Download 2019

Steve1000

2 hours ago, devilman said:

I wouldn't read anything into Howard Jones appearing with KSE. He appeared with Jasta at Bloodstock too. Boy needs a full time band again. He's full of beans, much more so than when he was with KSE. As for seeing future greatness, after seeing GVF at Download I was blown away. At the weekend I saw Alien Weaponry. I'm even more blown away. They are totally amazing! Even more amazing is the lead singer is 16 and not only handling traveling half way across the world to play a big festival, but totally owning it. Check them out.

Carry the torch is his band if you don't already know, just that you put full time band so Im unsure

10 hours ago, battleborn said:

I wouldn't have Taking Back Sunday on second. Either an Avalanche headliner or a mid-afternoon green day sub. Between Against Me and Frank Carter on your schedule?

With the greatest respect your Green Day subs seem a bit obvious choices. Could go a bit left-field (bar the top-two) with

Green Day / The Offspring / Weezer / Dropkick Murphys / Papa Roach / Good Charlotte /  Panic at the Disco / 

A better headliner and I'd be all over that....but it's not going to happen.

11 hours ago, battleborn said:

Green Day / The Offspring / Weezer / Dropkick Murphys / Papa Roach / Good Charlotte /  Panic at the Disco / 

I understand your point but I see absolutely no way that Panic go from (sub)headlining Reading and Leeds to opening Download.

Edited by Jericode

iron maiden and def leppard are both having uk tours at 2018 so i doubt they will headline next year.am going with:

tool( cause they are making a new album and havent play since 2006)

rammstein(they played 2016 but if they make new music am sure they will play)

metallica(prob gona make their own shows but they havent play since 2012 and they might want to play all hardwired stuff at european festivals too)!

Loads of stuff about AC/DC recording a new album with Brian Johnson. I don’t think it’ll happen at all but how likely do we think it could be that DL manage to get AC/DC again in 2019 but without the extra stage and crazy demands of last time? They would certainly run unopposed like GNR this year if they played, that’s for sure. 

Edited by Andre91

28 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Brian Johnson being in the studio is a huge leap from him being on stage. He's always had the all clear to record and said on retirement he might get back in the studio, but his hearing can't cope with being on tour. I'd love to see a Brian Johnson fronted AC/DC on the line-up next year, but I'm not holding my breath. And obviously they'd run unopposed (although just a reminder G'N'R didn't completely run unopposed - Neck Deep were on). 

Neck Deep were incredible that night. I had a great time :D 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

Brian Johnson being in the studio is a huge leap from him being on stage. He's always had the all clear to record and said on retirement he might get back in the studio, but his hearing can't cope with being on tour. I'd love to see a Brian Johnson fronted AC/DC on the line-up next year, but I'm not holding my breath. And obviously they'd run unopposed (although just a reminder G'N'R didn't completely run unopposed - Neck Deep were on). 

Neck Deep was one of my favourite sets of the weekend and the tent was far more rammed than I expected. AC/DC would be an incredible headliner, and certainly one to be ticked off the bucket list. 

3 hours ago, Dukey said:

Neck Deep was one of my favourite sets of the weekend and the tent was far more rammed than I expected. AC/DC would be an incredible headliner, and certainly one to be ticked off the bucket list. 

I was pleasantly surprised at ND’s crowd; the tent was rammed. 

Disturbed have announced a new album so I reckon they are a good bet to sub 2019. 

BMTH / Disturbed / Architects 

Edited by Andre91

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Alter Bridge will never headline. 

They are headlining their tours lately which they haven't in the past, their fan base and discography are both immense enough to do a solid job at it, and their new work/ stage shows are growing into more and more of a headlining statue with more and more props and effects being used, but yeah otherwise you're right they'll absolutely  never headline a festival that they've been on the brink of headlining for their last 2 sets.   

9 hours ago, seant007 said:

They are headlining their tours lately which they haven't in the past, their fan base and discography are both immense enough to do a solid job at it, and their new work/ stage shows are growing into more and more of a headlining statue with more and more props and effects being used, but yeah otherwise you're right they'll absolutely  never headline a festival that they've been on the brink of headlining for their last 2 sets.   

They could have headlined in 2017 but the festival chose not to bump them up. It seemed the right time but I think the ship has sailed. They’re going to be sub headliner level forever now I think. 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They could have headlined in 2017 but the festival chose not to bump them up. It seemed the right time but I think the ship has sailed. They’re going to be sub headliner level forever now I think. 

They didn't in 2017 because of the addition of bands like Aerosmith and GNR to the headlining pool, I see how you mean but the reality is that aerosmith and gnr along with all the other classic rockers are dying out, wile bands like believe it or not Alter Bridge are still gonna play these headlining tours without they only competition they could really have to stop them.

BMTH doing the secret set at R&L makes me lean towards them headlining there in 2019 and not Download. Back in with Rammstein then. 

Rammstein / Disturbed / Killswitch Engage / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill

Ghost / Alestorm 

Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

The Offspring / Alkaline Trio 

Def Leppard (Hysteria) / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

• Upvote 1

Bring Me the Horizon, Enter Shikari, Killswitch Engage, Jimmy Eat World, While She Sleeps, State champs, Blackwaters

Stage 2:Ghost, Gorjira

Kerrang: Alklaine Trio, The Damned, Creeper

Slipknot, Royal Blood, lamb of God, architects, bury tomorrow, code orange, Angel dust

Stage 2: Dropkick Murphy's, Flogging Molly

Kerrang: Frank Carter & The rattlesnakes, Turnstile, power Trip

Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Alice In Chains, Halestorm, Don Broco, Tremonti, Turnover, Dinosaur Pile-Up

Stage 2: Mastodon, Machine Head

Kerrang: Slaves, Idles, Heavy Lungs

4 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Bring Me the Horizon, Enter Shikari, Killswitch Engage, Jimmy Eat World, While She Sleeps, State champs, Blackwaters

Stage 2:Ghost, Gorjira

Kerrang: Alklaine Trio, The Damned, Creeper

Slipknot, Royal Blood, lamb of God, architects, bury tomorrow, code orange, Angel dust

Stage 2: Dropkick Murphy's, Flogging Molly

Kerrang: Frank Carter & The rattlesnakes, Turnstile, power Trip

Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Alice In Chains, Halestorm, Don Broco, Tremonti, Turnover, Dinosaur Pile-Up

Stage 2: Mastodon, Machine Head

Kerrang: Slaves, Idles, Heavy Lungs

Mastodon, Power Trip, and Especially Royal Blood won't play until 2020 at the earliest, Royal Blood would be pushed to headline if they did play.

Replace NIN with Korn and you've got 3 headliners that work but are still unbalanced.

And no fucking way will Machine Head play a same set as Flogging Molly.