Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I thought you disputed that?

It was a joke but the more I’ve thought about it though, it’s a bit of a weird lie isn’t it. It’s an odd thing to make up. It was only last year that MCR were photographed together so there has been contact. Also the fact that Jonas said that they were rehearsing in NY. It’s not as if he said he heard them rehearsing in Des Moines or somewhere else equally obscure. I don’t know. It just seems an odd thing for him to come out with if there wasn’t something to it. 

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Edited what I posted if this was in reply to my ‘was a joke m8’ comment. 

orite

Nah I wasn't being like "oh now you've changed your mind!", was genuinely enquiring as to what had changed. You're right that it seems an odd thing for him to come out with if it wasn't true, but also there are plenty of reasons why it would be bullshit. I'd be way more willing to buy the rumour before TUA (and solo material?) took over G-Way's life but eh, it's not impossible.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

orite

Nah I wasn't being like "oh now you've changed your mind!", was genuinely enquiring as to what had changed. You're right that it seems an odd thing for him to come out with if it wasn't true, but also there are plenty of reasons why it would be bullshit. I'd be way more willing to buy the rumour before TUA (and solo material?) took over G-Way's life but eh, it's not impossible.

I’m with you on The Umbrella Academy stuff. If it flopped I think a reunion would be far more likely.

I don’t know what to think, really.

It would be absolutely massive if it happened. That time a few years ago when they teased that date (that turned out to be a Black Parade special edition), that legitimately broke twitter for several minutes. Imagine if they actually did reunite. The world would go nuts. 

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Strange they weren’t booked this year then at the start of a new album cycle if they’d be that popular.

I was surprised by the lack of them myself - definitely would go down quite well. Also its Citadel not community its paining me hahah. They haven't done a late summer festival for a long time too if its anything else to add to the argument, most of them have been June/July.

21 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do we think a Slipknot/BMTH coheadline where Slipknot close both sites is ever potentially feasible? 

No, because Slipknot wouldn’t co-headlining anywhere. They’re the biggest metal band post-Metallica. They aren’t sharing top billing with BMTH. 

On 6/21/2019 at 11:31 PM, Andre91 said:

No, because Slipknot wouldn’t co-headlining anywhere. They’re the biggest metal band post-Metallica. They aren’t sharing top billing with BMTH. 

Hmm well Kendrick Lamar is one of R+L’s most expensive headliners, and possibly one of the biggest this decade, and he ‘shared top billing’. I agree it makes no sense to give BMTH a headline slot underneath Slipknot but idfk how they come up with this shit.

13 hours ago, jj200 said:

Bring me the horizon/paramore

Drake

The strokes/foals

Paramore might be a decent sleeper suggestion. They’re on hiatus at the moment but their return will be a sudden one and I could imagine R+L being eager to be the first ones to break that news. Arguably not a headliner anymore but I think people would be quite pleased regardless.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm well Kendrick Lamar is one of R+L’s most expensive headliners, and possibly one of the biggest this decade, and he ‘shared top billing’. I agree it makes no sense to give BMTH a headline slot underneath Slipknot but idfk how they come up with this shit.

Paramore might be a decent sleeper suggestion. They’re on hiatus at the moment but their return will be a sudden one and I could imagine R+L being eager to be the first ones to break that news. Arguably not a headliner anymore but I think people would be quite pleased regardless.

Kendrick only plays for 70 minutes, though. That was the reason for his co-headline, wasn’t it? Slipknot played for 95 at Download. 

Paramore would be cool. No matter how much they’ve changed, they’ve been an arena band for almost a decade now and don’t seem to be any smaller going by their most recent UK tour. I think they’re still a headliner for sure but like you’ve said, it’s been quiet on their front for a little bit and I’m not sure they’ll be back before R&L 2020. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Kendrick only plays for 70 minutes, though. That was the reason for his co-headline, wasn’t it? Slipknot played for 95 at Download. 

Paramore is a decent shout. No matter how much they’ve changed, they’ve been an arena band for almost a decade now and don’t seem to be any smaller going by their most recent UK tour. I think they’re still a headliner for sure but like you’ve said, it’s been quiet on their front for a little bit and I’m not sure they’ll be back before R&L 2020. 

Festivals don’t usually sidle Kendrick in with someone else. His Coachella headline slot was just his 70 minute fare - I don’t think R+L considered this and thought they had to book another headliner to make it worthwhile. Tbh it was probably more to do with that two main stages thing. :lol:

I would dispute the continued success of Paramore that you’re claiming. A lot of fans didn’t like their new angle and it showed in attendance drops and chart placings. I certainly can’t see their popularity when they come back be the same as it was for the first half of this decade.

I keep wanting to bring Royal Blood into these arguments but they’re bigger than a few headliners that have already come to pass and would have been a solid headline booking next year, so I don’t know where to begin with that one.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Festivals don’t usually sidle Kendrick in with someone else. His Coachella headline slot was just his 70 minute fare - I don’t think R+L considered this and thought they had to book another headliner to make it worthwhile. Tbh it was probably more to do with that two main stages thing. :lol:

I would dispute the continued success of Paramore that you’re claiming. A lot of fans didn’t like their new angle and it showed in attendance drops and chart placings. I certainly can’t see their popularity when they come back be the same as it was for the first half of this decade.

I keep wanting to bring Royal Blood into these arguments but they’re bigger than a few headliners that have already come to pass and would have been a solid headline booking next year, so I don’t know where to begin with that one.

Royal Blood is such a odd one. I can’t believe they aren’t headlining. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

There seems to be quite a few bands going in new directions that fans aren't all that keen on, BMTH and AM two prominent examples. Do bands ever go back to their old sounds or something similar or is there no return?

42 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I think it would have worked better if they had TOP subbing 1975 and Royal Blood / Post Malone as the co-head, either alternating or with Royal Blood as the closing act.

Would make sense from RB's point of view, but I'd guess Post Malone fans are more into TøP? Seems like they've tried to split the genres up into days this year which I quite like tbh

16 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

bring me the horizon have GOT to headline reading soon, that APE show was absolutely phenomenal

with that logic idles should be headlining to be honest, probably have better ticket sales anyway ??

Royal Blood definitely aren’t ‘significantly bigger’ than BMTH. Arguments both ways. Personally think BMTH are bigger but can see why people would disagree. Both very good bands though but I just don’t see Royal Blood attracting a crowd the size BMTH did at APE tbh 

Edited by ob123

Just now, ob123 said:

Royal Blood definitely aren’t ‘significantly bigger’ than BMTH. Arguments both ways. Personally think BMTH are bigger but can see why people would disagree. Both very good bands though 

I might have just missed them, but have Royal Blood headlined or appeared high up on other lineups historically and do they sell out big venues? Genuinely curious 

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

I might have just missed them, but have Royal Blood headlined or appeared high up on other lineups historically and do they sell out big venues? Genuinely curious 

Both bands played at Ally Pally end of last year and sold them then out  (i assume) so maybe currently you could argue they are similar size. But would BMTH sub 1975 like Royal Blood are? Doubtful