Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, Matt42 said:

My point was that they should be outright headliners if they churn out another #1 album :P should have put that in.

I see. In that case I agree.

They could have been reasonable headliners if they avoided Glastonbury and played Reading in 2017 but I guess that's how their tour was mapped out, and they share management with Arctic Monkeys so I guess they'll know what they're doing. A primetime Pyramid slot might be more beneficial than a R+L headline slot anyway nowadays.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see. In that case I agree.

They could have been reasonable headliners if they avoided Glastonbury and played Reading in 2017 but I guess that's how their tour was mapped out, and they share management with Arctic Monkeys so I guess they'll know what they're doing. A primetime Pyramid slot might be more beneficial than a R+L headline slot anyway nowadays.

I reckon their long term plan is to headline Glastonbury not Reading. Settling for a sub spot this year when they easily could have waited until 2020 (when the album would probably be out) and try and get a headline spot then is quite strange. 

Perhaps they are hoping that if they can promote this new album and make it a hat trick Glastonbury might give them the call? I don’t think it will happen but if they really wanted to headline reading I doubt they would be playing this year.

6 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

After seeing them steal the show at 2000 Trees, I feel like Yonaka, Dream State and Vukovi deserve early main stage slots at Download and/or Reading next year.

This. Didn't get to catch Vukovi unfortunately but Yonaka and Dream State were both brilliant, and would both go down really well on Main Stage at Reading imo.

On 7/10/2019 at 7:43 AM, dentalplan said:

“Coheadline as the closing act” but not big enough to headline? ?

Fuck I know the difference between an arena tour and some forest shows and what-not, and that’s why I said “Foals’ last arena tour”. ? They’ll be in arenas again soon enough.

I have said myself that they could coheadline if there’s another act that Reading would otherwise miss out on (Liam Gallagher? QOTSA?) but there’s no barrier to them headlining on their own and they’re not just gonna put Two Door Cinema Club as a headliner to consolidate it.

Errm, yeah - the larger co-headliner, so they'd close the set, like Kendrick did last year - we're literally describing what co-headlining is here lol

Having said that, I'd personally love to see them headline outright 

14 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Errm, yeah - the larger co-headliner, so they'd close the set, like Kendrick did last year - we're literally describing what co-headlining is here lol

Having said that, I'd personally love to see them headline outright 

Nah, normally they switch.

Do you not think Kendrick Lamar could have headlined outright?

Edited by dentalplan

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Doesn't seem as though Posty/ ToP will switch, but ik they usually do

Yes definitely, think it's a shame he kept to his usual tour set instead of creating something different for festivals. - Worked brilliantly in Birmingham Arena, his set felt lacking at Leeds and there are so many great tracks he doesn't play

Edited by jamieaslee

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf there's been just as many non-switching coheadliners now.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He definitely could have headlined outright and I think he would have if he didn't have such a short set, I swear it was only about an hour maybe even less than that?

51 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

PJVQ7gi.jpg

why are giggs, tdcc and vampire weekend on r1? giggs and tdcc are solid subs by now i'd of thought and vampire weekend too if it were more their crowd, but definitely r1 headline/third

On 7/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Hart Attack said:

PJVQ7gi.jpg

Bombay, TDCC, Giggs and Vampire Weekend all way too low in my opinion

Could see Billie Eilish as sub and headliners look realistic.

Surely there’s no was Catfish are playing above Tame Impala though? (However I may be slightly biased)

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Now it appears they are in fact working on a new album, I can see R+L sniffing around The Strokes for one of the headline slots. That APE sellout won't go unnoticed, and I imagine they'd still go down fairly well with the younger crowd now.

I love the Strokes but like I don't think so - would absolutely love it to see them there but I don't think its their crowd at all anymore unfortunately, Strokes are expensive as well compared to other options. We don't even know they will be around next year doing festivals as they are so weird with touring (mind you they only play festivals now) this year was the perfect year for them I think with their first 3 albums setlist - ideal for R&L. If they had to co with Pulp in 2011 surely they can't headline now though i don't know? lets see what happens with this album but I think TRNSMT might be a better option or IOW. Anything but BMTH honestly though.