First announcement 2018

WM Hall

Just now, Andeeroo said:

Nice one. I'm a massive fan of the big hitters already on there and quite a few of the names I'm not too familiar with I'm enjoying on first listen, so the lineup looks swell. I'm just greedy!

Yeah this is my second year going and I felt the same last year, loved the headliners(Mac Demarco and Father John Misty) and there were big favourites in the undercard (Car Seat Headrest, Parquet Courts and Alvvays) and this year is the same, massive fan of Vampire Weekend and St Vincent and Ezra Furman,Fat White Family and Sandy Alex G on the undercard is great

Just now, The Nal said:

They have 4 tiers of tickets sales (buy early, pay less sorta thing) the first 3 tiers are sold out and they're on tier 4 now.

http://endoftheroadfestival.com/tickets/

I wouldn't look into that too much as it was on the fourth tier before the first announcement and I'm pretty sure last tier has most tickets to make most money, same thing happened last year, many buy before the lineup is out but it won't sell out for a while I don't think

4 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I wouldn't look into that too much as it was on the fourth tier before the first announcement and I'm pretty sure last tier has most tickets to make most money, same thing happened last year, many buy before the lineup is out but it won't sell out for a while I don't think

Ah ok that makes sense. Just assumed it was an even split. Surprised at that, is the capacity still 16k?

I'm not sure but I think all the prices have gone up ever so slightly, swear tier 4 last year was only 189 not 195, maybe because Vampire Weekend is such a big booking, they defintely let people know when it's getting close, I'm hoping optimistically that it's a little while yet because the only people in my group who drive haven't got their's yet

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ah ok that makes sense. Just assumed it was an even split. Surprised at that, is the capacity still 16k?

Shit meself before that cheers Nal, thought you had an inside scoop! These things never are evenly spread out. Also one to bear in mind, there's a deposit scheme and any unpaid for tickets will get put back on for sale, so if it does sell out there may be sporadic mini-sales.

Finally, eFestivals has capacity at 14K and I can't see anything anywhere about any increases recently.

Edited by Tuna

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Shit meself before that cheers Nal, thought you had an inside scoop! These things never are evenly spread out. Also one to bear in mind, there's a deposit scheme and any unpaid for tickets will get put back on for sale, so if it does sell out there may be sporadic mini-sales.

Finally, eFestivals has capacity at 14K and I can't see anything anywhere about any increases recently.

It needs to stay at that definitely, it was so nice never getting pushed or shoved and actually having ground and ease of movement

It doesn't usually sell out until about 4-6 weeks before. This year might be different with Glastonbury not being on, but I'll be stunned if it sells out before the beginning of July.

There were approximately 100 musical acts over the whole weekend last year, and 62 acts announced so far this year. We're still in for another fairly hefty announcement, which is likely to include some pretty decent sized acts. It's far from done.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

They have 4 tiers of tickets sales (buy early, pay less sorta thing) the first 3 tiers are sold out and they're on tier 4 now.

http://endoftheroadfestival.com/tickets/

All that means is that they've moved onto selling the tickets at full price.

It's very likely those full price tickets are more than 50% of all tickets.

20 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Total newbie to all things End of the Road.

Is there much more to come by way of an announcement, or is that pretty much it?

There should be maybe another 20-30 acts tba but all the headliners have been announced.

It sells out every year but (as The Nal says) the signs are that it is heading for a record quick sellout this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

With most the other festival line ups out, i think EOTR is prob the strongest one so far TBH

Yup, I'm struggling to see better.  EOTR has strong headliners (sure, not my faves, but strong in an objective sense - size-wise, back catalogue, fanbase, etc.) but also a brilliant, eclectic undercard.

Latitude's a lost cause now, Green Man looks bland, Primavera has sold out, Festival No 6 has become a madchester memorial ceremony, and Bestival is just the same old same old...

Just seen this message on the Best Kept Secret Twitter feed. I assume this means she'll not be at eotr either. Shame as I missed her last year and she was one of my must sees in 2018. 

Translated from Dutch by Microsoft

Unfortunately, singer-songwriter Aldous Harding has to finish her entire tour for 2018, including her performance at Best Kept Secret. We are working on replacement, which we will soon announce along with a whole batch of new artists on the lineup of #BKS18!

29 minutes ago, goldengal said:

Could anyone advise which bands are the more lively ones of the lineup? Last year Pond and Lemon Twigs were my favourites.

This year the artists that I am familiar with are the more laid-back indie type stuff which is not as fun to watch live IMO.

Ezra Furman is pretty rowdy on stage for about 3/4 of his songs, Fat White Family are lively on stage but not everyone's cup of tea, I don't really listen to Idles and Shame but I've heard they're pretty rowdy if you like modern british punk shouty shouty we hate the government stuff. Thee Oh Sees are really lively on stage, similar to king gizzard. Hope that helps

20 hours ago, goldengal said:

Could anyone advise which bands are the more lively ones of the lineup? Last year Pond and Lemon Twigs were my favourites.

This year the artists that I am familiar with are the more laid-back indie type stuff which is not as fun to watch live IMO.

Flatworms should be lively if their album is anything to go by!

Green man gets another announcement on March 1st 

King Gizzard,Sunflower Bean and Unknown Mortal Orchestra are all in europe for majority of August, all we can do is hope they come to End Of The Road and Green Man rather than just Green Man 

I know that it would make the lineup too similar to 2016 but who knows

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Business Strategic Management and in order to complete this qualification, I am writing a dissertation with the title of:

The collection and use of data in music industry marketing for the European audience: a comparative study between the UK and Germany.

In order to assist me with this, I am hoping you are able to spend a couple of minutes completing the questionnaire below and would be really grateful for your time and opinion in order to help me with my studies.

I must stress that your participation in these groups and your contributions will remain entirely anonymous and the data I collect will be only used for the purposes of my dissertation.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Paul