Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

How's that?

The problem wasn't with QOTSA, it was more with having both of them to be honest. BMTH won't headline it anyway, after the APE disaster honestly sub looks a bit high apparently they only sold 4k tickets at APE.

edit - and I do like QOTSA, they just are a bit older and aren't as well known as some of the other older headliners like KoL (due to like 2 songs but still) Muse or Foos for example or have the kind of hype around them that like Arctics do or The Killers. I would love to see them play they just aren't too impressive for people going to reading anymore - mind you with Drake headlining on that lineup i doubt too much matters if he keeps up his current level of hype plus catfish, billie, brockhampton and tyler would probably shift a large amount of tickets too.

Edited by gfa

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

The problem wasn't with QOTSA, it was more with having both of them to be honest. BMTH won't headline it anyway, after the APE disaster honestly sub looks a bit high apparently they only sold 4k tickets at APE.

edit - and I do like QOTSA, they just are a bit older and aren't as well known as some of the other older headliners like KoL (due to like 2 songs but still) Muse or Foos for example or have the kind of hype around them that like Arctics do or The Killers. I would love to see them play they just aren't too impressive for people going to reading anymore - mind you with Drake headlining on that lineup i doubt too much matters if he keeps up his current level of hype plus catfish, billie, brockhampton and tyler would probably shift a large amount of tickets too.

Nah that's shit. They're just about at their most commercially viable point now and are very big, particularly with general rock fans into Foos, Muse and Arctics. Would go down even better now than they did in 2014. The narrative that R+L is now Wireless in a field is clearly wrong given that Foos day flew out with a supporting cast of rock stalwarts.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah that's shit. They're just about at their most commercially viable point now and are very big, particularly with general rock fans into Foos, Muse and Arctics. Would go down even better now than they did in 2014. The narrative that R+L is now Wireless in a field is clearly wrong given that Foos day flew out with a supporting cast of rock stalwarts.

Of course with a big supporting bill they can sell it, but if they wanted to do that the festival would be just what it was like 5 years ago. I think they have a pretty good balance right between all genres.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Of course with a big supporting bill they can sell it, but if they wanted to do that the festival would be just what it was like 5 years ago. I think they have a pretty good balance right between all genres.

Not really saying anything about how it'll sell, I'm contesting that "QOTSA are already pretty far from the Reading crowd".

Bring Me The Horizon / Tyler, The Creator / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / Parkway Drive / Hollywood Undead / The Bronx
Marshmello / slowthai

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Wolf Alice / Greta Van Fleet / MIST / DMAs/ The Amazons
The Black Keys / The Gaslight Anthem

The Killers / Vampire Weekend / Halsey / Lil Pump / Neck Deep / Pale Waves / The Chats
Chance The Rapper / The Hunna

12 minutes ago, VCK said:

Bring Me The Horizon / Tyler, The Creator / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / Parkway Drive / Hollywood Undead / The Bronx
Marshmello / slowthai

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Wolf Alice / Greta Van Fleet / MIST / DMAs/ The Amazons
The Black Keys / The Gaslight Anthem

The Killers / Vampire Weekend / Halsey / Lil Pump / Neck Deep / Pale Waves / The Chats
Chance The Rapper / The Hunna

Really can't see BMTH headlining R&L next year if the supposed sales of APE are true. Doubt they'd have 2 headliners from this years Glastonbury either.

34 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do we think there'd be enough demand for Foals to headline next year? They are playing a ton of UK dates this year. Would love to see it though.

At This is Tomorrow in Newcastle, they sold about half the tickets Noel Gallagher or Stereophonics did. Can't see them headlining next year unless the new album is huge. They could probably co-headline if paired with somebody strong, but they don't seem to have the same pull as other headliners do.

3 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

How do we all think Harry Styles would go down as a subheadliner at R&L, his solo stuff is not poppy at all and he was performing with Stevie Nicks the other night so I was wondering what people thought about him as a Sub/Co headliner

Narp 

9 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

How do we all think Harry Styles would go down as a subheadliner at R&L, his solo stuff is not poppy at all and he was performing with Stevie Nicks the other night so I was wondering what people thought about him as a Sub/Co headliner

Would seem very disappointing compared to the acts you could get in that slot to me

15 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

With Tame Impala headlining the other stage (same time as Stormzy, which seems the wrong way round to me and I dont mind Stormzy) at Glasto, where do people think they'd fit on a RnL lineup next year if the new album does well?

Sub. 

4 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

With Tame Impala headlining the other stage (same time as Stormzy, which seems the wrong way round to me and I dont mind Stormzy) at Glasto, where do people think they'd fit on a RnL lineup next year if the new album does well?

They’ll probs sub Stormzy next year 

Foals / Two Door Cinema Club / Skepta / Slaves 

All Time Low 

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Wolf Alice / Lil Pump

Nothing But Thieves 

Biffy Clyro / Vampire Weekend / Tyler, The Creator / Parkway Drive 

Migos 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy Clyro are more likely to be heading up Victorious that weekend than closing out Reading and Leeds. I don’t see much future for them on the top line - you could very easily forget that they’re headlining IOW because of the lack of interest in their return.

Is there any interest in anybody at IOW this year?

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy Clyro are more likely to be heading up Victorious that weekend than closing out Reading and Leeds. I don’t see much future for them on the top line - you could very easily forget that they’re headlining IOW because of the lack of interest in their return.

They never really went away. They did an acoustic tour right after they finished up the Ellipsis tour and then got announced for IOW. They’ve brought out a soundtrack album that has been praised highly. They’ve got an album of their own, a ‘proper’ album if you like, before the end of the year. 

I think they’re still a major fest headliner. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They never really went away. They did an acoustic tour right after they finished up the Ellipsis tour and then got announced for IOW. They’ve brought out a soundtrack album that has been praised highly. They’ve got an album of their own, a ‘proper’ album if you like, before the end of the year. 

I think they’re still a major fest headliner. 

You see, a lot of people won’t know about all they’d done since Ellipsis just like I don’t. The soundtrack album got to no. 36 in the charts - of course it’s getting praised because the only people who’ve listened to it are diehards. :lol:

I don’t see them subbing R+L soon (like The Libertines might, or lower) but I don’t see them getting the headline slot at R+L. Tbh it’s not even that bad a deal for them to be going to stuff like Boardmasters, Y NOT and This is Tomorrow when there are bigger bands than them headlining those fests.