Lineup 2020

randlfan

10 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Inb4 we all settle on some combination of The Strokes, Slipknot, Foals, Stormzy and then get two hugely disappointing headliners thrown on us out of nowhere the night before the announcement.

I'm still bitter over everyone settling on Foos, Kendrick and AM and we got Fall Out Boy, KOL and Panic! with the silver lining of Kendrick (for an hour, if that).

If they booked Foos or AM instead of Fall Out Boy (I don't think I'll ever get my head around their decision to bump them up to headliners) that would have been a very solid trio of headliners.

18 minutes ago, VCK said:

Slipknot to co-headline with Tool?

Not a chance of Tool showing up. Unless this is a meme that's gone over my head - Neutral Milk Hotel on Radio 1?

If Slipknot do play I see it being a once and done, so I hope they get the full 100 minute set they're currently touring with all bells and whistles rather than the 75 minutes co-headliners usually get. 

Couple of names I think have got to be considered: Guns N' Roses. Obviously contingent on their seemingly never-ending tour carrying on till next year, but they'd be a monstrous booking and their last UK shows were supposedly much improved. LN have the cash obviously.

Rumblings of new RHCP material has been circling since last year - nothing has surfaced yet but in 12 months time there could well be a new album on the horizon/released. Another big draw, and unlikely that their 'questionable' prior sets would be a factor. 

25 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Not a chance of Tool showing up. Unless this is a meme that's gone over my head - Neutral Milk Hotel on Radio 1?

If Slipknot do play I see it being a once and done, so I hope they get the full 100 minute set they're currently touring with all bells and whistles rather than the 75 minutes co-headliners usually get. 

Couple of names I think have got to be considered: Guns N' Roses. Obviously contingent on their seemingly never-ending tour carrying on till next year, but they'd be a monstrous booking and their last UK shows were supposedly much improved. LN have the cash obviously.

Rumblings of new RHCP material has been circling since last year - nothing has surfaced yet but in 12 months time there could well be a new album on the horizon/released. Another big draw, and unlikely that their 'questionable' prior sets would be a factor. 

Half meme, half wishful thinking. Their set at Download was just insane and I'd love to experience it again. Wouldn't surprise me if they disappeared for over a decade once this new album is out though, it'd be very much in their nature to do such a thing.

I was actually thinking GNR. I'm sure ten years is enough time for Festival Republic to forgive Axl for all the fuckery he pulled in 2010 and apparently he's been turning up on time now. They've been playing three and a half hour sets too.

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Kyle who has just collected his GCSE’s with the bucket hat and cross-body bag full of ket doesn’t deserve Tool. 

With the recent Spotify thing and them knocking Drake off the top spot on the iTunes charts, you never know, they might be turning the heads of normies.

Slipknot will happen soon. Next year seems like the prime year for them but even if that doesn't come to fruition, they're such a high-profile band now and they aren't declining in popularity in the near future and it'll happen eventually. I'm really anything but a fan so I've no need to convince myself of it, that shit's just gotta happen.

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Slipknot will happen soon. Next year seems like the prime year for them but even if that doesn't come to fruition, they're such a high-profile band now and they aren't declining in popularity in the near future and it'll happen eventually. I'm really anything but a fan so I've no need to convince myself of it, that shit's just gotta happen.

I agree for sure and I think that next year looks like as good a time as any for it to happen. Their profile is massive right now because of the new album and it’s not as if they aren’t mainstream anyway; everybody knows who Slipknot are and anybody who goes to R&L who likes rock/metal music will know several of their songs. I think they’d go down just fine. 

Edited by Andre91

9 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Slipknot, Drake, Foals

Subs: Billie Eilish, Two Door Cinema Club, Cardi B

Third Down: Kaiser Chiefs, Tyler the Creator, Gerry Cinnamon

R1: Marshmallo, Bombay Bicycle Club, Skepta

Would be 3 very good headliners from what's available next year - do think Foals would smash a full set, think they might end up at Glasto though