Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gilgamesh69

Live at Leeds 2018

Recommended Posts

Got a ticket to this on a whim but don't know like 90+% of the acts playing, just figured it would be a good way to discover new music. Is there anyone you'd recommend?

IMG_1083.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TOUTS are worth a look in, decent punk band from Derry. If you like The Clash or The Undertones or that style of punk they're worth a go, great energy live. White Room are decent enough psych-indie kinda stuff, supposed to be decent live but I missed the last chance. I don't feel like I know enough about the other small print bands to recommend any of them and I'm guessing you'll venture into the headliners yourself (ticket price worth it alone for The Horrors, although it might be funner ending the day at Brudenall and they might be to big to finish there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my ticket for this, this week. Very excited.

Suggestions would be very welcome. Bar the bands I’d already heard of, The Lightning Year, Cassia and Outsiders have caught my attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Got my ticket for this, this week. Very excited.

Suggestions would be very welcome. Bar the bands I’d already heard of, The Lightning Year, Cassia and Outsiders have caught my attention.

I throughly recommend Boy Azooga, Caro, Rascalton, When Young and Hockey Dad who had a decent album come out last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final announcement next week. Over 70 acts which some quick maths suggests there are more venues than last year.

Not my cup of tea, but I know someone on the R+L thread (I think) said Cabbage had confirmed to them they were playing this, so I guess they’ll be part of the next announcement.

Anyone else likely?

66DD6E15-A4A5-424A-8A89-9FB444E009E1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Final announcement next week. Over 70 acts which some quick maths suggests there are more venues than last year.

Not my cup of tea, but I know someone on the R+L thread (I think) said Cabbage had confirmed to them they were playing this, so I guess they’ll be part of the next announcement.

Anyone else likely?

66DD6E15-A4A5-424A-8A89-9FB444E009E1.jpeg

I hope they'll have some good stuff because I'm seriously thinking about selling my ticket if not :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do the stage times normally come out for this? Thinking of going up as it’s bank holiday weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, foolee said:

When do the stage times normally come out for this? Thinking of going up as it’s bank holiday weekend. 

Seems it came out on the 19th of March last year, so imagine it'll probably be around the same for this year.

 

 

Also anyone fancy meeting up for this? Going on my own at the moment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

Have they said anything about the schedule yet?

Nothing yet. Was released around this time last year, so something must be imminent. They're usually pretty good about disclosing it well in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been every year since it started but this is probably one of their weakest lineups for me, I just dont know new bands any more and the well known names are pretty weak aside from the horrors and PABH.

will prob still go as long as i can get a cheaper 2nd hand ticket as its not worth £40 plus all day booze costs. Can turn into a sneaky expensive day when you add food and if you're a big drinker.

will try and check out the rec's above. Any more would be nice. Saw HMLTD last year at this for the first time and loved them & became a fan so if i can get one band that blow me away having not seen them before i'd consider it a success

i'll be keen to see the schedule and will make more sense re how the day will go, will decide based on the schedule whether or not to go. If Horrors and PABH were to clash or be in venues I hate then it'd be a no. Just hope no-one you like plays the academy....

Edited by Memory Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

been every year since it started but this is probably one of their weakest lineups for me, I just dont know new bands any more and the well known names are pretty weak aside from the horrors and PABH.

will prob still go as long as i can get a cheaper 2nd hand ticket as its not worth £40 plus all day booze costs. Can turn into a sneaky expensive day when you add food and if you're a big drinker.

will try and check out the rec's above. Any more would be nice. Saw HMLTD last year at this for the first time and loved them & became a fan so if i can get one band that blow me away having not seen them before i'd consider it a success

i'll be keen to see the schedule and will make more sense re how the day will go, will decide based on the schedule whether or not to go. If Horrors and PABH were to clash or be in venues I hate then it'd be a no. Just hope no-one you like plays the academy....

Just wondering, which venues arent you keen on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

Hopefully schedule is soon, this lineup is so great for me. Anyone got more recs?

From the most recent batch of release acts Demob Happy, Bad Sounds and Sea Girls have impressed me.

Would recommend The Blinders, Broken Witt Rebels and The Night Cafe also from that group, who I was already aware of.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

Just wondering, which venues arent you keen on?

Leeds Uni refectory, o2 Academy

Good venues are Leeds Beckett, Belgrave and Brudenell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Just hope no-one you like plays the academy....

What's wrong with the academy? Never been to any Leeds venues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

long ques, bad crowd, annoying security, terrible expensive beer. 

the only thing they can do is the sound

the best LAL acts are never on there so its fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, Memory Man said:

long ques, bad crowd, annoying security, terrible expensive beer. 

the only thing they can do is the sound

the best LAL acts are never on there so its fine

I can agree with the beer comment . Not so  sure about the other views -   In these times security aren't annoying ,they are just doing what they have to. Once you are in there you should not come have to interact with them again until you leave.

Regarding other venues

Some of the smaller venues are excellent  - Nation of Shopkeepers is two minutes from the Academy - its just a bar but good to get close to the band and there is no stage or barriers.  Headrow House is also a nice intimate venue , they will have bands on the top floor.

I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed it , main decision is how long do you hold off drinking for !

Looking forward to it this year , I will soon start checking out bands on the line up I have not come across before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set times are out, some awful clashes for me in there... Vaccines/Horrors who's sets would end after Circa Waves/British Sea Power have started so presumably you'd struggle to get in there as well. Ash/Peace, Magic Gang/Spring King and Dermot Kennedy/High Tyde. 

https://www.liveatleeds.com/artists/#/artists/alphabetical

Would almost be worth camping out in O2 all day. 

IMG_4112.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Would almost be worth camping out in O2 all day. 

Not sure any lineup would be worth doing that. :P

N.B. I made a clashfinder for the battery preservation fam. iPhone 5th/6th gen, I got chu.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×