Cool Britannia

pete76

19 minutes ago, Ringo_Spar said:

Edit: however I am curious. So I searched companieshouse and Impessario Festivals PLC (Rewind, Boardmasters, Field Day?) is in liquidation and winding up proceedings commenced Sept 2017.

They are all Global / Broadwick festivals now. 

Cool Britannia is promoted by David Heartfield and Halcyon Festivals. Heartfield previously operated the 80s Rewind Festival, South West Four, Boardmasters and Field Day. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

They are all Global / Broadwick festivals now. 

Cool Britannia is promoted by David Heartfield and Halcyon Festivals. Heartfield previously operated the 80s Rewind Festival, South West Four, Boardmasters and Field Day. 

That looks ok then, he did well with the Rewinds, and obviously had a worthy product for Global/Broadwick to take them. I knew they’d acquired Boardmasters but didn’t realise they took Rewind as well.

On 01/02/2018 at 10:51 PM, Ringo_Spar said:

That looks ok then, he did well with the Rewinds, and obviously had a worthy product for Global/Broadwick to take them. I knew they’d acquired Boardmasters but didn’t realise they took Rewind as well.

They also have Truck with was a bit of a shambles last year! Good line up but the organisation was appalling 

• 7 months later...
On 10/2/2018 at 12:30 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

For those interested, it's coming back for 2019.

https://twitter.com/CoolBritFest/status/1047070548759592960

Mate said it was the best festival he was at last year.

Going by what everyone said on Twitter and Facebook who attended they agree.

Going to give it a go next year should be a cracker of a line up.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:10 PM, gary1979666 said:

Was tempted with this, as only half an hour from home, but it looked like it's line up didn't justify the price.  Very little on the other stages and a few too many duds on main to fork out for a day ticket.

You pay £45 to see happy Mondays or ocean colour scene on there own ya tight git ;)

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That's much bigger than the headliners they had last year. I really doubt it'll happen

Blur were Cool Britannia just my opinion but I think they’ll pull out all the stops to get them.

Primal scream charlatans the verve shed seven and supergrass al have a pop at too.

Ministry of sound al go for njoi altern 8  inner city Mike Pickering and Carl cox .....

I actually thought when I saw this, wow they're announcing a lot earlier this year, but its actually exactly the same time

Interesting to see they've roped in Jo Whiley to curate the Main Stage on Saturday. 

I reckon Suede and New Order to headline. 

EDIT - I reckon they will be using same kind of headliner pool as Victorious have had actually, so Stereophonics, Noel, Manics, Prodigy and Weller could all be in the mix. Although last years festival was a lot smaller than what Victorious puts out. So thats why I went with Suede and New Order. Depends if theyre gunna try and grow the festival this year.

Edited by luckysalt

12 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I actually thought when I saw this, wow they're announcing a lot earlier this year, but its actually exactly the same time

Interesting to see they've roped in Jo Whiley to curate the Main Stage on Saturday. 

EDIT - I reckon they will be using same kind of headliner pool as Victorious have had actually, so Stereophonics, Noel, Manics, Prodigy and Weller could all be in the mix. Although last years festival was a lot smaller than what Victorious puts out. So thats why I went with Suede and New Order. Depends if theyre gunna try and grow the festival this year.

I think both of those are still too big, really 

14 hours ago, luckysalt said:

New Order won't do nostalgia fests. You might get Hooky but I would be absolutely gob smacked if New Order ever played anything like this.