Download 2019

Steve1000

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

Is this guesswork or is there genuine inside info on this?

Someone on the DL forums said that the supports are definitely those two plus NBT a couple of weeks ago and seems adamant that it is those two. 

Jordan from BMTH has tweeted that they have some UK bands coming in the second announcement that are mind blowing so I think those fit as they’re two of the best live bands the UK has when it comes to heavy music. 

Also I think RTJ will clash with Architects. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Given Slayers tour announcement today and the tours they have already been doing say high chance the saturday will be something like:

Slipknot, Slayer, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Amon Amarth with maybe some from Canibal Corpse, Testament, Obituary, Behemoth below them. 

Seems like a "now DIS is real metulz" line up for older fans.

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I reckon the Slipknot day is going to be properly heavy and a straight up metal day: 

Slipknot / Slayer / Rob Zombie / Behemoth / Amon Amarth / Cannibal Corpse / Whitechapel / Power Trip 

Whats your logic for Rob Zombie dropping to 3rd and Lamb Of God not being below Slayer? Going be previous years posters it indicates Rob Zombie is a 2nd stage headliner (consistent with his past positions of either subbing main or headlining 2nd) and Lamb Of God either 3rd main or 2nd on 2nd. And given Lamb Of God are like constantlt playing before Slayer atm inc at Hellfest why wouldn't they do at Download?

19 hours ago, strangerkings said:

Just a heads up:

Halestorm, While She Sleeps, Within Temptation, Architects, The Fever 333, Don Broco, Arch Enemy, Papa Roach... aren't playing Download UK. Basically all the "heavily" rumoured bands. 

Shame. How do you know 100%?

Are they saving them for 2020?

34 minutes ago, lexiins said:

Shame. How do you know 100%?

Are they saving them for 2020?

From what i've heard all the foreign bands had a falling out with the Download UK organisers and likely won't play for a few years at the very least. The British bands simply just don't want to do it. Next year maybe but I doubt it.

Edited by strangerkings

10 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Whats your logic for Rob Zombie dropping to 3rd and Lamb Of God not being below Slayer? Going be previous years posters it indicates Rob Zombie is a 2nd stage headliner (consistent with his past positions of either subbing main or headlining 2nd) and Lamb Of God either 3rd main or 2nd on 2nd. And given Lamb Of God are like constantlt playing before Slayer atm inc at Hellfest why wouldn't they do at Download?

I believe that Zombie has (or had) the Saturday of DL down on his tour dates on his official site so that's what I've based it off of and Slayer are obviously going to sub over Rob Zombie. 

Lamb of God are a logo band so that means they are at least a third down main or a second stage headliner (but more likely a sub) and I don't think they're big enough to play third down. 

1 hour ago, strangerkings said:

From what i've heard all the foreign bands had a falling out with the Download UK organisers and likely won't play for a few years at the very least. The British bands simply just don't want to do it. Next year maybe but I doubt it.

Papa Roach have but seems a fairly baseless accusation for Halestorm

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I believe that Zombie has (or had) the Saturday of DL down on his tour dates on his official site so that's what I've based it off of and Slayer are obviously going to sub over Rob Zombie. 

Lamb of God are a logo band so that means they are at least a third down main or a second stage headliner (but more likely a sub) and I don't think they're big enough to play third down. 

Rob Zombie's website says friday Download, sunday Nova Rock. 

Lamb Of God are just 'as big' as Volbeat, Thunder and Shinedown, aka last years 3rd on bill. 

18 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

When did that happen?

They've not fallen out with Live Nation as majority of their UK tours have still been sponsored by them, they've just made it fairly clear to them they'd rather do their own shows or play R+L as the overall package is better. Think they were in talks to play DL in both 2015 and 2017 when they were over for summer fests but instead opted for their own shows.