Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
holmz

Glastonbury 2005 Poster

Recommended Posts

Oi oi!

So a couple of Glasto-Veterans are choosing this Fallow year to tie the knot... well tie the knot legally.. they already had a "wedding" at the 2005, but apparently this wasn't legally binding and have since decided that they could fill the Glasto-shaped hole in their summer this year with an actual, real life one.

As a present it would be good to find a Glastonbury 2005 poster (the festival where they had their original wedding) - or even a hi-res digital image of it, so we can get it blown up or something.

Any pointers or advice would be welcome - cheers guys!!

2005Poster.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 2005 is a tough one to get, I remember it being mentioned here before and someone saying what you've posted is actually the back of the t-shirt.

This is also out there but not sure if legit...

2005.jpg

Maybe try emailing the office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

The Sunday that year was a fucking blast.

Bobby Gillespie certainly won't remember much of it :lol:

I was only 15 at the time and it was my first festival (only went for the day) what an eye opener it was to see his on stage meltdown!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

The Sunday that year was a fucking blast.

Entire fest went downhill rapidly after the magical heights of The Thrills. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, holmz said:

Oi oi!

So a couple of Glasto-Veterans are choosing this Fallow year to tie the knot... well tie the knot legally.. they already had a "wedding" at the 2005, but apparently this wasn't legally binding and have since decided that they could fill the Glasto-shaped hole in their summer this year with an actual, real life one.

As a present it would be good to find a Glastonbury 2005 poster (the festival where they had their original wedding) - or even a hi-res digital image of it, so we can get it blown up or something.

Any pointers or advice would be welcome - cheers guys!!

2005Poster.jpg

 

Hello holmz,

Not sure, but this might be of help;

 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/489565079/vintage-music-art-poster-glastonbury?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=glastonbury 2005&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I think 2005 is a tough one to get, I remember it being mentioned here before and someone saying what you've posted is actually the back of the t-shirt.

This is also out there but not sure if legit...

Maybe try emailing the office?

Ah wow - that's interesting as I didn't think that "poster" was very familiar. Makes sense if that was a T-shirt.

We've mailed the office and have a few things sorted out - but no poster (yet...)

Thanks for the reply! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is a good shout !!  Nice one :) Thanks so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you get the poster you need to put it in the 2005 bag with the program 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Nal said:

Entire fest went downhill rapidly after the magical heights of The Thrills. 

Deserved more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough that one just went from strength to strength.

 

Was a write off on the Thursday - best year ever by the Sunday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a set of the Q Daily papers - Friday, Sat, Sun that you can have if it helps ? The saturday one even has authentic mud on it :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2018 at 10:40 PM, Gnomicide said:

I think 2005 is a tough one to get, I remember it being mentioned here before and someone saying what you've posted is actually the back of the t-shirt.

This is also out there but not sure if legit...

2005.jpg

Maybe try emailing the office?

Editors, Bloc Party, The Undertones, The Zutons, Killers and White Stripes.

Kaisers, Ash, The Coral, New Order, Coldplay

Ian Brown, Garbage....Sunday not upto much for me but that said at that age I generally didn't know much of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups

 

I know it's wiki but no reason for this yo be wrong. Those lineups though for that price and then you get what you do these days for £100 on top for a weekend. Glasto aside really as they are still smashing it...inc last year which class. I admit I was hoping for the alternative to Katy Perry.....Swift was it people were discussing?, Perry wasn't even in question but at the same time really enjoy the set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.