Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Royal Blood definitely aren’t ‘significantly bigger’ than BMTH. Arguments both ways. Personally think BMTH are bigger but can see why people would disagree. Both very good bands though but I just don’t see Royal Blood attracting a crowd the size BMTH did at APE tbh 

Someone ITK on here said that they’d only sold 4k tickets about a month before the gig, and a bloke called Beez whose also ITK said they sold 2k full priced tickets. Do you think Royal Blood couldn’t even match that? 

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Someone ITK on here said that they’d only sold 4k tickets about a month before the gig, and a bloke called Beez whose also ITK said they sold 2k full priced tickets. Do you think Royal Blood couldn’t even match that? 

I’m very doubtful that they only sold 4k tickets a month before. Still tho they did give A LOT away for free so I believe? Obviously didn’t sell well at all but the crowd was still huge and so was the performance so I’m not really gunna slag them off 

BMTH’s day at APE had around 32k there is what I’ve heard. There is no way they only sold 4k, that must have been a mistake from whoever heard it. 

Royal Blood absolutely would pull a crowd upwards of 32k with ease. Look at the last arena tour they did. It was massive and well attended from what I read. Anyway, other than The Strokes, all of those APE sold poorly and had tonnes of tickets being given away. 

Basically, if Royal Blood are subbing, there is no way in the world that BMTH should be doing more than that. 

This is at R&L btw as I still think they are a future Download headliner. 

Edited by Andre91

Why do people ignore the Glastonbury slots as well? When they’d done one, I could agree with the notion that it was just a one-off and their lower placing was to cross it off the list. Now they’re doing it again - the only camping fest they’ve done since they brought out TTS - and they’ve dropped down the bill to mid-afternoon second stage. While Royal Blood played to a huge crowd on the main stage last time at Glasto.

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH’s day at APE had around 32k there is what I’ve heard. There is no way they only sold 4k, that must have been a mistake from whoever heard it. 

They were throwing out tickets for a long-ass time. They’d already raffled off hundreds of tickets before May and then that month there were various cheap and free ticket promos which all featured BMTH tickets. If they only had 34k on-site after that then I’d be inclined to believe they sold 4k at retail price.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

The Libertines have announced a UK tour and supposedly have album four on the way soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see them there next year. I'm not sure if they'd headline again though, but they'd make a strong choice for sub.

I think sub is very generous for The Libs these days. NME headliner seems about right. 

On 6/23/2019 at 9:20 AM, Jericode said:

I think it would have worked better if they had TOP subbing 1975 and Royal Blood / Post Malone as the co-head, either alternating or with Royal Blood as the closing act.

I live in the US now so prob don’t quite have that U.K. outlook anymore, I couldn’t disagree more though. 

Have Royal Blood touched the excitement of when their first record came out. It’s just been more of the same but lesser tunes hasn’t it?  One trick pony stuff that will hard to maintain

16 hours ago, R Shah said:

Royal Blood/BMTH co-headline could work. 

Would love to see QOTSA headline outright they absolutely SMASHED Finsbury Park in 2018.

It wouldn't work as royal blood are playing this year and bring me the horizon are more acamby based band now