Lineup 2020

randlfan

• 3 weeks later...

How are we already on 2020? Lord, I'd have no idea.

Given that Biffy, FOB and Eminem all put paid to conventional wisdom of a five year rule, then I could see Kendrick back in 2020, providing he's not nailed on for Glastonbury that year - and given that it's the 50th Anniversary, feel that could be a stretch. (Reckon - given his status in the world right now, Kendrick could be one of the more feasible 50th Anniversary headliners at Glastonbury, particularly if they go for no repeat bookings.)

If not Kendrick, then definitely a hip-hop artist; they might finally land on Kanye, if he's still putting out music, or they might go for Drake unless his popularity abates terribly in the space of two and a half years.

Dua Lipa to sub.

And, if they somehow crank out a 30,000+ first week sales album for a #1 record, guess Courteeners are in with a shout - though they may get a co-headline gig with a return to rotating bill-toppers (they'd go down explosively in Leeds, I'd imagine, but entirely unsure what their pull is like in the South.) If Courteeners headlined, it'd have to be a very strong undercard and remaining headliner set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 9:15 AM, DownboundTrain52 said:

How are we already on 2020? Lord, I'd have no idea.

Given that Biffy, FOB and Eminem all put paid to conventional wisdom of a five year rule, then I could see Kendrick back in 2020, providing he's not nailed on for Glastonbury that year - and given that it's the 50th Anniversary, feel that could be a stretch. (Reckon - given his status in the world right now, Kendrick could be one of the more feasible 50th Anniversary headliners at Glastonbury, particularly if they go for no repeat bookings.)

If not Kendrick, then definitely a hip-hop artist; they might finally land on Kanye, if he's still putting out music, or they might go for Drake unless his popularity abates terribly in the space of two and a half years.

Dua Lipa to sub.

And, if they somehow crank out a 30,000+ first week sales album for a #1 record, guess Courteeners are in with a shout - though they may get a co-headline gig with a return to rotating bill-toppers (they'd go down explosively in Leeds, I'd imagine, but entirely unsure what their pull is like in the South.) If Courteeners headlined, it'd have to be a very strong undercard and remaining headliner set.

how about a courtneers and bastille co-headline set

Just now, Jeremy F 2000 said:

thank god ...... okay thank you ... how come this years lineup came out in February then and not October if it comes out 10 months before???

No I mean the guesses we have are more educated when other festivals start announcing their lineups and it becomes obvious who might be touring. We don't actually know who is playing until it's announced or leaked or whatever.

Just now, dentalplan said:

No I mean the guesses we have are more educated when other festivals start announcing their lineups and it becomes obvious who might be touring. We don't actually know who is playing until it's announced or leaked or whatever.

who do you think will headline in 2020??? I think it will be green day and all time low and blink 182

1 minute ago, Jeremy F 2000 said:

who do you think will headline in 2020??? I think it will be green day and all time low and blink 182

and fall out boy because they headline every 2 years 

I don't think they'll be having Fall Out Boy headline every two years if they can help it. I don't really care to predict who might headline over two years away but I think you'll only get possibly Green Day or Blink-182 out of those.

• 3 weeks later...