Lineup 2020

randlfan

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

But they've packaged FOB, Panic! and TOP as coheadliners the last few years even though they've all essentially been subs. That's what I was getting at with the Billie/Foals thing. If BMTH were to be booked next year I reckon they'll give them coheadliner status too. They never seem to repeat Main Stage subs at R&L for whatever reason - might just be coincidence or a conscious decision.

Does this mean courteeners will be headlining next time they come ?

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Mr brightside still gets played at the end of every party (i'm 18) and like my friends anyway know a lot more killers than foos/kol/muse who we have had as the big rock band in the past few years. Definitely a strong pick for that slot and would sell well I reckon - for the leavers crowd I reckon the crowd for their set would be pretty big and it would convince more people to buy a ticket outside of their usual genre vs foos for example, nobody not interested in rock/indie would get a ticket 'just to see them' like how people would for killers. I guess what i'm saying is killers have more mainstream crossover appeal for the people coming to r&l than possibly any other headliner in that genre, other than AM maybe but thats just because they'd get dragged along.

Yeah I agree with a lot of that actually. They sold out BST in 2017, so could probably sell out their day for those who aren't interested in the rest of the line up much. 

59 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Saw some videos of BMTH's set at glastonbury. It was empty and the concert as bad. Now i doubt about them being headliners next year

That set was a weird one, 45 mins before they decided to cut the stream of it. Also there was definitely some problems with the sound for their set, same with a few acts all weekend. Still though, one performance doesn’t change their status, still think they’d be good co-headliners or ‘sub-headliners’

Edited by ob123

11 minutes ago, ob123 said:

That set was a weird one, 45 mins before they decided to cut the stream of it. Also there was definitely some problems with the sound for their set, same with a few acts all weekend. Still though, one performance doesn’t change their status, still think they’d be good co-headliners or ‘sub-headliners’

I guess all of their cowrd went to see Kylie.

3 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Half serious shout but Gerry Cinnamon has just sold out an arena tour and 2 nights in Brixton, any chance he could be very high up?

Would be like Courteeners or someone - great for Leeds but mediocre down south. Mind you at Community there were tons of flares and he's sold brixton better than courteeners did last time they played it? 3rd i'd say only because he just has one album currently but there is definitely hype about him. I think Noel as a sub wouldn't be a bad shout he hasn't done r&l for quite a while?

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The meme slot.

essentially.

I think it would go down quite well as an opener and tbh I'm surprised he hasn't already been booked for this year

Edited by dum surfer

BMTH about next year:

“We’re going to be doing more of these festivals this summer, then into next year we’re going to be a doing a headline show.”

“Maybe it will be a big tour, maybe a big festival – depending on what comes up. I think it’s kind of in the balance.”

dunno what it means exactly but I think it means that they’re not booked to headline (or otherwise) R+L 2020 as it stands.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

BMTH about next year:

“We’re going to be doing more of these festivals this summer, then into next year we’re going to be a doing a headline show.”

“Maybe it will be a big tour, maybe a big festival – depending on what comes up. I think it’s kind of in the balance.”

dunno what it means exactly but I think it means that they’re not booked to headline (or otherwise) R+L 2020 as it stands.

Yeah, sounds to me like they aren’t booked for anything as of yet in terms of the big festivals. 

They're going to do Slam Dunk, aren’t they.