Lineup 2020

randlfan

To be honest Slipknot would be a very welcome booking. Fall Out Boy last year aside (for all the wrong reasons) when was the last time the festival booked a headliner which made people think "I wouldn't have expected them to headline Reading and Leeds"? The Cure in 2012?

5 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Sounds strange to say it but Reading seems to be moving in a direction where Slipknot wouldn't be booked anymore.

See your point but there was plenty of Slipknot posters around the arena as well as people in Slipknot shirts. I don’t really like their music at all but think they’d still be a superbly good booking. However the reaction to it on social media etc would be very funny to see. 

Edited by ob123

I really like Slipknot, but I agree with Corey Taylor, they don't want to share a lineup with the Foo Fighters anymore because they don't appeal to the same audience anymore. I know plenty of fans like both but Reading suits the Foo Fighters but not sure Slipknot do anymore.

Edited by robillustrates

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve gone every year since 2010. 

Stormzy is 100% a headliner after Glastonbury. 

What a year to debut!

Don't buy, not on the year of an all round fairly weak set of Glastonbury headliners.

9 minutes ago, VCK said:

To be honest Slipknot would be a very welcome booking. Fall Out Boy last year aside (for all the wrong reasons) when was the last time the festival booked a headliner which made people think "I wouldn't have expected them to headline Reading and Leeds"? The Cure in 2012?

I'd agree they would be.

I just can’t see Slipknot doing it with Readings present audience. It would work if it happened but the booking policy has changed drastically since I went to the festival.... and Slipknot never headlined even then.

Slipknot have never headlined R&L, so why would it happen now? I know they have had a successful new album release but why ask them now and not years and years ago?

After this weekend, definitely think that some of these lot will be in 2020

- Vampire Weekend/TDCC - providing that essential indie boost

- Loyle Carner/ ASAP Rocky - the essential rap element 

- Strokes/ Slipknot - legacy rock bands 

- Fontaines/ IDLES - ensuring they keep up the mark on the punk

- Sam Fender / Lewis Capaldi - like Billie Eilish, will simply be bigger and bigger.

And expect a couple of surprises - perhaps the likes of Elbow (??) third down? - new music is sounding much more rejuvenated - or even a legacy dance/rap act like New Order, Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Wu Tang Clan. 

17 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

After this weekend, definitely think that some of these lot will be in 2020

- Vampire Weekend/TDCC - providing that essential indie boost

- Loyle Carner/ ASAP Rocky - the essential rap element 

- Strokes/ Slipknot - legacy rock bands 

- Fontaines/ IDLES - ensuring they keep up the mark on the punk

- Sam Fender / Lewis Capaldi - like Billie Eilish, will simply be bigger and bigger.

And expect a couple of surprises - perhaps the likes of Elbow (??) third down? - new music is sounding much more rejuvenated - or even a legacy dance/rap act like New Order, Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Wu Tang Clan. 

Also the vaccines are apparently coming back with new music 

And the Don broco singer confirmed they'll be there

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely would imo.

Blink 182

Billie Eilish / Travis Scott (co)

The Killers

would work as a trio.

You see I think Blink have lost stock and headlining Leeds to the current crowd with a outright set wouldn't be the smartest thing to do and I think they would accept co-headline. To sell the day I reckon another band like BMTH would go well with them and that feels acceptable since I don't think that any of them would headline outright. After The Strokes sold out an APE day and have new music coming, presumably next year I could see them doing the festival rounds next year and due to the demand for them would not be surprised seeing FR book them.  I completely agree with the opinions of Billie Eilish, while the Irons hot it makes so much sense for her to be booked next year and assist with female representation. I reckon Billie could get even bigger next year and I don't see her co headlining since she is so big, she could definitely sell a day based on the crowd she pulled this year and maybe with a stronger sub, it would do very well. Different but I would love to see this:

Blink 182 / Bring Me the Horizon

The Strokes

Billie Eilish

Just now, theesundayroast said:

Think we'll get the below headliners

BMTH - possibly co with someone such as Royal Blood/ QOTSA 

Stormzy - Need the classic Saturday rap act and after Glastonbury a R&L set seems likely

The Killers - Seem to be going with that slightly more classic act on Sundays recently (KOL, Foo's)

this would be quality

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

this would be quality

I feel it's likely just due to the fact that none of them will be contracted to a larger festival already. The Killers and Stormzy have no chance of Glastonbury 2 years in a row and so if they want to play a UK festival R&L makes the most sense due to their respective sizes.

Also would be a solid set of headliners imo.

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I feel it's likely just due to the fact that none of them will be contracted to a larger festival already. The Killers and Stormzy have no chance of Glastonbury 2 years in a row and so if they want to play a UK festival R&L makes the most sense due to their respective sizes.

Also would be a solid set of headliners imo.

Would be very solid but is this trio not way too similar to Glasto 2019?

I reckon QOTSA could headline the Sunday instead of the Killers and then Stormzy and BMTH/Billie as the final 2

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely would imo.

Blink 182

Billie Eilish / Travis Scott (co)

The Killers

would work as a trio.

Can't see Billie elish maybe wait till next ablum. You will be disappointed she isn't annconed 

They will need a big rock act- Mumford and sons

Rap artist- stormzy

And a co headliner - foals/Liam Gallagher

It’d be daft for them to not get The Strokes. A great legacy indie band that everyone knows and loves and they were the only headliner to sell out APE. Yes there were sound issues but that’s APE’s fault.

if reading and Leeds get them, and make sure the sound is spot on (which main stage usually is for me) it’d be their best booking in recent years.

i also wouldn’t be surprised to see Tame Impala headlining or possible co-headline with Foals/Vampire Weekend. The Killers would be fantastic too - definitely proved everyone at Glastonbury wrong. I think Billie would sub rather than co-headline though they might bill it as such. Not sure who she’d share that platform with, but BMTH would be a great option.

also, they need to get IDLES, The Cribs and  Alvvays back