Lineup 2020

randlfan

10 hours ago, wro_lap said:

If BMTH headline the second biggest festival in the UK, Glasto will be laughing after giving them a relatively early slot on the Other Stage.

Not to mention that stage is usually headlined by the sort of bands who'd sub/co-headline R/L.

Exactly, I can see them getting away with having them 3rd down that year once but 5th down and not even like headlining the JP for e.g. is telling. Reading would look very silly to give them a headline spot especially as they have had bands in the 1st two lines of the bill who have also been subbing Other at least that are from the rock genre we'll say.

3 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Seen a lot of people predict Two Door to headline outright. I can’t see it myself tbh. Think they’d make a good sub 

Maybe they could co headline with someone like courteeners who could headline Leeds and they could headline reading but at the very most I think they will sub as they are not big enough to headline outright.

8 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Seen a lot of people predict Two Door to headline outright. I can’t see it myself tbh. Think they’d make a good sub 

i love two door but like not a chance, the new album flopped really but they will move to sub I think after community etc. Headline outright is a joke who is even saying that 

2 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Maybe they could co headline with someone like courteeners who could headline Leeds and they could headline reading but at the very most I think they will sub as they are not big enough to headline outright.

If they were to coheadline, they need a strong artist to do it with - not a weak one like Courteeners.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Main stage 1

AM

Foals

Kasabian

Main stage 2 

Drake

Calvin Harris

Stromzy

Radio 1 and 6 music stage 

Interpol

The script

Bring me the horizon

this is one of your worst best lineups yet, keep it up!

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hide contents

I think the Chemical Brothers would probably coheadline reading 

Also Lewis Capaldi as a co-headliner next year? I reckon it’s more likely he would headline somewhere like Parklife though.

Probably no need to bumb Lewis Capaldi up to coheadline yet, not really any indication he's gonna start demanding huge spots at festivals, but he probably would stick to getting big slots at things like parklife, could possibly be in contention for headlining truck/ynot or even possibly subbing those as he could easily fizzle out a bit by next year. As for Chemical Brother, I can't see Reading booking them again for anything past a Radio 1 headliner, not sure there's much demand for them with the normal Reading crowd. 

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Probably no need to bumb Lewis Capaldi up to coheadline yet, not really any indication he's gonna start demanding huge spots at festivals, but he probably would stick to getting big slots at things like parklife, could possibly be in contention for headlining truck/ynot or even possibly subbing those as he could easily fizzle out a bit by next year. As for Chemical Brother, I can't see Reading booking them again for anything past a Radio 1 headliner, not sure there's much demand for them with the normal Reading crowd. 

Based on absolutely nothing I imagined the reason why Chemical Brothers have not done reading is because they aren’t arsed with it.

they’ve toured the UK a lot and haven’t done Reading in a long long time. 

Then again they could just not be on their radar. I can’t see why not though I don’t think it would be an issue with the current youth scene.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, Matt42 said:

they’ve toured the UK a lot and haven’t done Reading in a long long time. 

Then again they could just not be on their radar. I can’t see why not though I don’t think it would be an issue with the current youth scene.

No no no The Chemical Brothers are past there peak the highest they could get at Reading now is radio 1 headliner they headlined Boardmasters and that didn't go to well as didn't sell out 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I'd love the Chems to be booked booked again but I can't see it. I reckon they'd go down quite well as a sub.

Sure they would and I'd be well up for that, but wouldn't it seem a shame to not have their lightshow in the dark?

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

Sure they would and I'd be well up for that, but wouldn't it seem a shame to not have their lightshow in the dark?

Which is, amongst other reasons, why it won't ever happen. Chemical Brothers are stage closers at pretty much every festival they play at due to the stage and light show being a huge part of their act, so the only chance of them ever doing it would be if they were a second headliner/main stage closer which doesn't seem likely at all. Got plenty of other festivals over here that have them as headliners so I'm sure they're not missing Reading/Leeds.

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Foals

Stormzy

Green Day

Subs: Billie Eilish, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Two Door Cinema Club

Third Down: Lewis Capaldi, Run the Jewels, Idles

R1: Fatboy Sim, Gerry Cinnamon, Don Broco

There's no chance foals could headline outright next year as they played an acambay tour this year. I think tame impala could co  headline with foals