Download 2019

Steve1000

7 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

Friday third down: Within Temptation

Saturday third down: Architects

Sunday third down: Slayer

Friday Zippo headliner: ...Pendulum? 

I think...

• Friday Zippo will be Rob Zombie as I can't see him (them?) being third down nowadays. Die Antwoord another Zippo HL.
  • Whitesnake and Slash subs, obviously, alongside Slayer.
  • Halestorm and Architects third down, still to come.
  • Trivium in either Zippo HL or third down, but Within Temptation in whichever slot they don't do.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think...

• Friday Zippo will be Rob Zombie as I can't see him (them?) being third down nowadays. Die Antwoord another Zippo HL.
  • Whitesnake and Slash subs, obviously, alongside Slayer.
  • Halestorm and Architects third down, still to come.
  • Trivium in either Zippo HL or third down, but Within Temptation in whichever slot they don't do.

Surely Die Antwoord would be one of the logo bands if they were headlining Zippo? Can see Slash/Slayer/Whitesnake as subs and Rob Zombie/Trivium/Within Temptation as Zippo headliners, though.

Also can't see Die Antwoord having enough interest at Download to headline Zippo. Can't imagine many Download attendees would pick them as their headliners.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Surely Die Antwoord would be one of the logo bands if they were headlining Zippo? Can see Slash/Slayer/Whitesnake as subs and Rob Zombie/Trivium/Within Temptation as Zippo headliners, though.

Also can't see Die Antwoord having enough interest at Download to headline Zippo. Can't imagine many Download attendees would pick them as their headliners.

I think the position of the bands on the poster is what well get. Slash, Die Antwoord and Whitesnake are subbing, Rob Zombie and Trivium are headlining Zippo (Rob Zombie Friday or Saturday, Trivium being Saturday or Sunday).

Edited by dannymichaels

Don't see why Slash would sub. He played this year with GnR, will not play any GnR song except for Rocket Queen and his new album wasn't a sucess or something. Don't see how he got any bigger since 2015 when he played 3rd down. He would sub only if there was no more bands to play at this slot, but Slayer and Architects are still and the run

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Halestorm / Tesla 

Rob Zombie / Skindred 

Slipknot / Architects / Trivium / Lamb of God 

Enter Shikari / Die Antwoord 

Tool / ??? / Alice In Chains / Opeth 

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy / ??? 

That’s what I think. Architects to be announced when the tour has sold out, Lamb of God when the Slayer tour is over in November and Enter Shikari when their tour is done (or at least the first lot in December).

14 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

I think the position of the bands on the poster is what well get. Slash, Die Antwoord and Whitesnake are subbing, Rob Zombie and Trivium are headlining Zippo (Rob Zombie Friday or Saturday, Trivium being Saturday or Sunday).

This is the poster that appears at the end of the announcement video, and which Def Leopard have tweeted. Only just seen that some other bands have tweeted one with Die Antwoord in with the logo bands (I thought Dental had randomly found it somewhere), so I don't think Die Antwoord will be a sub.

IMG_20181023_170539.jpg

2 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I assume you mean after 2005? On the announcement there's 5

Die Antwoord - 2009 $O$

Delain - 2006 Lucidity

Power Trip - 2013 - Manifest Decimation

Starset - 2014 Transmissions

The Ammity Affliction - 2008 - Severed Ties

Yeah haha meant after. Still it seems that they've given up on targeting a younger crowd after trying for 2 whole years. I reckon it'll be Underøath and Me First & The Gimme Gimmes headlining Avalanche.

I think it'll be like last year where acts' positions on the first poster corresponds to where they end up playing. If Whitesnake are a sub and Slash is less than a sub, why is he before them on the lineup? I think they'll both sub and Slash will be on an earlier day than Whitesnake. Looking at previous first announcement posters the logo acts tend to be in the correct day order.

downloadfestivalposter.jpg

DL18_4408_Web_Poster_1000px-900x1260.jpg

Was admittedly surprised to see but I don’t get why they’d mail the Die Antwoord logo one around if they weren’t in a decent position. Granted they’re not a metal act but they’re not nobodies.

Zippo headline feels kind of right because they could go up against any of those headliners, whereas a trio of Trivium, Within Temptation and Rob Zombie would have to shut early on Saturday and Sunday.

@Gucci Piggy don’t get duped by the logo placing. Remember that fella on about the font size of Slayer that time?

Just now, Andre91 said:

Yes, they do. They are quite pricey though at around £90/100 per day after all of the fees added on. 

Cheers - good to know. 
I feel like Sunday could be good to see Tool. They're top of my friends list and I've always wanted to check this fest out. 

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Don't see why Slash would sub. He played this year with GnR, will not play any GnR song except for Rocket Queen and his new album wasn't a sucess or something. Don't see how he got any bigger since 2015 when he played 3rd down. He would sub only if there was no more bands to play at this slot, but Slayer and Architects are still and the run

Didn't realize he's dropped that many GNR songs since he started going solo so yes sub shouldn't happen and likely won't

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Also, whitesnake wouldn't fit anywhere except for subbing Leppard, so if Slash are/were subbing it would be on Tool or Knot day and i think this doesn't fit so well

A pure repeat of before but standard. Looks like a few to come maybe with tours...Tool would have cost a bit.