Lineup 2020

randlfan

I reckon Billie Eilish will return with a big main stage slot (sub?) next year. She's gonna be way too big for the slot she's got come August and I can see the festival giving her a big prominent slot next year, a la Post Malone.

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I reckon Billie Eilish will return with a big main stage slot (sub?) next year. She's gonna be way too big for the slot she's got come August and I can see the festival giving her a big prominent slot next year, a la Post Malone.

I agree. She’s going to pack that tent out something ridiculous in August. 

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I agree. She’s going to pack that tent out something ridiculous in August. 

1 hour ago, stanh said:

is it too late to change her slot onto the main stage this year? like i dunno if its possible, but her crowd will be ridiculously big

Would be cool to see her slot swapped with AJ Tracey, who can clash with TOP, and her play a similar time to Post last year.

On 4/5/2019 at 3:14 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That’s so weird I was coming here to say the same thing. 

She’l sub next year I reckon. The tent will be overflowing this year. She’s right up R&L’s street.

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

do you guys think that R+L could ever get a metal band as headliner? the only metal band that headlined in this century was Metallica but who knows

Guns n Roses, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden and Rage Against The Machine have headline this century as well, I would have guessed you meant decade but Guns n Roses headlined in 2010.

In the spirit of the question it's possible, Bring Me The Horizon could be sneaked in as a co-headliner or someone like Avenged Sevenfold or System Of A Down has big comeback in relevance.

4 hours ago, jump said:

Guns n Roses, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden and Rage Against The Machine have headline this century as well, I would have guessed you meant decade but Guns n Roses headlined in 2010.

In the spirit of the question it's possible, Bring Me The Horizon could be sneaked in as a co-headliner or someone like Avenged Sevenfold or System Of A Down has big comeback in relevance.

No chance of A7X. They’re not mainstream enough to headline R&L. I still think that Slipknot could potentially headline. 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No chance of A7X. They’re not mainstream enough to headline R&L. I still think that Slipknot could potentially headline. 

I was actually gonna mention Slipknot instead of A7X but everytime I see they have dates up A7X are playing the London O2 arena and Slipknot are playing the Alley Palley , and just imo Slipknot come across as more of a nostalgia act these days.

13 minutes ago, jump said:

I was actually gonna mention Slipknot instead of A7X but everytime I see they have dates up A7X are playing the London O2 arena and Slipknot are playing the Alley Palley , and just imo Slipknot come across as more of a nostalgia act these days.

Slipknot are definitely far bigger than A7X are over here.They’re also well known, even if it’s just as ‘those ones that wear masks’. If you say Avenged Sevenfold to your average person in the street they’re going to look puzzled. 

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

How many years ago? 

Every year man. Break stuff too, phwoarr. Always the highlight of the festival :ph34r:

EDIT- I’m not seriously using that as evidence they could headline though. I wouldn’t rule it out, but I don’t think it would really be in that many peoples interest. Be better if they did their own Knotfest thing.

Edited by Steve1000

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot are definitely far bigger than A7X are over here.They’re also well known, even if it’s just as ‘those ones that wear masks’. If you say Avenged Sevenfold to your average person in the street they’re going to look puzzled. 

I agree with Slipknot are far bigger nor am I saying A7X are more likely than Slipknot however imo Slipknot have peaked and have reached all of the audience they can whilst A7X has a chance to break in new fans still albeit with a big album. 

A more interesting what if is Rammstein.

4 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Slipknot probably could have headlined this in ten years ago and i'm honestly pretty surprised they never did, the time has definitely passed though. Not sure we will ever get an outright metal band headline it again, not unless there's a serious shift in trends. 

Yeah, 10 years ago Sonisphere was still around and between them and Download they had better options than to play R&L, plus the last time they were booked they pulled out. They're "comeback" after Paul died would have been a good time for them to step up to headliner at R&L.

2 hours ago, jump said:

I agree with Slipknot are far bigger nor am I saying A7X are more likely than Slipknot however imo Slipknot have peaked and have reached all of the audience they can whilst A7X has a chance to break in new fans still albeit with a big album. 

A more interesting what if is Rammstein.

No chance of Rammstein. They don’t fit the festival. 

R&L doesn’t need bands like Rammstein, Avenged Sevenfold or even Slipknot (even though I think they could). R&L does just fine as it is. They don’t need to ‘heavy it up’ in any way. Those people aren’t going to R&L. 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No chance of Rammstein. They don’t fit the festival. 

R&L doesn’t need bands like Rammstein, Avenged Sevenfold or even Slipknot (even though I think they could). R&L does just fine as it is. They don’t need to ‘heavy it up’ in any way. Those people aren’t going to R&L. 

True but it's a fucking shame tho.

I didn't think the discussion was about "heavying up" the fest as there's some heavy stuff on the line up already plus it has dedicated "punk" and rock stages, I thought it was more about is there any metal acts capable of headlining.