Lineup 2020

randlfan

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Headlining talk is premature but I can definitely see them being a logo band next time they play. Third down main stage would make sense on their next album. 

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

I’m completely indifferent to them. They’re just so inoffensive that I don’t feel strongly about them either way. I’ve seen them live twice and they’re fine, I guess. They get a tonne of airplay on Radio 1 which is great for them. I can’t see them ever being in a position to headline, though. 

Edited by Andre91

13 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Id say both albums are patchy at best.  A couple of good songs, a whole load of filler. They need 2-3 properly excellent songs to make the step up

20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Stormzy, Green Day, The Strokes. What we saying.

I agree with Stormzy, i’m pretty confident he’ll top the bill next year too but i can’t see them booking Green Day and The Strokes in the same year neither of them are really relevant anymore, i’m just hoping they book an act that’s actually doing something at the moment. I would hope for:

Stormzy / Foals / The Strokes

but if they’re going to book one heritage rock act i can see it being Green Day more than i can see it being The Strokes

15 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

but i can’t see them booking Green Day and The Strokes in the same year neither of them are really relevant anymore

They booked FOB and KOL in 2018.

18 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

i’m just hoping they book an act that’s actually doing something at the moment.

Surely Stormzy covers that base?

16 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Stormzy / Foals / The Strokes

Doubt they'd have two indie headliners. It'd be one or the other imo, so yeah Stormzy, Green Day and Foals could work too.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

He’s too low, if anything. Don’t think he’ll be booked FWIW.

The only way I can see him being booked is as a special guest maybe? Similar kinda slot to Post Malone and Billie Eilish last couple of years, afternoon slot even though hes probably as big as/bigger than most subs they get.

Thoughts on Cardi B subbing next year?

I know there's an argument that she'd take no less than a (co)headline, but it's not like the leading singles from her next LP are propelling her to a new level or anything. Maybe she won't want to do any festivals next year to promote her new album, but if she does then a sub slot at R&L will probably be the biggest/highest paying gig she could get in the UK.

Based on previous years the pattern for headliners/co-headliners seems to be:

•one rap (Kendrick/Posty/Eminem)

•one modern alt rock pop indie (Kasabian/Panic/1975)

• one classic rock/2000s pop (KOL, Muse, Foo fighters)

So by following that I’d imagine 2020 to be:

•Wolf Alice co headline with FOALS

•Green Day or Kasabian

•Kids See Ghosts, A$AP Rocky, BBK or Travis Scott 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Thoughts on Cardi B subbing next year?

Possible but I think she’s branded herself as an unreliable booking very quickly in her career. She cancels an awful lot of shows, especially international ones.

After headlining Wireless she ain’t playing below a sub.

Inb4 we all settle on some combination of The Strokes, Slipknot, Foals, Stormzy and then get two hugely disappointing headliners thrown on us out of nowhere the night before the announcement.

I'm still bitter over everyone settling on Foos, Kendrick and AM and we got Fall Out Boy, KOL and Panic! with the silver lining of Kendrick (for an hour, if that).