Lineup 2020

randlfan

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So how did BMTH fuck it then? They were definitely on track to hit headline spots. Is it because their recent output just hasn’t been good at all?

My friend who was a big BMTH fan blames it on Amo

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

So how did BMTH fuck it then? They were definitely on track to hit headline spots. Is it because their recent output just hasn’t been good at all?

I’d also blame it on Amo even though I like it

Edit: being more specific I think that it alienated their old fans without successfully bringing in pop fans, unsurprisingly 

Edited by Steve1000

41 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

My friend who was a big BMTH fan blames it on Amo

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Amo just wasn't popular enough, TTS was a step in the right direction imo, Throne and Drown are arguably their two biggest live tracks (especially aimed at the mainstream crowd they've been trying to hit), but there was just nothing on Amo that could replicate it

16 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Amo just wasn't popular enough, TTS was a step in the right direction imo, Throne and Drown are arguably their two biggest live tracks (especially aimed at the mainstream crowd they've been trying to hit), but there was just nothing on Amo that could replicate it

Agreed, as someone who heavily does not like BMTH, those two and there was another actually got me to listen to those 3 if nothing else. They basically went mainstream but the wrong way and tbh a I know who were into then said TTS was good but they liked Sepiternal is it more.

SD seems too low but ATL did it and I reckon they would play in a 3rd Reading spot for example and I don't see BMTH much more so....they know Reading and Download aren't calling.

amo takes a few listens to get into, hated it on first take. Saying that their big single Medicine is dreadful and doesn't translate well live at all. The big hitters live are wonderful life and mother tongue (but this isn't a crowd pleaser for the fans of TTS aka when they peaked)

Headlining Slam Dunk would be a great gig and I believe would shift a lot of tickets. The set would need to cut a few from amo and throw in a few oldies to really make a big impact for me

1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

exactly, if they wanted to maintain their popularity they needed to make another album in the vein of TTS or Sempiternal that the fans wanted, but unfortunately the band wanted to make something the complete opposite of what the fans wanted

8 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

i think they still can headline Download with a strong undercard like Architects or Bullet For My Valentine but no way they can headline reading anymore

Yep I agree that they’ll headline Download still. I get that their APE gig sold like shit,  but no other potential new DL headliners would have done any better 

Edited by Steve1000

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

amo is a more interesting album than That’s The Spirit. 

Interesting does not always correspond to good. Donald Trump is interesting

I do actually quite like both albums tho and thought their APE set was incredible 

Edited by jamieaslee

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

Interesting does not always correspond to good. Donald Trump is interesting

I do actually quite like both albums tho and thought their APE set was incredible 

That’s why I said interesting. They’ve at least tried loads of different things on amo (to varying degrees of success) whereas TTS was very one paced and very smart. It has its moments but overall as a whole album it is quite dull. 

Their APE set was outstanding. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That’s why I said interesting. They’ve at least tried loads of different things on amo (to varying degrees of success) whereas TTS was very one paced and very smart. It has its moments but overall as a whole album it is quite dull. 

Their APE set was outstanding. 

Dull or not, it was their most mainstream effort...it sold them their most tickets and another like would have been their headline show. It was full of more cheesy songs if you like but that's what gets you to headline. You've only got to see Biffy Clyro with Only Revolutions which was nothing compared to their 1st attempts but a great album, and Puzzle to boot. Opposites I admit was the album that got then to headline and it went a bit too far at points that they could have made a great album by combining both cds but still enough decent quality and of the mainstream input to get them there, personally it honk another like Puzzle/Only Revs would have done it. You've got a lot of people who think when this phase came they just became dull but it opened them up to so many new fans and when you do that move that's what you have to do....a lot of people I know wouldn't have touched Biffy before Puzzle, hell they probably didn't know who they were.

See I’m a different one, I was actually attracted to BMTH due to Amo. Obviously knew of them before hand but was never massively interested. I’m not a pop fan or anything either, just enjoyed that album a lot and now am a huge fan of theirs. Was at APE and they were incredible, the production values etc is easily worthy of a headline slot at Reading but would they be a good headline booking to the kind of casual crowd that Reading attracts? Not so sure myself. Not sure they’d shift too much tickets either. I think a sub or co headline position is the best they can hope for now and I do hope they get booked in that slot 

Edited by ob123
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

I think they would be amazing in either slot, but idk if they appeal to that many RnL goers?

Surely they have more crossover than like Disclosure did though? Creamfields and SW4 are the same weekend though and thats the main issue really.