Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Saw quite a lot of Slipknot shirts around, didn't really think they'd have many fans among the current Reading audience so that was a pleasant surprise. Definitely could be headline candidate for next year...

I can't remember seeing any Slipknot tops if I'm honest. The amount of parents with younger kids this year though taking them to see bands was different level.

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Personally, I feel Liam is the most likely of all headliners. I can’t see any reason for them to not have him, he’s massively popular with the current “dark fruits” demographic and he’s pretty much sold out his whole arena tour. I don’t want him just because of the crowd he attracts (no disrespect to anyone, I don’t mind his music I just don’t like the typical fans who try and mosh to every band and just act like general dickheads all day)

I do too personally although there is going to be a time when he's had his moment and I think he knows that. Myself, I've seen him do LCCC and Glasto and now I'm not bothered.

13 minutes ago, VCK said:

They do owe R&L after 2008. Could they headline R&L outright like they have been at Download? Maybe a co-headline slot with someone like BMTH.

Or Tool. :ph34r: 

I don't know how anyone can suggest BMTH co-headline with Slipknot, they can barely sub at the current time.

1 hour ago, Traher666 said:

No one is subbing Slipknot, if they're playing, they're headlining outright.

That sentence makes no sense.

I definitely heard a few Slipknot songs played between bands at Reading, would not be shocked if they headlined it since they've already done Download. Arena tour early next year definitely has me thinking it's happening, it's pretty much the exact same time 1975 did theirs this year. And on the back of a Number One album I think it would be a great booking.

Slipknot / Stormzy / Green Day

I reckon they save Eilish for 2021 on a new album.

39 minutes ago, Jericode said:

That sentence makes no sense.

I definitely heard a few Slipknot songs played between bands at Reading, would not be shocked if they headlined it since they've already done Download. Arena tour early next year definitely has me thinking it's happening, it's pretty much the exact same time 1975 did theirs this year. And on the back of a Number One album I think it would be a great booking.

Slipknot / Stormzy / Green Day

We know what he means lol.

If Reading are ever going to put Slipknot back on the top then off of a number 1 album is the best place to start as its very rare for a metal band to have that.....especially in this day and age where people actually need to make a point buying/downloading etc.

I don't see it being Green Day, there are more hip hop and rap options out there that will sell quickly also that will connect with what they will put on the undergrad more so.

I still stand by Stormzy being a ridiculous booking to headline, I've nothing generally against the bloke but he's got one bloody album, no 2nd one announced, no single for it as far as I know, no major tours even. I'm just saying like, bar coming across humble and wanting to make a difference...obviously talking about his background etc, what has he done?

Stormzy had another new single out, what, two months ago? Which would probably be the second for a new album if you count Vossi Bop but there's no guarantee either would be on it. I absolutely think he'll announce an album for 2020 before the end of the year, people thought Glastonbury booked him to headline too early and he smashed it, don't see how booking him to headline R&L on album two would be out of the question.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If Reading are ever going to put Slipknot back on the top then off of a number 1 album is the best place to start as its very rare for a metal band to have that.....especially in this day and age where people actually need to make a point buying/downloading etc.

I don't see it being Green Day, there are more hip hop and rap options out there that will sell quickly also that will connect with what they will put on the undergrad more so.

I still stand by Stormzy being a ridiculous booking to headline, I've nothing generally against the bloke but he's got one bloody album, no 2nd one announced, no single for it as far as I know, no major tours even. I'm just saying like, bar coming across humble and wanting to make a difference...obviously talking about his background etc, what has he done?

He headlined Glasto and, in a lot of people's eyes, absolutely smashed it. That's worth something. He's definitely worth considering to headline, although he wouldn't necessarily be my first choice.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

I reckon she's back next year, it seems a no-brainer for both parties.  And if she does come back she'll be headlining outright.  See this as similar to Post Malone, after his big crowd last year they struck while the iron was hot and got him back the following year cos it was the right thing for both parties.  As well as being a ticket shifter there would be a lot of kudos for the festival in booking its youngest ever headliner and a solo female headliner.  It just seems to add up - in fact the only thing I see stopping it is if she (or more accurately her management) prices herself out of it.

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Stormzy will drop a new album out of nowhere before the end of the year I reckon. He alluded to it on I wanna say Graham Norton a few months back.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Stormzy had another new single out, what, two months ago? Which would probably be the second for a new album if you count Vossi Bop but there's no guarantee either would be on it. I absolutely think he'll announce an album for 2020 before the end of the year, people thought Glastonbury booked him to headline too early and he smashed it, don't see how booking him to headline R&L on album two would be out of the question.

I wouldn't even know that was a single not on his album. I thought it was too early, I still think it was too early. As I say, nothing against him personally but I kind of wanted to watch it back at home and think shit I should have checked it out. It's definitely one of the poorest headline bookings I've known Glastonbury to make, just for the record too....I was a fan of Ed Sheehan, thought it was a great booking but on the night I thought him subbing and Biffy Clyro having the longer set would have been a better night.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Post Malone pulled the biggest headliner crowd I’ve ever seen at Leeds and I’m certain that Stormzy would match it if he was booked. That’s why he should headline. 

Nothing to suggest it’s happening but is there any stock Stormzy might try and do his own show? I definitely think it’s possible - although it might be seen as in direct competition with Wireless so would probably have to be at a different time in the summer.

Especially with a new album I reckon Stormzy could pull off a big gig.

EDIT: Merkyfest?

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Post Malone pulled the biggest headliner crowd I’ve ever seen at Leeds and I’m certain that Stormzy would match it if he was booked. That’s why he should headline. 

It's all about pre 2011 for biggest headline sized crowds, Leeds used to sell out every year.

42 minutes ago, VCK said:

Not a fan of Stormzy but it's beyond question now if he's headline sized or not.

We'll agree to disagree.

58 minutes ago, jj200 said:

There is no way two door cinema club are headline the radio 1 stage. I reckon they will sub. I think nothing but thives are radio 1 stage headliners.

Not sure what people see in Two Door to think they’re worthy of a big slot. I like them but their UK arena tour is hardly selling well and their latest album was average at best. 

Edited by ob123