Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Was Colouring Book ‘very good’ thoooooo? I think it’s barely better than this one.

I feel like people generally weren’t too down on TBD until Melon tore it a new one and now it’s on a bonfire.

Yeah to be fair Coloring Book is average, it's definitely grown on me a lot but you're right yeah. I do think it's miles better than TBD though.

There were definitely a lot of people already slating it, including me, but melon certainly added to it as his reviews always do. Don't get me wrong there's one or two tracks I quite like but when it's a 22 track album and the rest are barely mediocre it's not good. Personal opinion of course, but seems pretty widespread.

39 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah to be fair Coloring Book is average, it's definitely grown on me a lot but you're right yeah. I do think it's miles better than TBD though.

There were definitely a lot of people already slating it, including me, but melon certainly added to it as his reviews always do. Don't get me wrong there's one or two tracks I quite like but when it's a 22 track album and the rest are barely mediocre it's not good. Personal opinion of course, but seems pretty widespread.

Yeah I’m not riding for it - it’s not a good album - but it’s just I heard a trickle of mixed reactions about it for a few days until suddenly everyone hates it and feverishly sharing how much they hate it. Hard not to think it a bit sus.

Edited by dentalplan

TOOL releasing their discography on spotify has made up for the shit show that is The Big Day - who makes a song lists every kinda "side chicks" that doesnt amount to their wife, that shit sounds like his wife forced him to write it. I get the sentiment, but its like you wouldn't find a song about turning up to work on time interesting either, but you still do. 'Let's Go On The Run' sounds straight out a musical 

Edited by jamieaslee

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Just seen on inforoo that Billie Eilish is headlining Lolla South America so she is touring in 2020 it seems.

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

10 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Kings of Leon also headlined Lollapalooza 2019

On 8/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, TKOCF said:

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

Personally I'd love them and Glastonbury 2009 remains one of my all time favourite live performances, but R&L have had chances in the past to get them and haven't booked them so maybe the promoters don't really see them as a "Reading and Leeds band" any more. Which would be a shame as they'd have enough songs that would go down well with the crowd. See also: The Stone Roses (who I still can't believe they didn't go for in 2016)

21 hours ago, stanh said:

probably wrong type of audience, but chances of lana del rey?

As someone who has been to Reading over 20 times, I have to say I couldn’t name one of her songs, so I’m guessing her headlining won’t really appeal to the youth or the oldies who go