Lineup 2020

randlfan

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I mean Arctic Monkeys released an album last year and have done nothing for the whole of 2019. They sat out the entire festival circuit and didn’t really tour this year at all.

I’d say that puts them in the frame to release something in 2020. I just don’t know whether Reading can get them anymore without putting a serious shift in. They’ve done well to solidify themselves as a competitive booking.

Only really competition with Glastonbury - obviously would go down really well just not sure they would want to pay up to be honest.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Is this controversial because you're suggesting that their live show hasn't always been boring?

ooooh fair enough, i’ve only seen them once and it was the TBH+C tour in Manchester and I found myself happy that it wasn’t them headlining R&L because it would have been very underwhelming as a headline set. from the videos i’ve seen on youtube AM’s sets look great (in particular Glasto 13 and Reading 14) but idk

6 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

ooooh fair enough, i’ve only seen them once and it was the TBH+C tour in Manchester and I found myself happy that it wasn’t them headlining R&L because it would have been very underwhelming as a headline set. from the videos i’ve seen on youtube AM’s sets look great (in particular Glasto 13 and Reading 14) but idk

Saw them at the o2 its just because the setlist is awful now, Alex Turners well edgy now but like as long as they play 3-4 more album 1/2 songs instead of the new album it would be fine. The new album is just not at all suited to a festival its so weird hearing like brianstorm and then ultracheese or something they are like two different bands honestly.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:09 PM, Matt42 said:

Their absences from all the major festivals this year was quite alarming. They’ve always been a favourite of mine in their respective genre.

I reckon it’ll come with new material and a big push behind them, they seem to be pretty comfortable working their way back up by doing a few smaller shows and such. They played a new song which sounds really really good, so gives me hope for a big comeback 

57 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Tyler, The Creator’s ban from Australia has been lifted and he’s been booked to headline a festival already. Hopefully R&L have done similar and have already got him for next year. Wouldn’t be surprised at all.

He will do a couple I reckon. It seems like next year will be a big touring thing for him as he is already linked to many festivals across the world.

unless wireless book him to headline.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, gfa said:

Saw them at the o2 its just because the setlist is awful now, Alex Turners well edgy now but like as long as they play 3-4 more album 1/2 songs instead of the new album it would be fine. The new album is just not at all suited to a festival its so weird hearing like brianstorm and then ultracheese or something they are like two different bands honestly.

I went to their Sheffield show and idk whether it's because that's where they're from, but the setlist was much better for that - played all the classics except sun goes down (why do they never play that?) And it was a great show. I like TBH+C, but not so much live - hope the next album is more guitar focused.

14 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

I went to their Sheffield show and idk whether it's because that's where they're from, but the setlist was much better for that - played all the classics except sun goes down (why do they never play that?) And it was a great show. I like TBH+C, but not so much live - hope the next album is more guitar focused.

they only played ritz extra - still no fluorescent, sun, certain romance etc - still had a great time but was a shame it was 70% AM and tbhc

AM at reading would be great but just can't see how Glasto wouldn't book them for the 50th anniversary, they are pretty much the biggest British band of the 2000s.

One-off show for the year and they'll play all the classics.

Really hope Foals headline R+L outright, their new album is gonna be such a banger.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

AM at reading would be great but just can't see how Glasto wouldn't book them for the 50th anniversary, they are pretty much the biggest British band of the 2000s.

One-off show for the year and they'll play all the classics.

Really hope Foals headline R+L outright, their new album is gonna be such a banger.

I agree with Arctic Monkeys, Alex is the kind of bloke that would schedule themselves directly around Glastonbury, in 2013 I believe it was an only UK Festival show and there wasn't loads to be fair. Arctics and FM atm I'd go for.

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Chance The Rapper just dropped one of the worst albums of the year so far so naturally he'll be booked in a high slot next year.

'My next tour got 8 legs like daddy long'

That's as bad as those 'I gotta make like a banana and split' bars in battle rap. The biggest piece of garbage i've ever listened to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not that bad. I mean I’ll never listen to it again but it’s just meh.

I don't know there are quite a few songs on there that are plain AWFUL like Hot Shower, We Go High and Found A Good One. 

I think when compared to tapes like Acid Rap, Coloring Book and 10 Day which were all very good, it comes across as even worse than it already is. Huge disappointment.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I don't know there are quite a few songs on there that are plain AWFUL like Hot Shower, We Go High and Found A Good One. 

I think when compared to tapes like Acid Rap, Coloring Book and 10 Day which were all very good, it comes across as even worse than it already is. Huge disappointment.

Was Colouring Book ‘very good’ thoooooo? I think it’s barely better than this one.

I feel like people generally weren’t too down on TBD until Melon tore it a new one and now it’s on a bonfire.