Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, Jericode said:

This is half the reason I think co-headliners are a nonsense concept, either make them out and out headliners or just say they're subbing.

coheadlining is shit, the band that are on first doesn’t feel like a headliner. last year though it was really weird with Panic, they got the fireworks at Leeds at least and Kendrick’s set just felt like a closing set. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:16 PM, Jericode said:

This is half the reason I think co-headliners are a nonsense concept, either make them out and out headliners or just say they're subbing.

If they made like post malone a full headliner everyone would be complaining. It does no harm, its mainly for people with shorter back catalogues (post malone) or short set lengths e.g. (kendrick) Its just for artists that have too short a set to headline I guess is what i'm saying.

5 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Why do you have to drag Frank Turner and The Darkness into this mate? The sad this is, I know a  few people that would look at those Headliners and a lot of the other big acts and think they’re pretty good. 

? I love Frank Turner seen him a good few times and he always puts on a good show people just complain about him because he's always about every couple of years. Was only a joke, think most of these bands get way too much hate, though ID are the most boring band I've ever seen even though they have catchy songs.

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

The script are too low so let's put them in the sub slot 

The headliners are decent but I'm not sure marroon five is headlineing next year because I have a feeling that another rapper will headline.

JJ out of all your brilliant comments I have to say this might be the best.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Btw, anyone suggesting that Courteeners, who are basically sub headliners at majors for life at this point, wouldn't want to sub this festival is off their trolley.

they’re playing like 50,000 capacity in Manchester and fairly certain they did a few arenas up north, them to coheadline would make sense with them closing Leeds and the others closing Reading. I’m not a Courteeners fan at all but you can’t ignore their success up north.

38 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

They've had that success in the North and Manchester for years though and it hasn't changed anything for them. They're pretty much stagnant from those days. Which means if they were sub headliners before, there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't take it now.

fair point, i can think of nothing worse than Courteeners headlining. i just can’t see Liam Fray’s ego taking anything less than a coheadline