Solo traveller

Lauren B

On 22/04/2018 at 12:56 PM, Oceanjaaade said:

Hey hun, i'm also going on my own im game to chill with you if you need too! (ps im a 21 year old girl) dunno if that helps ya :') x

On 28/04/2018 at 12:51 PM, Zekaryaa said:

Looks like I'm going to boomtown 18 solo too. Would be nice to start chatting to people before hand. I'm game to start a new whatapp group maybe? If theres a few solo first timers. Almaz xx 

Hey I've just posted a new topic about a camp solo WhatsApp group. PM me if you want an invite :)

~ Will

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's no need for a whatsapp group. You can use the 'clubs' feature on these forums.

Hello Neil,

I saw you mention the 'clubs' feature before, but I don't know what it is, or how to access it. I'm just thinking that maybe a pinned item explaining that the feature is there, as well as details of how to access it, might be a good idea? Are many people using this feature?

45 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Neil,

I saw you mention the 'clubs' feature before, but I don't know what it is, or how to access it. I'm just thinking that maybe a pinned item explaining that the feature is there, as well as details of how to access it, might be a good idea? Are many people using this feature?

no one is using it yet. If/when i have time i will.

But there's naff-all point in running forums for people to post to say don't use the forums, such with the post a few above.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no one is using it yet. If/when i have time i will.

But there's naff-all point in running forums for people to post to say don't use the forums, such with the post a few above.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. It must be very frustrating for you as owner of this site watch people make posts which ultimately take traffic away from the site. This is why I inferred that the clubs feature needs more exposure. Obviously this site suffers from a fallow year, but maybe people talking away on other sites might return if they could talk on here. Then again, I don't know how much work it would involve you to do this. In addition, there's the obstacle of letting people using other sites know about this feature. Maybe some guerrilla advertising on those other sites might do it. 

On a bit of a tangent, but my friend runs a pre-pitch campsite at Boomtown, with upcycled tents, and he always creates a 'solo traveller' campsite - he gets lots of people flying in for Boomtown and making friends that way :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 6:49 PM, deadpheasant said:

Hey I've just posted a new topic about a camp solo WhatsApp group. PM me if you want an invite :)

~ Will

On 7/4/2018 at 11:48 PM, saw_gameover said:

Is this Whatsapp group still going? Turns out I'm going alone now...

Second this, another solo goer looking for others too hook up with over the weekend. 

If anyone still happens to be looking through this then gimme a shout! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...