Lineup 2020

randlfan

20 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Looks a bit crap as i literally made in on Word in about 10 minutes, but i can see something like this next year maybe. 

Reading.png

Looks like this years poster was made in word in ten minutes TBF. Do you think having such a 'heavy' Sunday by recent standards will just be a one off this year? That's a very indie/pop lineup.

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

Looks like this years poster was made in word in ten minutes TBF. Do you think having such a 'heavy' Sunday by recent standards will just be a one off this year? That's a very indie/pop lineup.

Haha true! Im not sure, its hard to tell, I think it largely depends on who is headlining. For example, i doubt the Sunday this year would be as heavy as it is if Foo's weren't headlining. My prediction is probably way off, but i reckon the headliners could be accurate largely depending on how well foals album does. Despite not being a dua lipa fan i think its a given FR will get her back off of her second album after seeing the crowd she pulled last year. 

8 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

First shout for 2020; ignore The Night Cafe on NME two years running, was aiming to put them at a higher placement but ended up pushing them down.

Hadn't actually realised that Bring Me/Catfish were such a popular suggestion until I stuck them on this one either.

2020 first attempt.png

Looks great, I’d love it if this was next years line up. Hopefully it is something like this

8 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

First shout for 2020; ignore The Night Cafe on NME two years running, was aiming to put them at a higher placement but ended up pushing them down.

Hadn't actually realised that Bring Me/Catfish were such a popular suggestion until I stuck them on this one either.

2020 first attempt.png

Thats the most realistic one I've seen imo feels like the only way ID will come back is as Co-heads to me though, could compare them to Bastille this year though I suppose. Would definitely get me back next year with this lineup.

9 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

2020 first attempt.png

Pretty good, but not sure if BMTH will be around next year. I reckon a Wolf Alice/Catfish co-headline could be feasible if Wolf Alice's next album does well.

Also Imagine Dragons are way too big to headline NME.

7 hours ago, VCK said:

Pretty good, but not sure if BMTH will be around next year. I reckon a Wolf Alice/Catfish co-headline could be feasible if Wolf Alice's next album does well.

Don't see why Bring Me wouldn't be, album's only just come out. Think even subbing would be a stretch for WA atm, they'd be a strong third down or good option for a co-head sub imo.

Also don't see ID headlining R1 Tent as too much of a stretch when Bastille are doing it this year, especially considering their latest album did not go down well. 

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

Don't see why Bring Me wouldn't be, album's only just come out. Think even subbing would be a stretch for WA atm, they'd be a strong third down or good option for a co-head sub imo.

Also don't see ID headlining R1 Tent as too much of a stretch when Bastille are doing it this year, especially considering their latest album did not go down well. 

Imagine Dragons simply wouldn't accept it more than anything, and rightfully so they are certainly too big. Way bigger tunes than BMTH or Wolf Alice who are in higher slots for the reading audience. Can't see Brockhampton playing the tent again (swap them with Slaves) and Gerry in the tent at Leeds might not work too well.

hope 21 savage gets let back in to the USA by ICE after his appearance

also Glass Animals have no news on touring again yet

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

Imagine Dragons simply wouldn't accept it more than anything, and rightfully so they are certainly too big. Way bigger tunes than BMTH or Wolf Alice who are in higher slots for the reading audience. Can't see Brockhampton playing the tent again (swap them with Slaves) and Gerry in the tent at Leeds might not work too well.

hope 21 savage gets let back in to the USA by ICE after his appearance

also Glass Animals have no news on touring again yet

Yeah Gerry in a tent at Leeds is a riot waiting to happen, perfect 3pm ish main stage slot in my opinion.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, VCK said:

BMTH are definitely going to be around next year. Even if they aren't I'm not sure they'd turn down the opportunity to headline or co-head.. 

15 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Changed my mind about a few things, i don't really see why Foals wouldn't accept a co-head again

2020 PREDICTION.png

I think Courteeners would want to co too, not sure if they care or not about doing this but they are headlining Heaton Park again with basically no support. They could do it with Stormzy I guess or come back in 2021 maybe - if they did it with Stormzy it could be like Panic's 'co headline' where they just have the bigger font. They just need some kind of bump up I guess.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

I think Courteeners would want to co too, not sure if they care or not about doing this but they are headlining Heaton Park again with basically no support. They could do it with Stormzy I guess or come back in 2021 maybe - if they did it with Stormzy it could be like Panic's 'co headline' where they just have the bigger font. They just need some kind of bump up I guess.

next time Courteeners are there will be a full headline slot because Liam Fray’s ego is too big for any other slot at this point, which i’m gutted about because i hate Courteeners and the fact they’re gonna be a headliner one year is depressing

• Upvote 1