Lineup 2020

randlfan

Do people actually think Biffy will headline outright? I was a fan of their last album but it seems like their fading more and more into obscurity. I think co-head in 2016 was their peak in terms of an R+L slot. 

Also not to bring back up the female quota thing again but the festival could do with some sort of female headliner in the coming years, i'm surprised they haven't snatched up florence + the machine for it yet as she's more than worthy of it and would kill it.

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Do people actually think Biffy will headline outright? I was a fan of their last album but it seems like their fading more and more into obscurity. I think co-head in 2016 was their peak in terms of an R+L slot. 

Also not to bring back up the female quota thing again but the festival could do with some sort of female headliner in the coming years, i'm surprised they haven't snatched up florence + the machine for it yet as she's more than worthy of it and would kill it.

Biffy headlines in 2013 when they were much more current. They probably could do either, just depends who else the fest can get.

Flo doesn’t really suit R+L no more, I don’t think.

Depends, if the new album does really well no-one will be debating they can headline, if it falls short then just give them a strong sub (gimme Don Broco) or have them as an established half of a co-headliner. There's no way they drop to sub unless the album is utterly awful.

Florence should have headlined it already, and to be honest I think they can still get away with it if they have a strong headliner on a different day.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy headlines in 2013 when they were much more current. They probably could do either, just depends who else the fest can get.

Flo doesn’t really suit R+L no more, I don’t think.

I can't see them accepting anything less than a co-head but I also don't see why they'd be offered any more than that, good band that just isn't as popular a booking anymore.

True which is a shame, she really should have headlined after her brilliant performance stepping in for Foos at Glasto 2015.

I do find it weird how there hasn't been a female headliner since Paramore in 2014 especially with the way the world seems to be reacting to other festivals like Wireless not having enough female acts. Definitely feel as so R+L may feel pressured into giving some of their bigger slots to female fronted acts in the near future, just hope it's not Cardi B.

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I can't see them accepting anything less than a co-head but I also don't see why they'd be offered any more than that, good band that just isn't as popular a booking anymore.

True which is a shame, she really should have headlined after her brilliant performance stepping in for Foos at Glasto 2015.

I do find it weird how there hasn't been a female headliner since Paramore in 2014 especially with the way the world seems to be reacting to other festivals like Wireless not having enough female acts. Definitely feel as so R+L may feel pressured into giving some of their bigger slots to female fronted acts in the near future, just hope it's not Cardi B.

Who could be chosen though that would go down well?. Can’t really see Florence going down well with the current demographic they seem to be aiming at.

I think they can get away with not having a female headliner if they book a few more inspired female artists on the undercard i.e. Kali Uchis, Jorja Smith, Janelle Monet, Lorde etc. Who may or may not appeal to the demographic but there are plenty of really good female artists out there.

In reality paramore should have been booked to headline after After Laughter and as said earlier Florence should have been after killing it at Glasto, i think FR have really dropped the ball by not booking these artists at the right time instead of booking fucking fall out boy like they did last year. 

Edited by dum surfer

22 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 18.25.49.png

Nice template man ;) 

Think this looks good - Main stage looks spot on across the weekend, doubt Dua Lipa will be back though and reckon you could switch Parkway Drive and Slaves round.

Not sure what sort of crowd Run the Jewels would draw at Reading vs. Green Day, think they'd be better off third down Main. Would also drop Cigs After Sex below 21 Savage + IDLES. Doubt they'd have two dance acts in a row with Annie Mac into Marshmello, probs be an indie/rock act somewhere in that top four on R1 Friday, maybe The Hunna?

Also, I don't think it's past time to book Paramore. They've got a similar following to Panic! at the Disco who went down really well last year, more so than KOL and FoB tbh. Reckon they'd be a solid headliner choice with their next album.

Edited by frontsidecab

40 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

why do we think that Queen + Adam Lambert are never booked/talked about as a possibility?

Absolutely not suited to R&L’s demographic in any way.

I think they’d go down a treat at Download on the Sunday, though, especially with the profile Queen have at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Co headlined 

They said he was an outline, Panic just had a big font. His tour has the same set length, he was on like 15 minutes late and ended a fair bit early. He wasn’t planning on playing more and at least until the next album he won’t be playing more.