Lineup 2020

randlfan

With RnL doing a survey on x4 headliners and x4 smaller acts you'd like to see, I'm interested who people would pick on here. I'll start with who I picked...

Headliners:

- BMTH (co-headline)

- Tame Impala (co-headline)

- Slipknot

- Radiohead

'Smaller':

- Tyler, The Creator

- The Streets

- J.I.D

- IDLES

Edited by jamieaslee

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I picked Imagine Dragons, Courteeners, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Blink-182 to headline and Lil Xan, The Sherlocks, Gerry Cinnamon, Bhad Bhabie to also appear.

Half of me believes you actually did this just for the fun of it tbf

I voted headliners as Kanye West, QOTSA, Travis Scott, AM

Non-Headliners The Streets, Tyler The Creator, Vampire Weekend, Denzel Curry

Edited by TheWaters

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I picked Imagine Dragons, Courteeners, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Blink-182 to headline and Lil Xan, The Sherlocks, Gerry Cinnamon, Bhad Bhabie to also appear.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There's no way they'll attract acts like that. Be realistic.

Arctics, Killers, Strokes and RHCP here then Dexys midnight runners just because atmosphere, Vampire Weekend, Stereophonics (wasn't sure if they woud co?) and two door cinema club.

After the first headliners you type in, for the undercard did you get your first choice act as like 'don't put this again!' or is it arctics for everyone as i assumed it just might of been ? 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, Tom Connolly said:

that would make a lot of sense?

If Slipknot ever dropped down to under outright headline then Andy Copping may have a problem there too, he only just gave we hear SOAD outright after they accepted sub at Reading. Personally I'd have rathered they headline it than Green Day that year but there is no way they are enough to sell what they need to for Reading.

Slipknot aren't co-headlining anything. They're the biggest metal band post-Metallica. They are an arena band and festival headliner the world over. It doesn't matter if R&L isn't their usual crowd, they would not do anything other than headline. They are bigger than System Of A Down. 

Slipknot won't headline 2020 anyway, it's just a fantasy. They're in the tours leaflet they've got at Download and it says LIVE 2020. No dates etc. but they're obviously hitting arenas over here next year. 

I don't think it would happen nowadays. SOAD subbed Reading before Download and Reading were booked under the same roof. If Avenged Sevenfold subbed Reading, it'd devalue their next headline slot at Download in 2022 or whenever so they just wouldn't do it. I think the likes of ADTR, BMTH, Korn, etc. playing non-headline slots at Reading would be effectively ended by a Download headline slot.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think it would happen nowadays. SOAD subbed Reading before Download and Reading were booked under the same roof. If Avenged Sevenfold subbed Reading, it'd devalue their next headline slot at Download in 2022 or whenever so they just wouldn't do it. I think the likes of ADTR, BMTH, Korn, etc. playing non-headline slots at Reading would be effectively ended by a Download headline slot.

After watching BMTH at All points east I definitely think they're good enough, but would they attract a big enough crowd to headline RnL now do you think?

29 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

After watching BMTH at All points east I definitely think they're good enough, but would they attract a big enough crowd to headline RnL now do you think?

No not at all. They’re out of the conversation for Reading headline slots.

Everything was more or less set for them to headline on Amo; if they didn’t get the call-up this year because jury was still out, that has now been seen to.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No not at all. They’re out of the conversation for Reading headline slots.

Everything was more or less set for them to headline on Amo; if they didn’t get the call-up this year because jury was still out, that has now been seen to.

Seems a shame, really unsure what direction theyll take their music in next either tbh

On 6/13/2019 at 7:15 PM, R Shah said:

Slipknot could do a few nights at the o2 probably yeah? 

In terms of that SOAD subbing Green Day in 2013 and ADTR subbing Foos this year, what other Download headliner-level acts do you think Reading could get to Sub?

A few nights may be pushing it, I could see a couple. I agree with below, I can't see any changing subbing Reading and although you would say it would effectively end their headlining Download status....their pool is small. SOAD are only subs at Reading but a the rest are either headliners at both or don't suit Reading now. 

On 6/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, Jericode said:

Honestly it's probably just Avenged, and even then you could make a case for headlining. Download's headliner pool is tiny, any of the other headliners who'd play Reading have already headlined it or would probably headline it themselves if they played at all.

A7X aren't topping Reading, the argument could be made but the result is that's why they play Download.