Regurgitation

bottonrob

Or how soon is too soon? (& Just to change the 'when is the announcement' chat!)

So talk of Basement Jaxx again as they playing the Lytham fest. I admit I loved their set in 2013 (or was it 2014?) but it just seems like too soon to have a main stage act playing again. I have no problems with your thingymabobs type acts on the smaller stages coming back year on year but to be the main stage should be fresh not just the same old acts playing. Question is however how soon is too soon?

I don’t think basement Jaxx is a live show this summer it’s a dj set which down the glow tent will be great but I get what your saying button moon about how soon .

my feelings if you headline the calling out of your asked back you’ve made it and it’s progression . If your on the main and not headliners your welcome back but if you headline it should be a 5 year minimum unfortunately that would mean basement Jaxx would be cool .............. no idea but James again sucks pipe !

54 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I don’t think basement Jaxx is a live show this summer it’s a dj set which down the glow tent will be great but I get what your saying button moon about how soon .

my feelings if you headline the calling out of your asked back you’ve made it and it’s progression . If your on the main and not headliners your welcome back but if you headline it should be a 5 year minimum unfortunately that would mean basement Jaxx would be cool .............. no idea but James again sucks pipe !

I love James, think they're a great band and a brilliant festival singalong headline but I'd be a bit meh if they were listed again so soon, same goes for Charlatans, Stereophonics, Happy Mondays to name a few

see your point about getting promotion from Calling out being not really applicable, Catfish, Blossoms spring to mind. 

I suppose what I am harping on about is not wanting to see the same festival year in year out. I really loved Seasick Steve a few years back, didn't bother to watch him again to be honest.

Festivals have to cater for newbies as well as regulars, whilst seeing the same names year after year gets dull, regulars only make up a proportion of the audience, lineups sell festivals to newbies. There are only so many acts that can headline festivals and festivals have to do what they can to shift tickets, I guess it’s a balancing act between not pissing off your regulars and booking the right bands to attract newbies.

James would be a shit headliner now for the capacity and ticket price of Kendal Calling even before you consider they’ve done it twice already.

If they are going for someone like The Libertines then balance it up with a Lorde or Chvrches or Florence. Try and keep a nice balance like Smeble said.

There's more than enough bands/acts capable of headlining a festival of KC's size to not have to repeat book main stage headliners.

Foals, for example, headlined Citadel last year with a capacity the same as KC (25,000), they have new music coming and would go down great.

Out of interest, who have been main stage repeats, even if it hasn' been in a headline capacity? if sheds play then they will be a repeat but I think that will be 7 years so nothing to moan about, then I can recall james, charlatans, Mondays, Frank Turner, SS Steve... any more?

12 minutes ago, ramragon said:

From memory I remember Ash, Feeder and the hotpots a few times as well. It doesn't really bother me to be honest, if there's been a few years between appearances and they put on a decent show then book em !

I suppose fans of those bands are gonna love it if they play again, like I'd watch james every day of the festival if I could ha!, but Frank Turner on the other hand has me rolling my eyes.  To pay for a whole weekend of different music and have a set from one/some of your favorite band/s is a bonus to some

18 minutes ago, ramragon said:

From memory I remember Ash, Feeder and the hotpots a few times as well. It doesn't really bother me to be honest, if there's been a few years between appearances and they put on a decent show then book em !

Agreed but they aren’t headliner material anymore for a medium size festival and as you say earlier on in the day get the fans out from the camp sites and put on a decent show . 

But going back all the time to James is boring and I like James don’t get me wrong But it’s just boring and safe ! 

For headline acts at KC you would imagine there were plenty of options available, it' not like booking Glastonbury where the options become considerably slimmer. 

There's a load of bands that fit in to the kaisers, vaccines, Frank Turner size category without consistant repeats as headliner. We could just as easy end up with chemical brothers, white lies, Richard Ashcroft and Foals for a similar price bracket

Edited by ramragon

1 hour ago, ramragon said:

For headline acts at KC you would imagine there were plenty of options available, it' not like booking Glastonbury where the options become considerably slimmer. 

There's a load of bands that fit in to the kaisers, vaccines, Frank Turner size category without consistent repeats as headliner. We could just as easy end up with chemical brothers, white lies, Richard Ashcroft and Foals for a similar price bracket

Agree mate.

The Chemical Brothers would be brilliant in that setting.

Did it not used to be the norm to have one dancey headliner ?

If we can’t have the C brothers then the Prodigy would nail it. Plus.....I’ve never seen The Prodigy.

37 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Agree mate.

The Chemical Brothers would be brilliant in that setting.

Did it not used to be the norm to have one dancey headliner ?

If we can’t have the C brothers then the Prodigy would nail it. Plus.....I’ve never seen The Prodigy.

Rudimental played and I know in the past they've had Chase and Status, Example, Calvin Harris and Basement Jax.

Oh aye, and Dizzy 

Sure there will be more that I've forgotten about

Could it be that the have the Chems as headliners but they are giving it time whilst Bluedot sells out before announcing it? The twitter page responded to a comment regarding them and they don’t normally reply in the comments when particular bands are mentioned. (Very possible I’m reading too much into nothing:/)

681CE51C-0A0F-49B7-A92F-197666620ABE.png

It's possible that theyve booked  the chemicals for both festivals. Blue dot tends to be aimed at a different audience than KC, both have a fairly decent reputation and I'm sure they'l both sell out.

I'm sure some news will come out in the next week, probably one of the headliners being an arse and demanding top billing on their announcement or some hold up like that