Lovebox 2018

aidenlangan95

14 hours ago, baggie92 said:

Going to Citadel on Sunday so I'm interested to know about the organisation of the site if anyone would be so kind? :D

Organisation seemed fine to me. Heard reports that the queues were very long to get in around 4, but we must have beaten them getting there around 3 and almost didn't have to queue at all. Get down a bit earlier and you should be fine.

Only issue for me was the sound - far too low for almost every act I saw. Hoping it's sorted out today because it made some acts fall a bit flat.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

god, in terms of music that was absolutely lovely. N*E*R*D, vince and gambino gave me some of the best live experiences i’ve had. kali uchis, skepta, sza (for four songs) and anderson paak were also good, not to mention big boi, wu-tang, diplo and the internet. brilliant stuff

25 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

god, in terms of music that was absolutely lovely. N*E*R*D, vince and gambino gave me some of the best live experiences i’ve had. kali uchis, skepta, sza (for four songs) and anderson paak were also good, not to mention big boi, wu-tang, diplo and the internet. brilliant stuff

That is a seriously outrageous list for the one weekend.

How was the beat switch in This Is America? I get goosebumps just imagining that live.

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That is a seriously outrageous list for the one weekend.

How was the beat switch in This Is America? I get goosebumps just imagining that live.

the beat switch was wild. i can't recall any other time off the top of my head that i've witnessed so much energy in a crowd, right up at the front too. this is america and sweatpants had the crowd going the hardest by far.

Edited by pepesilvia

What an amazing day. Definitely my new fave (non camping) festival.

Everything on Saturday went great apart from it taking 40 mins to leave the park. Not sure why half the exit tent had been closed.

Really impressed by Big Boi, think he was the star of the show for me. Loved Kali Uchis too, especially Jorja Smith coming out. I'd half expected it as I think she was at Somerset House that weekend. Childish Gambino was mint also, but I was a bit far back so couldn't help but notice all the chatter boxes in the audience.

I had been looking forward to NERD the most but I was disappointed by them. Thought Pharrell seemed a bit of a dick. I don't know that many newer songs which might have contributed but I just got a bit sick of him telling everyone to do what they want, then demanding circle pits were made. Think of crowd safety eh!!