Lineup 2020

randlfan

5 hours ago, robillustrates said:

I wouldn't say out of the question but they did headline Reading fairly recently in 2017. They might be more interested in other festivals, returning to Glastonbury or doing a big Stadium/outdoor show instead.

They could do trnsmt as they didn't do Scotland on this tour. They played Glastonbury in 2016.

4 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Billie Eilish’s crowd yesterday was massive. I know there was no real clashes but that was mental. I’ll be very surprised if they don’t bring her back to co-headline in 2020 

Impressive especially as it was the hottest part of the day and if the act playing isn't must see a good portion would dip out for shade, tents and other things.

18 hours ago, robillustrates said:

If Foals aren't headlining Glastonbury and it ends up with someone like the 1975 instead, I would bet they end up headlining Reading and Leeds.

Foals, Queens of the Stone Age and Stormzy?

To fit the newer balance of the festival.

Tame Impala are a good shout as well.

Also that BMTH didn't headline on this year of the album cycle, might make 2020 less likely for them though.

That trio would sell shite

4 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Billie Eilish’s crowd yesterday was massive. I know there was no real clashes but that was mental. I’ll be very surprised if they don’t bring her back to co-headline in 2020 

I was going to say, I'm not a fan really but it's not majorly my age base but i can easily see her being booked again in the same vein as Post was, it's another easy ticket seller and she'll accept a sub slot no problem. I think Glastonbury may rebook her too if she's around then, could see her subbing Other/doing 3rd on Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually think Catfish will sub and not headline, not sure they are quite there. I also think they'll play Glastonbury, they seem to be a popular booking and probably only played 3rd down.

My thoughts with catfish are if they managed to secure Billie, Travis and the Killers the fest is pretty certain to sell out - so they may be more open to taking a chance on catfish.

Edited by Matt42

Friday

MAIN: Catfish & the Bottlemen, HAIM, Bombay Bicycle Club, 

NME: Lizzo

Saturday

MAIN: Billie Eilish (co), Travis Scott (co), Two Door Cinema Club, Idles

NME: BROCKHAMPTON

Sunday

MAIN: The Killers, Tyler the Creator, Greta Van Fleet

NME: Loyle Carner

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

MAIN: Catfish & the Bottlemen, HAIM, Bombay Bicycle Club, 

NME: Lizzo

Saturday

MAIN: Billie Eilish (co), Travis Scott (co), Two Door Cinema Club, Idles

NME: BROCKHAMPTON

Sunday

MAIN: The Killers, Tyler the Creator, Greta Van Fleet

NME: Loyle Carner

I think foals and courteeners are more likely to be there next year rather than Travis Scott and blllie Elish

7 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Why are so many people predicting Travis Scott? He only co-headlined last year so why would they rush him back again? I hope it’s not him personally. 

He didn’t coheadline, he subbed. Also Melvin seems to absolutely love him so I’m sure he’ll be booked to (co)headline as soon as he’s got a new album out. He’d pair well with Billie, which is probs why so many are predicting it.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

He didn’t coheadline, he subbed. Also Melvin seems to absolutely love him so I’m sure he’ll be booked to (co)headline as soon as he’s got a new album out. He’d pair well with Billie, which is probs why so many are predicting it.

He Coheadlined with FOB didn’t he?. I tried to look online but I couldn’t find anything that says either way but the same font size to me says Co-headliner...

843F5D14-8692-446D-A557-5107E928DE82.jpeg

5 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not good at predictions but I’ll just go with the headliners. 

Stormzy

Liam Gallagher / Billie Eilish

Green Day 

Maybe swap out Billie for BMTH if Billie subs

I still think Liam is a shout and Billie under him actually works, I think you'd guarantee a sell out. Works more than subbing Stormzy for me, he needs someone very similar if he does it under him and I don't think she's it....I do think although I'm not a huge fan that she is 100% better to watch too.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I still think Liam is a shout and Billie under him actually works, I think you'd guarantee a sell out. Works more than subbing Stormzy for me, he needs someone very similar if he does it under him and I don't think she's it....I do think although I'm not a huge fan that she is 100% better to watch too.

Personally, I feel Liam is the most likely of all headliners. I can’t see any reason for them to not have him, he’s massively popular with the current “dark fruits” demographic and he’s pretty much sold out his whole arena tour. I don’t want him just because of the crowd he attracts (no disrespect to anyone, I don’t mind his music I just don’t like the typical fans who try and mosh to every band and just act like general dickheads all day)

2 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Saw quite a lot of Slipknot shirts around, didn't really think they'd have many fans among the current Reading audience so that was a pleasant surprise. Definitely could be headline candidate for next year...

They do owe R&L after 2008. Could they headline R&L outright like they have been at Download? Maybe a co-headline slot with someone like BMTH.

Or Tool. :ph34r: 

Edited by VCK