Lineup 2020

randlfan

I don't know why I even asked - I knew it'd be those two.

I really hope Foals can pull themselves out of the rut they've found themselves in with their last album or two but I'm not too hopeful. The idea of them headlining major festivals (well... Glastonbury) seems like a stretch at the moment to me.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't know why I even asked - I knew it'd be those two.

I really hope Foals can pull themselves out of the rut they've found themselves in with their last album or two but I'm not too hopeful. The idea of them headlining major festivals (well... Glastonbury) seems like a stretch at the moment to me.

Yeah Mountain at My Gates was just My Number II - it was even the poppy second single after the heavy first. I think they will do something new as they addressed that they’re in a rut and WWD wasn’t what they’d hoped.

I don’t think headlining Glastonbury is a stretch as there aren’t many bands ahead of them in a queue for new headliners and they’ve already used up a lot of their repeats recently too. Plus I dare say they’d be more popular a headline booking than newbies like The 1975 or Royal Blood at Glastonbury cos a large proportion of the audience grew up with them.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Foals have reached their peak. 

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

agree, would be surprised if their next release warrants them to be Glastonbury headliners

Disagree if this album is a success, just depends what style they go with. Ultimately I'm probably bias as they're my favourite band but still think they haven't hit their full potential as of yet.

• Like 1

Got a (bad) feeling they're gonna go down the electronic/synth heavy album route that almost every indie act does at this point in their career. Foals are probably better equipped at pulling it off than a lot of others, but it's always a risky venture. At least it'd be more exciting than What Went Down aka Total Life Forever pt.2 pt.2 though.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Rite I'm bored so I've actually tried to think of 3 names that could potentially headline in 2020.

Stormzy, Arctics, MCR

If MCR haven't reformed then BMTH or Slipknot in their place.

BMTH // Arctics // BBK + Catfish

The coheadline is the one I'd be least sure on. Chance or Stormzy could replace BBK or maybe Diaclosure again or some other non-rock act that blows up (Flume?). Catfish could be replaced by any up-and-coming alt-rock act tbh: 21 Pilots,  Hunna (god forbid), Bastille, CHVRCHES, Blossoms, Liam Gallagher etc.

Plus outside chance of MCR reunion to replace the coheadline I guess

On 05/02/2018 at 5:03 PM, randlfan said:

My friends aunt just got some info on the 2020 headliners too btw, fair if you don't wanna believe me but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

BBK, AM, MCR reunion.

cya there.

i can cofirm this - i spoke to my uncle’s dog walker’s son and they said the same