets a lot of love from Live Nation and SJM so AEG won't get near.

Seems like he might actually be doing those big outdoor gigs again; he's talking up a Knebworth gig on Twitter and then there's opportunity for a big Manchester gig as well. Doesn't kill off R+L chances still, sadly.

If he does Heaton and Knebworth no way is he doing R&L as well? Pretty sure that Knebworth thing was a joke though I'd love it though i live about 20 minutes away.

-- -- 

I think something along these lines would be good if we're having a Gallagher:

Noel lineup ->

Kasabian - TDCC

Travis Scott - Noel Gallagher HFB

Killers - Billie Eillish

or with Liam ->

Liam Gallagher // Tame Impala - Vampire Weekend

Travis Scott - TDCC

Killers - Billie Eillish

Tame are a really good headliner to have swap with Liam as they have quite varied popularities, especially Tame. I think Tame could co headline as they are fairly recognised in hiphop too as they have collaborated with almost every major artist. Maybe for 2021 though lets see ?.

@eFestivals  heard anything yet while we endlessly speculate? Any definitely nots from the acts we talk about?

edit - wonderful wonderful was released in 2017 not sure Killers will even be around. Maybe RHCP or Blur to replace them. I think perhaps might have to be a few more years though for RHCP as they played pretty recently. Something like this with Blur would be great, not very realistic though maybe swap Kasabian for Strokes.

The Strokes - TDCC

Travis Scott - Noel Gallagher

Blur - Billie Eillish

Edited by gfa

Friday 

MS: TAME IMPALA/CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN, Wolf Alice, Idles, Pale Waves, Sam Fender, SlowThai, Ten Tonnes, The Mysterines R1: Brockhampton, Yungblud DS: Pete Tong LU: New Found Glory, State Champs FR: Rat Boy, Sports Team R1X: Example 

Saturday 

MS: SLIPKNOT, Bring Me The Horizon, Run The Jewels, Bullet For My Valentine, Neck Deep, Ghostemane, Frank Iero, Payale Royale, Employed To Serve R1: Mabel, Marina And The Diamonds DS: Hanah Wants Pit: Every Time I Die, Carpenter Brut, Venom Prison FR: Feeder, The S. L. F R1X: Denzel Curry 

Sunday 

STORMZY, Dua Lipa, The Streets, Gerry Cinnamon, Aitch, Circa Waves, Basement, Yonaka, Black Futures R1: Chase & Status, Frank Turner DS: Shy FX, Dave Rodigan Pit: Death Grips, Ho9909, Perbutrator FR: Drenge, Heavy Lungs R1X: Aitch (Two Sets) 

Secret Slot: The Vaccines

• Upvote 1

Alright I'm pretty sure Slipknot will not headline because they just don't appeal to a wide audience so in that case I will put 

Friday

MS: Travis Scott /Catfish & The Bottlemen // The Streets // Gerry Cinnamon

R1: Courteeners  // R1D: Odesza // TP: Bullet for my Valentine// FR: Vistas //R1xtra: Bakar 

Saturday: 

MS: Foals // Billie Eilish // Cage The Elephant 

R1: Milky Chance // R1D: Lauv // TP: Killswitch Engage // FR: Metronomy //R1xtra: Aitch 

Sunday :

MS: Tame Impala / Tyler the Creator // Vampire Weekend // Brockhampton 

R1: Skrillex // R1D: Oliver Heldans // LU: Cypress Hill //FR: La Femme// R1xtra: Kojey Radical 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t think Tame would accept a sub spot but the darkness thing is a bit of a myth.

I would say they would have to accept headlining a smaller festival then - Latitude would be perfect. As far as headline shows in the UK go, the sizes of the ones they’ve done make shouts of headlining Reading and/or Leeds look extremely premature.

42 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Alright I'm pretty sure Slipknot will not headline because they just don't appeal to a wide audience so in that case I will put 

Friday

MS: Travis Scott /Catfish & The Bottlemen // The Streets // Gerry Cinnamon

R1: Courteeners  // R1D: Odesza // TP: Bullet for my Valentine// FR: Vistas //R1xtra: Bakar 

Saturday: 

MS: Foals // Billie Eilish // Cage The Elephant 

R1: Milky Chance // R1D: Lauv // TP: Killswitch Engage // FR: Metronomy //R1xtra: Aitch 

Sunday :

MS: Tame Impala / Tyler the Creator // Vampire Weekend // Brockhampton 

R1: Skrillex // R1D: Oliver Heldans // LU: Cypress Hill //FR: La Femme// R1xtra: Kojey Radical 

That’d be the weakest set of headliners in modern history.