Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, ob123 said:

don’t know about anyone else, but last week I think the most popular band t shirts I saw (excluding bands already playing that weekend), was probably Nothing But Thieves. Seemed to be everywhere. Just kept me thinking how much they should be given a decent slot next year

third from top next year?

6 minutes ago, ob123 said:

don’t know about anyone else, but last week I think the most popular band t shirts I saw (excluding bands already playing that weekend), was probably Nothing But Thieves. Seemed to be everywhere. Just kept me thinking how much they should be given a decent slot next year

Quality band. They were great at Reading last year from the few songs I saw. Saw them on their own tour and at APE earlier this year too, very consistent. They did however say at both that they're taking a break for a while as they've been non-stop touring since Broken Machine, aswell as the recent EP too. I'd probably expect them to give next summer a miss for festivals thinking about it.

I fucking love The Strokes and I think Slipknot would be really cool too but I am just not sure I can see them at R&L. Any other festival it would be awesome but I just don't think it will happen. The Strokes are cool and all but not worth booking over most other similar acts for the UK crowd - Arctics, Killers etc would sell a lot more weekend tickets. We had Foo Fighters this year and obviously Slipknot is filling that days role but like Foo Fighters have so much more crossover and are a lot bigger. It could work but I think its quite risky and booking Killers on the rock day for example would be a lot better and then doing tame/catfish/foals for the Friday.

We've not seen any emo/edgy kinda act headline suggestions yet - not a ton of choice but last two years there have been 2/4 headliners in that kind of region (1975 not so much obviously but the frontman definitely is) Not sure who it would be honestly. I wonder if they will get a female headliner too not sure who it could be though to be honest, FATM is not very Reading although I guess Paramore could do it if they are about, i think they are on a break though? Really hope we see Vampire Weekend though ?

10 hours ago, Dukey said:

Yeah Slipknot tickets are flying out - I think they'd be a superb headliner.

Starting to feel Slipknot - The Strokes - Stormzy or Kanye would be an incredibly strong 3 headliners. 

The Strokes are not a headliner for R&L now, even on reunion they only co-headlined and they've produced nothing since. Already gone down the APE, I'd be surprised if it happened. Slipknot need to be booked next year if that's going to happen again while they've sold very well and got the album recognized. 

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Can't see Slipknot doing it if I'm honest, think that'll be it after the tour. 
Currently thinking it'll look something like this

Liam Gallagher - Stormzy/Billie Eilish - Blink-182/BMTH

If you mean BMTH subbing Blink then it's possible. I'm going for atm, Slipknot with BMTH subbing, Blink 182 with Billie Eilish subbing and Stormzy as a co-headliner with Liam.

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The Strokes are not a headliner for R&L now, even on reunion they only co-headlined and they've produced nothing since. Already gone down the APE, I'd be surprised if it happened. Slipknot need to be booked next year if that's going to happen again while they've sold very well and got the album recognized. 

If you mean BMTH subbing Blink then it's possible. I'm going for atm, Slipknot with BMTH subbing, Blink 182 with Billie Eilish subbing and Stormzy as a co-headliner with Liam.

Not sure, I think they can please both as Blinks stock has fallen due to Tom no longer being in the band and BMTH stock has also fallen so a co-headline could work and I think that’d make two fairly weak headliners into a strong final two acts. I just don’t see why they’d get Slipknot for R&L, really don’t see it as the demographic, not sure the heavy bands have a massive pull anymore as they don’t have the main stream appeal like Foos/Muse

8 hours ago, foolee said:

Not sure, I think they can please both as Blinks stock has fallen due to Tom no longer being in the band and BMTH stock has also fallen so a co-headline could work and I think that’d make two fairly weak headliners into a strong final two acts. I just don’t see why they’d get Slipknot for R&L, really don’t see it as the demographic, not sure the heavy bands have a massive pull anymore as they don’t have the main stream appeal like Foos/Muse

I get what you're saying, the likes of ADTR pulling a small crowd but Slipknot are obviously much bigger, it's just how many of those ticket buyers would go to Reading and can they currate a day for them. Tbh as well, I'm not even that far away from putting BMTH down in 3rd as I can't see what's keeping them as a sub.

Blink stock has fallen but they have the hits. You could probably change it to Blink/Stormzy co-headline and Billie under Liam. Stormzy having another UK no.1 I don't think means anything for this, that's like saying Lil Nas X, Lewis Capaldi and Shawn Mendes can headline....If people had to physically buy singles like they did years ago it would be different but it costs bugger all to download a song.

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

How can anyone even be considering Stormzy as a co-headliner the year after he headlined Glasto. If he’s at R&L, he’s a headline outright, that’s not even up for debate. 

Also since he could comfortably sell tickets for his own day.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH aren’t a third down band, come on now. They still sold out Ally Pally and a couple of arenas on their last tour. That APE show has some people talking crazy. They all sold poorly except The Strokes. 

Probably not, to be fair I did put them subbing below Slipknot. Doesn't matter if you sold out APE or not, it's not a huge outdoor 60k+ show is it?, C&TQ did it you were headlining 2nd stage at Park Life I believe and only headlined Other at Gasto due to certain reasons.

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

How can anyone even be considering Stormzy as a co-headliner the year after he headlined Glasto. If he’s at R&L, he’s a headline outright, that’s not even up for debate. 

Because if people don't think he did it well and pulled it off then why the need for those to automatically stick him in a slot they don't think he should be?, sorry but I'm not going to put an act that's done nothing really bar get a Glastonbury headline slot due to being a nice guy with good ethos on a weak headlining year on his own at the top. I literally might as well predict any act that can sell out a few nights at Brixton. I get it if people were saying Glastonbury has a strong set of headliners but not for me but a lot of the talk was about it being weak, I mean two of the 3 sub headliners can outsell 2 of the headliners at this time.....what does that tell you.

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH aren’t a third down band, come on now. They still sold out Ally Pally and a couple of arenas on their last tour. That APE show has some people talking crazy. They all sold poorly except The Strokes. 

If the Strokes sold out their day well in advance, without any new music, and co-headlined last time they played Reading and Leeds (and people are saying thats what they should do now or a weaker solo headline) - and then BMTH's sold awfully off the back of an album how does this make the case that BMTH should be a coheadliner. They played like 5th down other stage at glastonbury too.

Even if That's the Spirit did well, they aren't a band that has songs tons of people know like other recent headliners that were a bit iffy such as FOB. FOB get tons of airplay and even had songs on like Capital when they were released plus people who don't care for the music as much 9 times out of 10 will have heard of FOB over BMTH. Maybe they could do that big writing thing that Panic did but I think its sub slot for now. I think if they were a landfill indie band the same size they could maybe do co-head but they are a bit niche for a lot of the audience I think it would be fair to say.

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I get what you're saying, the likes of ADTR pulling a small crowd but Slipknot are obviously much bigger, it's just how many of those ticket buyers would go to Reading and can they currate a day for them. Tbh as well, I'm not even that far away from putting BMTH down in 3rd as I can't see what's keeping them as a sub.

Blink stock has fallen but they have the hits. You could probably change it to Blink/Stormzy co-headline and Billie under Liam. Stormzy having another UK no.1 I don't think means anything for this, that's like saying Lil Nas X, Lewis Capaldi and Shawn Mendes can headline....If people had to physically buy singles like they did years ago it would be different but it costs bugger all to download a song.

BMTH are in no way a 3rd Down band come on, like them or loathe them they are still huge just look at the out door show they did earlier in London this Summer.

Even at most of the foreign festivals they have done this summer they have been pretty high up the line up so I imagine at Leeds they will be at least co headliner. As I said in an earlier post I got info at Leeds Fest this year that they are headlining next year. Along with them im gonna for Greenday, Billie Eilish/Liam Gallagher co headline. Would love Slipknot but dont think its gonna happen. 

3 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

How about Weezer 2nd or 3rd on a Slipknot day?

That would work 3rd down very well, if I had a rockier day like the Foos day this year for example or last year's Kendrick day with Pendulum, Sum 41 etc I would be thinking Weezer are an expensive band to see here now and it's a rarity. It'd would at least if they booked it right make me think about getting to day tickets and some cheap accommodation in the area close enough for it.

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

If Slipknot headline, I could see BMTH subbing/co-headlining on a different day, to shift more weekend tickets (kinda like Foos and Royal Blood this year, who would've fit nicely together on the same day)

Would people really play an extra £140 for a full weekend ticket?, maybe that's just me but RB are literally the only band that were on that day that I'd have made an effort for and I'm not bothered that I didn't see them. I think BMTH on the same day would work...I reckon there is other acts on different days that you could crossover that would entice people to pay that more R&L crowd.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

If the Strokes sold out their day well in advance, without any new music, and co-headlined last time they played Reading and Leeds (and people are saying thats what they should do now or a weaker solo headline) - and then BMTH's sold awfully off the back of an album how does this make the case that BMTH should be a coheadliner. They played like 5th down other stage at glastonbury too.

Even if That's the Spirit did well, they aren't a band that has songs tons of people know like other recent headliners that were a bit iffy such as FOB. FOB get tons of airplay and even had songs on like Capital when they were released plus people who don't care for the music as much 9 times out of 10 will have heard of FOB over BMTH. Maybe they could do that big writing thing that Panic did but I think its sub slot for now. I think if they were a landfill indie band the same size they could maybe do co-head but they are a bit niche for a lot of the audience I think it would be fair to say.

That's a good point actually, they didn't even get a JP headliner set for example which would have been equivalent to playing 3rd down like the recent time, they got very similar to what Frank Turner would have got and Enter Shikari.

7 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Deffo and I can see the likes of AJ Tracey, slowthai, Dave, Skepta all potentially featuring on the main stage (maybe not all in one day)