Lineup 2020

randlfan

If download do get Green Day, the pool of "Sunday rock headliners" looks quite small unless QOTSA or something make a comeback next summer. However, we are assuming that Green Day are even coming back themselves in 2020.

If they're out of choices it would be awesome to take a risk on Slipknot with BMTH subbing, The Strokes or something rather than do another KOL type booking (at the end of a huge touring cycle where they've played god knows how many UK festivals) like The Killers.

Would say there are 3 pop-punk bands that could all headline Download next year (Blink, Green Day, ADTR) which is kinda crazy though I doubt they'd get more than 1 of them.

Edit: On BMTH, I could see them headlining Slam Dunk and maybe a few of the smaller festivals like Y Not, Truck etc. if they're willing to take a risk from the usual indie headliners 

Edited by R Shah

Not 100% settled yet but probably going for something like this:

IDKHow > Twin Atlantic > Patent Pending > Dream State or the FR Secret Set > YMAS > Wombats > Royal Blood > 1975

Queen Zee > Against The Current > The Hunna > get pissed for three hours > Larkins > Night Riots > 21Pilots

Milk Teeth > Yungblud > The Faim > Enter Shikari > The Story So Far > Pit Secret Set > Frank Carter > ADTR > Foos > Last ten minutes of Bastille if I can be bothered

4pm looks like my designated food break every day.

Main: SLIPKNOT / BRING ME THE HORIZON / Run The Jewels / Parkway Drive
BBC: Giggs / Sigrid
Dance: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
Lock Up: Feeder
Festival Republic: The Hives
BBC 1xtra: Lil Skies
________
Main: THE STROKES / FOALS / Billie Eilish / Clean Bandit
BBC: Don Broco / Metronomy
Dance: Steve Aoki
The Pit: Skindred
Festival Republic: White Lies
BBC 1xtra: Brockhampton
_________
Main: GUNS N'ROSES / Tyler, The Creator / Wolf Alice / IDLES
BBC: Two Door Cinema Club / Bombay Bicycle Club
Dance: Carpenter Brut
The Pit: Good Charlotte
Festival Republic: The Mars Volta
BBC 1xtra: Yonaka

Edited by gabrielomachado

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Main: SLIPKNOT / BRING ME THE HORIZON / Run The Jewels / Parkway Drive
BBC: Giggs / Sigrid
Dance: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
Lock Up: Feeder
Festival Republic: The Hives
BBC 1xtra: Lil Skies
________
Main: THE STROKES / FOALS / Billie Eilish / Clean Bandit
BBC: Don Broco / Metronomy
Dance: Steve Aoki
The Pit: Skindred
Festival Republic: White Lies
BBC 1xtra: Brockhampton
_________
Main: GUNS N'ROSES / Tyler, The Creator / Wolf Alice / IDLES
BBC: Two Door Cinema Club / Bombay Bicycle Club
Dance: Carpenter Brut
The Pit: Good Charlotte
Festival Republic: The Mars Volta
BBC 1xtra: Yonaka

That looks but I think there's going to be a hip hop headliner next year 

Main: Kasabian, Catfish & The Bottlemen, The Streets, Kaiser Cheifs, Gerry Cinnamon, R1: Run The Jewels DS: Patrick Topping LU: (I Think the stage will be closed but if not) New Found Glory FR: Gerry Cinnamon (Two Sets) R1X: Example

Main: Kayne West, Chase & Status, Tyler, The Creator, Logic R1: Idles DS: Shy FX Pit: Against Me! FR: Feeder R1X: Death Grips

Main: Slipknot, BMTH, Pendulum, Parkway Drive, Denzel Curry R1: Rudimental DS: Ben UFO Pit: Carpenter Brut FR: Rat boy R1X: Hodgy Beats

Edited by Alex Winstone

1 minute ago, Alex Winstone said:

Main: Kasabian, Catfish & The Bottlemen, The Streets, Kaiser Cheifs, Gerry Cinnamon, R1: Run The Jewels DS: Patrick Topping LU: (I Think the stage will be closed but if not) New Found Glory FR: Gerry Cinnamon (Two Sets) R1X: Example

Main: Kayne West, Chase & Status, Tyler, The Creator, Logic R1: Idles DS: Shy FX Pit: Against Me! FR: Feeder R1X: Death Grips

Main: Slipknot, BMTH, Pendulum, Parkway Drive, Denzel Curry R1: Rudimental DS: Ben UFO Pit: Carpenter Brut FR: Rat boy R1X: Hodgy Beats

Would fucking love this. Very unlikely though. 

Hayley Williams has announced that Paramore are on hiatus and doesn’t see a future for the band. Nothing really shocking there but I guess they can be ruled out for 2020.

On the other hand, it’s a shame how many class bands are likely to be touring in 2020 and Reading probably won’t book them.

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hayley Williams has announced that Paramore are on hiatus and doesn’t see a future for the band. 

No she hasn’t. You’ve massively spun what she has said.

She said that her and the guys in Paramore are really enjoying hanging out and being normal people outside of the band and that she doesn’t know what the future holds or what their next step will be. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

No she hasn’t. You’ve massively spun what she has said.

She said that her and the guys in Paramore are really enjoying hanging out and being normal people outside of the band and that she doesn’t know what the future holds or what their next step will be. 

I prefer Matts version, haha.

10 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Seriously tho, not a single UK festival show on that album cycle :negative:.

To be fair though on the whole the album was very poor, their worst by quite a margin and it's flattened them. I was a huge fan, but I don't think I bothered with their last tour here because the setlist just wasn't what I want for what I'm paying. I've always said if they made another BNE thwy would be fine but there is obviously more unsettling things that went on behind closed doors.

• Downvote 2

Yeah, I’m still not a fan of After Laughter either. I’ve tried so hard to like it but I just don’t. They were so, so good at making rock music I wish they’d go back to it. I’m not saying they aren’t good at making pop music, I just think they’re better at making rock. I don’t want them to bring out BNE Part 2 because I don’t think bands should do that, I’d just like to see them add more rock elements back in. They’re still big ticket shifters regardless. 

FRIDAY 

Main: Bring Me The Horizon + Catfish and the Bottlemen / ASAP Rocky / Don Broco / Denzel Curry / Rat Boy / The Mysterines / Special Guest Openers Slaves

R1: Rudimental / Jorja Smith / Fontaines D.C. / Neck Deep / DMA's / The Magic Gang / The Sherlocks / Scarlxrd / Yonaka / APRE / July Talk

The Pit: Killswitch Engage

SATURDAY 

Main: Foals / Tame Impala / Wolf Alice Brockhampton / Sam Fender / Mabel / Tom Grennan / While She Sleeps / The Pretty Reckless / Dinosaur Pile-Up

R1: Run The Jewels / Giggs / Parkway Drive / Beartooth / Lil Yachty / The Hives / Trash Boat / 

The Pit: Sleeping With Sirens 

SUNDAY 

Main: Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Idles / Nothing But Thieves / Loyle Carner / Gerry Cinnamon / NOFX / Not3s / Walk The Moon 

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club / Architects / Vince Staples / The Hunna / Sea Girls / Fidlar / Love Fame Tragedy 

The Pit: Fever 333