Lineup 2020

randlfan

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

As someone who thinks Kasabian are quite average, this new S.L.P. album has really impressed me. Would not be mad at all having them as a "guest opener" if we did get Kasabian headlining. Between this and Murph from Wombats' new project this is FAR superior.

This was a good shout by the way - I heard the singles but hearing the full alum really enjoyed it. Weird comparison with Wombats though they are a lot smaller and not very similar at all past their genre.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just feel praying for a BMTH into Slipknot top 2 on one day is being very optimistic. 

People probably would've said that about royal blood into 1975. I think slipknot would probably need a big sub with a similar fanbase if they were gonna headline given they're really not that big with the current demographic, so would probably be trying to pull people away from the normal download crowd. 

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Don Broco -> Nothing But Thieves -> BMTH -> Slipknot?

I think we've just had the best solution to a sub for Slipknot this year, in fact I think Slipknot could have fitted in fine in Foos place. Biffy Clyro if they weren't considered a headliner by even Reading now could do it and it would be a great move on the festivals part.

Architects to sub Slipknot. 

Any of these would do nicely: 

Slipknot / Bring Me The Horizon / Don Broco / Bullet For My Valentine / Neck Deep 

Slipknot / Architects / Don Broco / Bullet For My Valentine / Neck Deep 

Slipknot / Tyler, The Creator / Parkway Drive / Bullet For My Valentine / Neck Deep 

Bullet would be crap but after their secret set this year, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them make a main stage appearance. There’s no chance in hell they should be above 4th down. Bunch of chancers. 

I think that if they do book Slipknot, they cater the entire day to a more rock audience like they did with Foos this year. Get those day tickets flying out. 

On a side note, I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Babymetal are going to turn up on the main stage. 

Edited by Andre91

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

On a side note, I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Babymetal are going to turn up on the main stage. 

They do have a new album out soon and their UK tour finishing in Feb 20 does make look like they have plans to play fests next year. I reckon they will be at whatever fest Bring Me will be at since they have been buddy-buddy with each other.

36 minutes ago, jump said:

They do have a new album out soon and their UK tour finishing in Feb 20 does make look like they have plans to play fests next year. I reckon they will be at whatever fest Bring Me will be at since they have been buddy-buddy with each other.

They did Download year before last and have just done Glastonbury so I think R&L is on the list next. I think they’d have to be 4th down main, though. 

54 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Nobody has mentioned Kanye yet. Could be a strong possibility surely, Melvin has made it no secret before that he’s a fan and new album coming next month. 

Risky booking. He’d probably not turn up or just have a tantrum on stage if he did. Would go down an absolute treat if he brought his a game though 

5 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Nobody has mentioned Kanye yet. Could be a strong possibility surely, Melvin has made it no secret before that he’s a fan and new album coming next month. 

Literally spoke about Kanye on the previous page yesterday, not played in the UK since Glasto in 2015, hasn't done a proper tour since 2016, chances are slim to nil in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Slipknot would be a statement of intent, especially with a strong sub. Can see Tyler subbing ngl, then someone like Khalid(?) doing R1.

Meanwhile, BMTH would be something lacklustre. 

BMTH are not lacklustre, they headlined APE and absolutely smashed it. One of the best headline sets i’ve ever seen, went with my mate who’d never heard any BMTH and they loved it as well

7 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Would love to see 

Slipknot/ Bring Me The Horizon/ Run The Jewels/Bullet For My Valentine/ Neck Deep/Ghostemane/Babymetal/  Metz/ Blood Youth 

Pit headliner for the Slipknot day one of us these three Behemoth/Babymetal/Gorjira 

I would say all of those bands are far, far too big to headline the pit.

59 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Nah Papa Roach and Bowling for Soup are deffo bigger than Behemoth. Prob even give Gojira a run for their money, sadly 

I think the bigger issue is that Behemoth and Gojira aren’t coming near R&L. I’ve heard that Behemoth are headlining a certain metal festival in Derbyshire in August anyway. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

BMTH are not lacklustre, they headlined APE and absolutely smashed it. One of the best headline sets i’ve ever seen, went with my mate who’d never heard any BMTH and they loved it as well

They had to give out lots of discounted/free tix, plus it’s a day festival aimed at fans of BMTH - whereas I reckon Slipknot have that wider appeal/intrigue.