Lineup 2020

randlfan

5 hours ago, Diamond24 said:

I was standing comfortably, eating a pizza, in front of the half way barrier with loads of space around me. I was really surprised by how few people were there. 

Hadn’t realised how few people were there when watching their set online. But at least a co-headline slot will be their next step. 

A Lorde/Wolf Alice co-headline would be insane 

Edited by manchestermusicreview
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Hadn’t realised how few people were there when watching their set online. But at least a co-headline slot will be their next step. 

A Lorde/Wolf Alice co-headline would be insane 

I wouldn't be so sure about them (co)headlining anytime soon. I think their last album would have to do a fair bit better than their previous two to get that sort of push, which I can't really see happening. Main stage sub/3rd sounds about right to me.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Your insane.

Dentalplan sums it up nicely.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Your insane.

1. No, I’m the target audience 

2. Easy joke. At least if you’re not gonna engage in the discussion, don’t do a joke a 13 year old could beat. 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I wouldn't be so sure about them (co)headlining anytime soon. I think their last album would have to do a fair bit better than their previous two to get that sort of push, which I can't really see happening. Main stage sub/3rd sounds about right to me.

Dentalplan sums it up nicely.

Yeah, I realise that they still have a bit of growth to do. But - I think they’re on that trajectory... possibly a Latitude headline would make more sense before R/L. Another solid two albums though and they’ll headline. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yer. Wolf Alice will return as subs - just as Haim will - and if they’re looking like going on to bigger things then they have a chance, but I don’t quite see it.

Lorde has no hope and won’t be seeing bigger slots than she’s been doing already. Probably a Radio 1 headliner.

The Billie Eilish shout is fairly valid but maybe a bit premature. She definitely seems kitted out to be a Lorde v2 that can tap into the hip hop-centric current world of popular music.

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yer. Wolf Alice will return as subs - just as Haim will - and if they’re looking like going on to bigger things then they have a chance, but I don’t quite see it.

Lorde has no hope and won’t be seeing bigger slots than she’s been doing already. Probably a Radio 1 headliner.

The Billie Eilish shout is fairly valid but maybe a bit premature. She definitely seems kitted out to be a Lorde v2 that can tap into the hip hop-centric current world of popular music.

You still think they are on an upward trajectory? After the response to their last album I assumed this was about it for them

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

You still think they are on an upward trajectory? After the response to their last album I assumed this was about it for them

Exactly this, whilst personally i love visions of a life it didn’t do nearly as well as my love is cool and in terms of accessibility wasn’t as accessible to the larger audience.

They’d make a great sub or third down but I can’t see them ever really getting past that, unless they explode in popularity 

7 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Exactly this, whilst personally i love visions of a life it didn’t do nearly as well as my love is cool and in terms of accessibility wasn’t as accessible to the larger audience.

They’d make a great sub or third down but I can’t see them ever really getting past that, unless they explode in popularity 

I was reffering to HAIM. Wolf Alice I cam definitely see still climbing. Sure they aint gonna explode but would be suprised if they don't sub at least one of the major fests off the back of their next album.

3 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

1. No, I’m the target audience 

i can't lie but I doubt any of the target have any of the interests in your profile past the first one...

• Interests:Music/ Cello/ the Ancient World

I'm 17 and this would be really disappointing, Lorde just isn't very Reading and i have no interest in Wolf Alice.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gfa said:

i can't lie but I doubt any of the target have any of the interests in your profile past the first one...

• Interests:Music/ Cello/ the Ancient World

I'm 17 and this would be really disappointing, Lorde just isn't very Reading and i have no interest in Wolf Alice.

Who cares what other interests we have? Yeah, I do a classics degree and yeah, I play the cello I’m orchestras. But my first love is music (namely that of the indie rock variety). Perhaps you don’t think Wolf Alice headlining will happen, fine, or that a Lorde/Wolf Alice co-head wouldn’t be the best thing since sliced bread... fair enough. But to reject the opinion without offering an alternative and sliding into ad hominem insults isn’t needed. This is supposed to be a discussion board about a lineup for one and a half years time - so of course there’s gonna be difference of opinion. Just take it a little bit more easily. And also - I’m not gonna get outta here, I have every right to be as every single one of yous do. 

12 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I was reffering to HAIM. Wolf Alice I cam definitely see still climbing. Sure they aint gonna explode but would be suprised if they don't sub at least one of the major fests off the back of their next album.

I can see Wolf Alice exploding but maybe that’s cos I’m a little biased... it’s the kind of band that should be headlining within 5 years, but they first need to do Latitude and some other middle-sized festivals (they’ve never headlined a decent UK fest before) - then, and only then, will it be time for R/L - so I guess my desire was a little premature. 

Probably way fucking off apart from the headliners maybe, this is really based on what sort of acts have been booked over recent years. Some are acts id like to see and other are just there to fill in gaps. 

Friday:

MS: Foals // Courteeners // Charli XCX // Rex Orange County // Jimmy Eat World

R1: Sigrid // Idles 

Saturday:

MS: Travis Scott // Catfish & The Bottlemen // The Wombats // Limp Bizkit // Octavian 

R1: Nothing But Thieves // Cigarettes After Sex // Shame

Sunday:

MS: The Strokes // Tyler, The Creator // Wolf Alice // Logic // Kali Uchis 

R1: Run The Jewels // Lower Than Atlantis 

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Why

Put Tool in there partially out of hope, but if they were to ever actually play they wouldn't be booked as headliners. Whereas Royal Blood would definitely headline if their next album does as well as their first two.

Think of it as similar to Biffy / NIN in 2013.

Plus you can hear a slight Tool influence in some of Royal Blood's songs, so they'd complement each other well. :)

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Stormzy / Lorde / Bombay Bicycle Club / Kaiser Chiefs / Don Broco

Royal Blood / Tool / Chance The Rapper / Nothing But Thieves / PVRIS

The Killers / Wolf Alice / Charli XCX / Vince Staples / Parkway Drive

You think Tool are not playing the UK for how long, headlining Download and then accepting a sub slot at a fest that won't give a shit and will moan ASAP Rocky should have played...it's an example btw. Hell, Download social media wasn't ecstatic at Tool headlining...this board were but to thousands of the general attendees it wasn't overwhelming.

Christ, i know i only did this the other day but I've changed my mind on a few things. Dua is releasing a new album this year and whilst im not a fan R+L would be made not to rebook her with the crowd she pulled. 

R1: Sigrid // All Time Low // Yxng Bane 

Saturday:

MS: Stormzy // Catfish & The Bottlemen // Mac Demarco // IDLES // Neck Deep 

Sunday:

MS: The Strokes // Dua Lipa // Wolf Alice // Logic // HMLTD

R1: Run The Jewels //  Declan McKenna  // Vince Staples

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Christ, i know i only did this the other day but I've changed my mind on a few things. Dua is releasing a new album this year and whilst im not a fan R+L would be made not to rebook her with the crowd she pulled. 

R1: Sigrid // All Time Low // Yxng Bane 

Saturday:

MS: Stormzy // Catfish & The Bottlemen // Mac Demarco // IDLES // Neck Deep 

Sunday:

MS: The Strokes // Dua Lipa // Wolf Alice // Logic // HMLTD

R1: Run The Jewels //  Declan McKenna  // Vince Staples

If Foals hadn't co'd already, they or 1975 would be perfect acts to use with Courteeners to give them the bump up so they can swap sites. They really need a good acts they can swap Courteeners with when they play as they have such a varied crowd.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

If Foals hadn't co'd already, they or 1975 would be perfect acts to use with Courteeners to give them the bump up so they can swap sites. They really need a good acts they can swap Courteeners with when they play as they have such a varied crowd.

True perhaps, but I don’t think courteeners necessarily have to co-headline though, i think they’re fine remaining as a sub. They’ll still draw a huge crowd up at leeds and i think foals are popular enough up north to close